TUESDAY TRIUMPH!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: TUESDAY TRIUMPH!

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Dee-- YES -- I got it, and thank you! But do you know what? When I first saw it, I thought "Oh. My. Goodness. How does aol know I am lucylee???" And I DELETED it!!! OOOPS. But I have restored it, printed it, and will read it asap. Thank you! Good gracious... I am glad I got a chance to sit down at the computer finally.

Well, actually, I've been on here for a while. It has been quite a day again here in the suburbs of Fantasy Island.
More on THAT later.

I have just barely cuop -- really can't say I have cuop, b/c I've just skimmed through -- but at least I caught that message concerning myself.

Today...
talked to dmom... did I ever go to the bank to sign those papers adding me to her checking account?
-- no -- I did not listen to her message from a few days ago, just called her back, and she inadvertantly forgot to tell me what the message said... :roll:
talked to ds, whom I had dialed accidentally on cell phone... ds did not sound like a happy camper... no he was not going to walk today... no he didn't want to ride out to dmom's with me... no nothing was wrong
talked to ddil, who called to tell me, "ds didn't want to tell you, but we are not going to the fair..." More on all this later...
talked to dh
talked to ds, whom I called to tell that the fair was no biggie, forget we ever had anything to do with the fair/say about the fair/fair is dead to us/don't worry, be happy. More on this later.
walked 2 miles, prayed
Bible and devotional reading
s2s
talked to ds who had decided he would go to dmom's with me
stopped at dbil's office -- he was not in -- will have to complete that errand tomorrow
went to bank to sign for mother's stuff
went to Dollar General to get ziplock bags for dmom
picked up ds & dgs, went to dmom's
tried out her new vacuum, praised her new bedspread, helped her declutter newspapers
took newspapers to newspaper man to recycle
home, got dh, went out to eat w/ds & dgs
home, searched computer for 2nd time for special rug I want to get dgs
EUREKA -- found rug -- HOORAY -- less than 1/2 what dcousin led me to believe it would cost
talked to dmom again re: some of the extended family drama that is going on lately

So, yeah... it has been a pretty full day and I have not started packing for tomorrow's trip. * sheesh *

Awwww.... (((Kathryn)))... hope dd enjoys the new baby sooo much! She may have some mixed feelings re: her own difficulties, but it may also give her an outlet for those maternal feelings, until her time comes.

Retirement... my check today was approx. $50 less b/c of increase in insurance. It will be this way for each of the next four years as well. But I knew this going in. If I had retired a year earlier, I would have escaped the insurance increases, BUT my pay would be 2% less forever, so even the retirement counselor agreed it was six of one, half dozen of the other. I'm glad I worked that last year. And I'm VERY glad I got out when I did!
Dh is so excited that he won't have to attend any more out of town manager meetings at company headquarters.
THAT is one of the main reasons I got out when I did -- since I retired, teachers have been required to attend more and more out of town workshops -- something I never had to do. I think only one time in my whole career did I have an overnight thing to go to, and it was a faculty-wide thing, so dh and I roomed together. I still don't believe I'm old enough to retire, Lilac, LOL! But it's nice.

Twins, I try to buy deodorant, eyeliner, and other misc items in twos like that -- especially b/c those are things that I can't always tell when I'm at the end, you know? Also, there is only ONE deodorant in all of the world, apparently, that doesn't make me itch... so I NEVER want to be caught at a time when Wmart & CVS are both out of it. (It is Dove Clinical, roll-on, in case anyone is wondering.)

BBL...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Dh just ran into the security guard on the way to the garbage chute. Says he's very nice but formidable looking. The guard does the zig zag (up to the top, then along the hall to the opposite end, down a flight and across to the other stairwell and down another flight of stairs.) Our bedroom is next to the stairwell so we sometimes hear him at night but we have never met him. He says ours is a good building to work, it is very quiet here. He's on duty from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. then the regular staff start up. We don't have a doorman but there are about 5 staffers and it is very unusual for me to go a day without seeing at least one of them.

