Thursday celebrations!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Thursday celebrations!

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 am

Happy Birthday to our Dear SHE birthday twins = Sunny & CathyS!I hope your day is filled with lotsa love and fun moments (((Double Hugs))))
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Re: Thursday celebrations!

Postby Lynlee » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:55 am

Happy Birthday Sunny and Cathy
May the next year bring you many blessings.

I need to move towards bed.
today
polished my newish boots. at last.
pdoc
sent him an email - links to a mental health site, and a condition I was once told I have.
(Going back on suggested suppliments to see if they help.
Support group
rang a friend
walk
cooked meal - 3 extra for my freezer.
dishes washed.

good night
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:14 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY & CATHYS!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 am

Happy Birthday to our two villagers: Sunny and CathyS. Hmmm....I don't seem to have Cathy's birthday in our 'special dates' calendar -can I add it, Cathy?

Dh has gone to the other side of the nearby city for breakfast with his fellow retirees. They meet once a month and always at the same place. He rarely makes it, but decided last week (this being the last time he could this year) to make the trek over there. It's nearly an hour getting there from here.

I'm up and somewhat moving. Just finished my meds and have the bed made (I have an unwritten rule that when I go back in the bedroom for something -that's when it gets made and at least I have something to show for the morning.)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:58 am

(¯`´¯) ..•*¨`*♫.•
´*.¸.•´
` CathyS's Birthday *.¸.*

(¯`´¯) ..•*¨`*♫.•
´*.¸.•´
` It's a Sunny Day *.¸.*

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:40 am

RamblinRose, I keep looking at that hip bag you mentioned the other day. It's looking better and better to me. DSisil (db's wife) gave me one without straps a few weeks ago -just attaches to the waist band. The problem with that is it cuts into my waist though I love the concept. If I had one of the hip bags I could carry my phone all the time, a couple Kleenex, unmentionable, cash, credit card, Disney pass, lipstick/lip balm, small comb. And best of all I could put my key fob for the car in there and never have to take it out. (Love not having to find my keys and put them in the key slot to start the car by the way). Might even be a good Christmas gift for DD. Think I'll pick out the one I want -notice there's free shipping with $49+ so may order dd's at the same time. Hmm, hmm, hmm. I'm thinking she could keep it attached to her all the time -even at school -not having to store in her office and fear someone taking it.

Here it is after 9:30 and I'm still at the computer. Better get off here, get dressed and get busy. I'm impressed with how far I am with packing up and getting the RV ready for dh to close. The truck he's driving to FL should be available Sunday and then we can start packing some things in there. I plan to pretty much just take the suitcases with me, leaving him the clothes he will need in the interim. Packing one small box for him to carry beside him with snacks and other needed things. I'll leave the cooler for him to bring. He actually brought a bag of ice from the ice machine (which they shut down the other day) and has that in the freezer. He can dump that in the cooler and have cold drinks for the journey. Think dfriend and I will simply pick up a bottle of water/soda when we stop for gas along the way.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:48 am

I like it when we have people to celebrate in the village!

I'm awake. Have had my tea and chocolate and put away 1 item of the mess in the apartment (the bedroom has also been tidied but doesn't seem to get mess.) Need to go dress and straighten my hair but since I showered at the gym last night, I don't have to shower this morning.

Poof!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:54 am

Happy birthday to SUNNY and CATHY!!!

We are off... On our way to the festival but not very happily, I must say. DS is mad bc he's had no sleep the last couple nights (dgs being such a night owl) -- so now dh is mad bc ds is mad.
- sheesh - MEN! Grrrrr...
Y'all say a prayer it gets better.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:11 am

Will be praying you have a super delightful weekend, LucyLee.

Just went through dh's and my closets and all our drawers once again. Took out just a few pieces of clothing to pack. I think the bedroom is pretty well 'done' as far as readying to leave goes. I've partially done the bathroom and some of the kitchen cupboards. I've set aside dh's clothes to wear on the trip down right down to his compression socks! Hmmm....guess to make that complete I could hang a pair of undershorts with his jeans. The shirts I have for him is a set with a pullover t-shirt/topped with a plaid flannel -that way he can take off the shirt if he gets too warm.

I'm packing a pair of capris/top in my overnight bag so I have them to put on the 2nd day when I expect it will be getting warmer. So far looking at accu weather it looks pretty good for an east coast trip -I'll keep checking as I know how much it can change 2 weeks out. Yikes! :shock: :o That's all I've got!! Two weeks from today I'll be well on my way, G willing.

Think I'll go get a LOL going. That way I can throw it in the dryer and come home for about 45 minutes while it twirls. Looks to be a pretty nice day so think I'll have dh get the storage unit open for me so I can take out the remaining things -very few to go. Things like empty medicine bottles to go to our church in FL -they are given to a homeless men's shelter. Forgot to take them last year so coupled with this year's I have nearly 2 plastic grocery bags full. Wouldn't bother if I had to take them in the car.

Also think I'll try to empty the deck fridge today. That means I need to clean out the refrigerator in the kitchen to make room for some beverages.

Went to calling hours for our dneighbor last night and then stopped for dinner. I still have 1/2 a turkey Rueben for my lunch. Most likely dh won't want lunch after a late breakfast. Dfriend who 'cooks' brought us a dish of goulash yesterday so guess that's dinner. Someone else left several green peppers so it'll be pepper/cheese toasted sandwiches for lunch tomorrow and another day no doubt. I have all the ingredients to make manhattan clam chowder and need to get that done soon -while the celery's crisp. That should last us a few meals.

Off to do the fridge. BBL

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:51 am

Morning ya'll..

Mine didn't start out good.

First I heard Sadie starting to get sick in her kennel. It happens to her every once in a while...so I quickly jumped up and got her outside. She did leave a bit of yuck here and there before I could get her out, so cleaned that up. Figured I was up so I just stayed up.

Made coffee, turned the new on, and then glanced at my fb. Saw a notice written by one of my beloved former students, whom I still remain in close contact with, stating that one his classmates, and my former student, had shot and killed in what was being called a road rage/murder.

Took my breath away because the incident had occured just two miles from my house and I had been seeing it repeatedly on the news all day yesterday. However the names hadn't been released at that time so I had no idea that the "young man" was really a student that I had been close too. He was just 23, talented and a very involved with producing music. I ran into him several months ago and we had a great talk. At one time I was very close to his mother as well. Darn I hate when this happens.

Dee...if you're considering one of those bags make sure you order the larger size. If you overstuff the inside pocket, the zipper will not close, nor with the top flap snap. Also consider spending the extra money to by the extra straps that convert the bag into a cross body bag. It's more convient if you use the bags with a dress, and less bulking under a winter type jacket. I use mine all year long, and by converting it to a shoulder/cross body fine they are great for a little dressy bag.

I own three bags and am about to order the metallic one. I hate the bags that clip onto the loops of your pants. Once the bag is loaded, it tends to pull your pants down. Also while I'm thinking of it, I "hang" or clip my keys to the outside connector where the bag clips onto the straps...it works either way as a belt/fanny pack or cross body as long as your keys have some sort of ring on it. Very secure and easy to get too.

I have a birthday lunch to attended to today and really need to jump into the shower. :lol:

Waving to ya'll...Enjoy your day.

A very merry Birthday to Sunny and Cathy. Hope ya'll get to celebrate with family and friends...wishing you the best :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”