THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:20 am

Good morning, Bittersweet -see your light on. Come 'play' with us!

Thank you, Feline Friend, for helping me not to have to think this morning -it hurts!

Dh and I drove to a town about 15 miles away for dinner with the Thursday night Classic Car volunteers. We had a very nice dinner and mine was free (all the volunteers got theirs free & spouses partly). Only trouble was earlier when I got up from the recliner I was terribly dizzy. Thought at first I'd gotten up to fast. But dizziness wouldn't go away. "Let" dh drive as I was still somewhat dizzy. Took an allergy pill and during dinner began to feel a little better. I even tested my BS as I thought it might be too low -in fact it was rather high. I'm feeling some better today but still a little tipsy. Think it's really my sinuses causing some equilibrium. Thought for a while dh was going to have to take me to urgent care.

Think our 'family dynamics' are finally at a cooling off period. Thank goodness -that's probably part of my problem as well -all the stress on my body. Dsons had had quite a 'falling out' on Sunday and I felt like it might never be repaired. But DS-A (the younger) couldn't stand it almost immediately and they have kind of worked things out. I'm trying to stay on the outside enough that I don't really know all that has transpired.

I get frustrated when the world doesn't want to stop for me when I have something major (like corporate year end) on the go.
Guess we all do. Happy holidays, Twins!

If you ever do find that recipe Sunny, please share. Not sure what kind Mom made but it was in the tin cans.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 am

I goofed when I wrote that big check yesterday & gave the bank $300 more than I needed to -now to try & get it back.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:52 am

Good Morning to the North Americans

We had our second spring storm this afternoon. Perhaps its the year of wild storms - where folk need the rain, but fear what the storm may bring. Both brought hail for some. Not that much rain here.

I Slept better last night.
Pdoc
support group (someone I talked to many years ago has come along)
needed dog food. Also got chia seed and a coconut pineapple and tumeric slice.
Storm happened instead of walking straight away so we went for a shorter walk later. Maybe it was lucky it took me a bother to put on Dog's harness as the spitting started when we were just ready to leave.
dinner
dishes. had to play catch up.

Hope it is easily sorted out Dee.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:17 am

I was off looking for a weird holiday or something to name today's thread when Dee snuck in and opened the village :P There wasn't much for choice today, unless you wanted National Psychotherapy Day :lol:

Up early here today. Not surprising, since it's my "day off", which invariably means I either don't (or can't) sleep in, and spend the day running around like a one-armed paper hanger trying to catch up on stuff I didn't get done on work days. I probably would have slept longer this morning, except I was rather rudely awoken just before 4am with DS in the washroom being violently sick :( Not sure what caused it, as he's feeling alright otherwise, but - of course - now I'm awake, and my brain won't turn off.

I wouldn't have been able to really sleep in today, anyways, as I have to leave at 8am to take DD to a medical test. She's feeling a bit nervous about it, and isn't sure how she'll feel afterwards (barium x-ray), so doesn't want to drive herself to work afterwards. The way I'm feeling right now, I'm going to need an energy drink to make it till noon (and then I'll probably indulge in a nap!).

Not a whole lot has been accomplished around here so far:

Drink coffee - Done!
Get more coffee - Done!
Feed & water critters - Done!
Gather trash from upstairs - Done!
Refresh upstairs S centsy warmers - Done!

I think I'll just work in fives today...some will take longer than others, but I don't think I can face more than five things at once...LOL

Next round:

Clean litter box
Swish & swipe bathroom
Gather upstairs laundry
Take out downstairs trash
Return library books that aren't going to get read
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:54 am

Talked to DS-A regarding the $300 I need put back in my account as soon as he can. He said he'd try to do it by phone at 9. So that was fairly easily 'fixed'.

Sunny out, but plenty chilly. I have done nothing yet today except meds & breakfast. I just had a slice of that brown bread, Sunny. Yum. I found a recipe online that I think I'll post in 'recipes' just for fun. Not sure I'll actually get around to ever making it, but you never know. :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:04 am

Actually, it is the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah.

According to my handy "Experience the High Holidays" pamphlet from the bank, it is customary to extend the greeting of Leshana Tovah Tekatev Vitechatem (May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year.)

I'm up.

Yesterday was complete fog. Today the fog was just over downtown and Parliament Hill, being literally a hill, looked pretty with the roof of the Library and the Peace tower being the only visible parts of the Parliament buildings. So I was out on the balcony, taking pictures.

Turned to come in and realized that overnight a series of trees lining the river had turned so took pictures of those as well. The water is still today, so the colours are reflected along the shoreline.

Haven't done anything else except tidy the bedroom and water the plants. Also tossed the dead cut flowers and vacuumed up their mess and the mess from a blooming spider plant.

Now to go get dressed.

We have to leave for an appointment at the bank as of 11:15 and I'd like to accomplish something today before leaving for the day (bank, lunch, tower removal, dh's doctor's appointment, errands on the way back to the apartment.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:08 am

Bittersweet dd was saying she has to train herself to get up early. Starting next week she needs daily injections at 6 a.m. She can't manage them herself so dsil will do them for her before he leaves for work and then her nightly ones when he's home. Thankfully, only two a day and thankfully he has no trouble helping her. Actually she said she might have been a bit happier if he had hesitated a bit before plunging the needle into her!

Yesterday she had to go to the eye doctor for 10 so thought that would be a good practice and she could ease into early rising. Then she got notice the water would be off in her unit all day, starting at 8, so she was up and at it at 6 so she could s2s before 8. She felt the world was conspiring to get her onto the new schedule by offering no choice.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:16 am

Too funny -the conspiracy to get DD up and at 'em early, Kathryn! :D

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:34 am

I lost a long post last night because of this stupid touch pad. I know I need to get it turned off and the mouse installed - but first ----- need to move the files from old computer to this new one.

Anyway - yesterday was check up day with cardio for DH. Thought it would be in and out - but they had to run a bunch of tests and it was 3 hours. For the last month DH has had an intermittent muscle jump near his diaphragm. Many tests later it was determined that one of the leads on his pacemaker has moved and the muscle jump is from that. So he will have to go back for surgery to put the lead where it needs to go.

They are also worried about the A fib as it causes clots which can lead to strokes. Looks like another new med - but first blood tests because of complications from that. At least they will be using one of the new drugs instead of coumidin (sp?) so no weekly blood tests for a while. There is also a surgical fix that we might look into in the future.

We stopped by the hardware store for paint for the new cupboard in the laundry room and H4H to see about a file cabinet. Someone had pushed all the locking buttons on the file cabinets so they are now land fill.

Time to get moving. TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:02 am

Bummer on all fronts, MT! ((((Hugs))) Hope all can soon be corrected.

FOUND IT! My jewelry was in the top drawer of my dresser all along. :roll: I prayed and decided to look there one more time this morning. Noticed dh's little brown case (almost invisible) with all his tie pins, etc. Then noticed another of my boxes on its side -also blending in and then the white box. Why I didn't see it before is beyond me. Could have saved myself a lot of grief and LOOKING! Guess there's a reason behind it. At least I finished clearing out dh's side of the closet (though I was sure I would never have put them there). Now that's ready for dh to winterize when that time comes. I had taken all his 'summer' wear out of his drawers so moved the 'warm' clothing to those and moved around a few more things. Wallah! At least that's done. Thank you all for the prayers for me that I know were out there. Today is looking to be the best day of the week on a lot of fronts.

Return to “Post When You Can”