The elevators were out this afternoon unexpectedly and then a bit later there was an announcement that they'd be out for another 10 minutes while they were being reset. I didn't even know there was loudspeaker in the apartment but there is (in the office) and I heard it even though the door was closed between the office and the kitchen and I had the radio on loud.

Tomorrow there will be

1) no water
2) move-in day so one elevator will be on service and another hasn't worked for weeks. In total 5 people are moving in so I'm sure getting an elevator will be tough.
3) windows being cleaned (although we think all ours were done today.)
4) some work being done on the floors either on our floor or one above us (there's a note in the elevator lobby)

I'll be out for a good part of the day. Just figured out my cell phone is at ds's so I need to go get it before my meeting tomorrow afternoon. The plan is drop stuff at his apt, get phone (probably dead now), drop things at the thrift store, lunch out at Subway, meeting, and on the way home pick up groceries so I can cook a dinner.

Oh, I just realized I've joined a gym so I should try and get a swim in there too! Maybe I'll wait until Thursday since that is a hair wash day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:06 pm

Got my walk done this afternoon. Dgd will be here part if the day tomorrow she is ferli g to ill to go to school. My ear was acting up this afternoon. Remembered my meds.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:14 pm

OH! :D So excited for you, Elizabeth!

And OH! :cry: (((HUGS))) for dd, blessed!

We are all packed up for tomorrow's road trip... less than 36 hours ago we were having a big brouhaha about the whole thing but we are now all packed. :roll: Stroller, pack-n-play, lawn chairs, raingear in case it rains, jackets in case it's too cold... :roll: I have a HUGE bag for my "stuff" and dgs's "stuff" -- plus what ds will deliver to us tomorrow. :roll: And the weather prep is NOT overkill... checking weather forecasts, we could have highs approaching 90, lows approaching 40, and 70% chance of rain one day. We will only be at the festival two days, but they will be fairly long days... so y'all wish us luck. First time we've ever attempted this w/dgs and not had ddil along to tag-team with. DS will be very very busy, so not much chance to pass dgs off to him, at least not on the first day. Friday, he should be able to help out. (Tomorrow is just travel. We're not trying to get there any certain time.)
Just praying dh feels better SOON. His knee is KILLING him and now his stomach is hurting pretty badly.

Dmom... * sigh * dmom...
Now her infamous kitchen table and office desk have begun to have clandestine meetings and reproduce... scattering their offspring all over the den. Dmom claims she is FILING paperwork. Ha. You could never prove it by me. However, she did discard some newspapers today. It is just unbelievable to look in there... in any of those three rooms, which of course, are the first rooms anyone sees.
OTOH, she was very pleased to show me her closet, which she has decluttered somewhat and now has her clothes hanging in color-coordinated bliss. Bathroom looked good too. She said her housekeeper helped her get all that straightened out. She was also extremely pleased w/her new bedroom. She got an adjustable bed and new bedspread/curtains/etc. Very pretty. Mostly white with pink/gray/green floral design. So I guess these things do mark progress but ooohhh my goodness... all that PAPERWORK in the kitchen/den/office... Just shaking my head...
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi everyone! I assembled a package with cover letter and resume for a C++ Developer job, but did not get a chance to finish the application, because it was time to pick up DD12 for Girls' Night Out. When I got there, she had a splint on her right thumb! She said it was a sprain (online research diagnosis rather than MD, but likely accurate) from a tickle fight with her dad. I think 12 is too old for that really. Of course, many activities were out, so we rented a movie, which bored her. She decided to play a computer search game with me, and that was fine until we had to leave. Oh, and she did her homework too! She always invites me in, so I had to say hello to the X and the other woman. I embarrassed them without even trying. They were watching a movie and when she saw me, she jumped up to turn on the lights!

After DD drop off, I returned the movie and fed the car. I sent 3 necessary emails and finished the job application. Now, I must attend to catboxes, put the trash out, and cut some fabric for the costume. Perhaps I will be able to start sewing the skirt. I wish there was some way to have videos in the sewing room. No, I will not be finishing it tonight, as originally planned! I need to get it done by Saturday evening, because I want DD's help in measuring me. I will enter the measurements into my pattern generating software, design my costume and print it out. Maybe Sunday, I will buy the fabric.

