FANTASTIC FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: FANTASTIC FRIDAY

Postby lucylee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:39 pm

* sheesh * Kathryn... it would be a whole lot different if he were a performer waiting on a review... or even still a coach waiting to see a write-up of his game. Nah... he's just OCD. Get this: The paper we SUBSCRIBE to arrives at our driveway around daylight. He is BUYING an EXTRA copy, just to read it a few hours earlier. I mean, this is a highly-functioning, fairly sane individual... but he had rather read the paper at 1:30-2:00 a.m. (when they put it in the box at the store down the road) and sleep late, than to go to bed like normal people and get up at 6:00 a.m. or even 9:00 a.m. and read the paper then. This all started when dfil had his stroke. Ever since then, dh -- who was always very much a night-owl to begin with -- has completely turned his sleep cycle upside down and it's just crazy. But you know how it is... I mean he has very few other serious vices, so... I just think, whatever. :roll: :roll: :roll:
And why, y'all are surely wondering, WHY was lucy out WITH him at such an hour??? Well... sometimes it doesn't ARRIVE exactly on time... so he rides around, and he likes company. I know, I know... it's just insane... and I certainly hope none of these "guests" I see in Who's Online are my neighbors... :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: -- but sometimes you do see some interesting things riding around in the middle of the night. It's kinda like we're playing neighborhood watch, you know.

My goodness, that does sound like a tense situation -- lowering that tower! Wow. Glad ds decided to eat and rest!!! Sounds like he really had no choice at all, actually, but I know how boys (men!) can be. Hope he has a good night at work.

Oh, Nancy, I see what you're talking about. I'm trying to do that with my own journals right now. It IS a slow process. However, since I don't think we should have to READ every item of paper at dmil's, it should be a little easier. I think we should just be able to say -- well, this is a financial record, this is a personal letter, etc, and stack/divide them accordingly.
DH has no idea what dbil is thinking. Like I said before, he thinks dbil might say, "Okay, let's pick lamps now... all right, now let's look at the guns... now let's divide Bibles..." And dh is just flat having none of that. He says either he gets to pick from everything they own everytime it's his pick, or he will not pick.
And dbil seems to be dragging his feet sooo much on this. I cannot understand that. But they say the wheels of justice turn slowly, right? I guess that applies to estate matters as well as criminal matters.

I should probably delete all of this. I know these guests lurking on here must think I live in an insane asylum. I just hope they don't recognize the address, LOL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Happy Birthday to HRH.

My day started out rather slow. I got enough sleep last night, but woke this morning slightly headachy. I had set the alarm early just in case dgd19 got a call from the hospital to come to work so we could take dgd12 to school. But we never got the call, so I napped off and on for a couple of hours. Later on I was able to get started on the weekly cleaning and will finish up tomorrow morning.

Yesterday we had no plans so I took care of some desk things and paid a few bills. I decided we might as well go down the road to pay the water bill then go the other way, on the same road, to drop some bills in the mail at the P.O. That was an easy trip out.

Dee, good that you were able to find a shower gift easily.
LadyM, sometimes I mark a purchase date on a good item if it's something we don't use up quickly, like cereal or bread crumbs, then I can tell how long it's been opened and needs replaced. ((LO)) -- A few of our dgkids are having growing spurts now also. I think a couple of them will eventually be taller that me.
Nancy, sounds like you have a lot of nice flowers growing in your yard -- so pretty to look at.
((FF)), I wouldn't want to be on an rx med. with side effects like the one you have, either.
Lucy, me, me.....I'm a member of the house/car key club also! We've had keys break off in our front door lock. Dh has also locked his car keys in the car -- with the motor running....not once, but twice. The first time he happened to be at an auto parts store and they got the door opened for him. He learned that lesson, had an extra key made, and the second time it happened he used his spare key kept in his wallet. Oh, and the first year we were married we went out shopping one evening, neither of us took our house key. Dh boosted me onto our porch roof and I broke a window with one of my high heel shoes on the second floor to climb in and go downstairs to open the door for him! :roll:
Twins, hope you back feels better tomorrow.
Kathryn, I'm glad ds got some food and rest in time. Hope the rest of the tower come down easier. What will dh do with it? Will you be able to use it sometime again?
BookSaver, hope there's no anxiety at your next meeting.

Hoping that everyone who needs a restful sleep has a good night!

Hello to anyone I've missed...... ;)
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:16 pm

Sunny: We offered it up on FB to anyone we knew provided they took it down. Then dh decided he wanted to take it down with ds's help because he was worried about the tower being dropped on the roof. So that's how it was that they were doing the job.

I figured it would cost about $200 to take it down so that's why I was willing to let the person take it for free.

Instead, it looks like we'll get nothing for it and still have the headache. I'm awfully frustrated over this. Once it is down I might try to sell it. For scrap it should bring in about $50. But I hate to scrap it. The weather station has come here but I'm not sure it will be mounted. It would be cool to know how windy it was on the balcony (I already have a record of the temperature with an indoor/outdoor thermometer.) Dh also wants to try using the antenna. It is huge (about 4'x4' so it might not go where I thought it might (behind dh's dresser) and it can't go on the balcony. It would be nice to get PBS but aside from that I'm not sure what benefit we'd have.

Ds has left for work but will be back in the morning early. He has keys this time (his lobby door fob stopped working last time he needed it so we had to buzz him in.) In the afternoon he has an appointment to view an apartment.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Thanks Sunny my fall crocus are blooming, roses, and rose of sharon of sharron, & sunflowers are blooming now here. Got the onions moved that I dug up today, there are more to go in but not today. :roll: It is dark out. Took a walk with my friend.

Tomorrow I can think about moving the iris bulbs away from the house to a spot where I can seem them from the house.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:24 am

Nancy, I've never heard of Fall crocus! :oops: :?: :o Are they the same colors as Spring ones? :?:

Kathryn, Good luck to your ds on apartment hunting. :!: :)

Dee, It's great you found the shower gift. :)

(((Twins' Mom)))

Waving to Lucylee, :) LadyMaverick, :) Sunny, :) Harriet :) , and anybody I've missed.

Just "popping in" quickly to C. I. and say hello. Goodnight! :D Have a good night, Everybody! My office display card for tomorrow is: SATURDAY SUCCESS! :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Return to “Post When You Can”