Tonight, I will make sure my phone is beside my bed. Tomorrow, I will be getting a call from the interviewer, and I don't know what time. I don't want him to get a voice mail.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:52 am

I sold my second short story for a December issues. YIPPEE!!! :mrgreen: I'm so excited! It's written from the male POV, too. A wife is missing, the authorities think the DH has something to do with it, they won't search until she's been missing for 24 hours, and he knows inside his heart, how there IS something "wrong"! It's totally unlike his wife to go Christmas shopping and never show up again. It turns out well, in the end, when he searches for her, finds her, in a one-car accident and injured, so he rescues her and they have thanks on Christmas, for life, love, and family. I hope the readers will like it, too. :D

[u]SKIPPABLE RANT[/u]: I have had DH cut me OFF 3 times today, when I start to talk to him or explain something to him, and it IRKS ME to no end! I find it being disrespectful, I told him so, but he doesn't see it like THAT at all. He said he's thinking I'm going to say something else, so he's trying to tell me, he already KNOWS that or doesn't have to know ANYTHING about that, and it's totally a misunderstanding on his part and on MY part it's I DON'T UNDERSTAND HIM AT ALL! HE'S ACTING JUST LIKE HIS MOTHER! :roll: :lol: :? :? He says he'll try harder, starting tonight. I told him, HA! :!: :evil: I don't "get" men.

I told him he's THERE for my writing money, am glad I help out financially, but he doesn't want to LISTEN to me, when I'm trying to explain something to him. Strange. He's just not on my good side this evening. :twisted: I know he'll try to make it up to me tomorrow, by being extra, extra sweet and helpful, too. He SHOULD. I told him I'm just going to hide in my OFFICE all day and work. Said "I'll come out to eat and use the bathroom.... ONLY!" Fat chance. I'll "miss" him, will come out of my dungeon, to say hello and be with him because I love him. He'd BETTER be better tomorrow. Or I'll just rent an office somewhere and go there to write. OR have him drop me off at Barnes 'n' Noble, and I'll write by hand there for a few hours and he can come pick me up when I'm done. :idea: Writers write in coffee shops, too, in malls, in cars parked anywhere, etc.., too. I don't "need" to stay home to write. I might broaden my horizons and work outside the home occasionally. It'd get me out, away from the blasted "glass monster", a. k. a. TV 24/7, too. :roll:

RANT'S OVER NOW! I can go back to being my own usual nice sweet self now. ;)
Goodnight! See you all tomorrow! Take care & get a good sleep!
TTFN. :D
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:29 am

(((FF)))
DH here does that sometimes too -- his excuse is (excuses are) * He's afraid he's going to forget what he HAD TO tell me, which was of the utmost importance at that very minute... or * He had to jump in when he thought I was between subjects b/c I talk so much sometimes that he can't get a word in otherwise... or * He HAD TO see how this game turned out b/c it was in the last inning and he knew I could finish what I was saying when it was all over...
* sigh *
MEN.
It IS rude; you are correct. However, I probably do interrupt him a lot too. I know I have recently started interrupting my dmom but that is because as I told ds tonight, I have already heard that song.

LOL -- dmom started in telling ds (and me, again) the thing about how the doctor was probably right when he told her she probably should have never had children, probably should have never married -- (b/c to put it delicately, her body was not built for marital relations, but she didn't go that far in explanation to ds). DS was a little shocked, b/c of course, if she had never married, the three of us -- ds, dgs, and I -- would not be here, exactly, today... and I told him, "That's her thing now. That is the latest song off the CD that she keeps playing." He said, "Well I knew YOU didn't look too shocked when she said that," and I said, "Right. I've already heard that song."
*** I KNOW dmom is happier than words can say to have her children and ds and dgs... but her lot has not been easy, and she knows marriage at age 15 is/was the cause of a lot of her problems.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”