Don't Freak Out Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Don't Freak Out Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm not freaking out because I have no idea where my self stick address labels are. I know I saw them earlier this summer but have no idea where. Should be nearby certainly. I need to make a couple of sheets of labels for ddil#1 to forward any mail we get at her house. Also have to make a sheet for the office here so dh can get his paychecks :D . He'll have 4 or 5 more coming after he leaves here.

Funny thing happened with that 'change of address' from here. (After dcampowner's ddad passed away this spring & his significant other who had been delivering mail became less able to do it -she's now moved to assisted living -owner decided he didn't want any campers' mail coming to this physical address. :roll: Some things we needed a physical address for so we changed it to DS's. New problems keep cropping up from that. One thing was I went online to apply for absentee ballots. Site told me we weren't registered for this address. Couple of weeks later ddil brought me a piece of mail from the election board -seems they changed our registration to that address in a completely different town. It was too late to get the ballot and get it back. Glad it wasn't the presidential year, though we do have gubernatorial election this year. I would rather that we were voting in this district. Strangely dh hasn't received a notice from them as yet though.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Dove, that's a nice thought, but it would cost too much to have help, either here or in the office. Office help wouldn't work anyway. I have to sandwich it in wherever I can. If it's stuff I must do with DH, sometimes we end up working evenings late or mornings early, or whenever he can come home between jobs.... just would never work. And the house, well, who would know what to do with files and papers everywhere? And how to clean under all that? A lot of my cleaning time is tidying up the stacks and making folders, etc. We don't have a "traditional" business where the boss runs things from his office. He would actually hate that!

Oh, Dee, what a mess with your address. How much easier your life would be if you just lived one place.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Dove, as of this a.m. when I was typing here my fingers were so swollen and that's what made me start realizing I just felt swollen all over. A few hours later I was definitely better, but not quite right. Maybe now I feel better. I don't know about that hot dog - nitrites? MSG? (MSG seems a likely possibility.)

Yes, that's how you spell it. Everything was really fine and will probably feel like a more normal grocery as soon as the herd of upper management leaves for the next opening. I only had one real sticker shock when I glanced at the receipt later, although I would say low prices are not the drawing point. They did make another nice store nearby send out great coupons to compete - that's a win-win, and I have those in my purse!

I am hearing nothing from dd34. Hmmm... ... I would say that does not seem promising. As it is, they would arrive so late.

Phone rang, but it was dstepson asking about dd34. He will change his plans as well depending on whether family is here or not.

In limbo. Sigh.

Nope, there it is. They had to finally decide the prospects are too dim to make the trip. Dsonil is running a fever and little britches is fussy and acting sick. They think he will be in full blown sick mode at some point this weekend, and all they would have done would be make us all sick, too. They assume this was a long incubation period from an illness DangerBoy had last weekend, being sick with respiratory, then well, then into tummy troubles. So far WonderBoy, dd and the baby are okay.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Harriet: how disappointing.

Long day here and I'm exhausted but I haven't written that sermon or service yet. I hate to wait for tomorrow but I may have to. I guess I'll work on the service first so dh can practice the music.

No church Sunday morning for us because dd has a procedure and needs rides in both directions since it will be on a Sunday and the buses run only sporadically then. We'll pick her up at 7:30 and drop her and dsil at the clinic. The procedure is usually only an hour but due to over-stimulation, her body will need extended observation until 10:45. Church is at 11, we're 20 minutes from her home and then 45 to the church so we know we won't make it. Even if there's a delay we'll make the 2 p.m. service I'm doing. She knows she'll have to take a taxi if it gets too close for me (her brother is working first aid at a marathon so can't pinch-hit for us.)

I went to ds's with the load of stuff. He showed me his new plants. He had a wave of depression hit earlier this week and went to IKEA to eat, be around people and try and snap out of it. He also bought plants to help with filtering of air at his place (new carpets.)

That reminded me I had to get to IKEA for lingonberry/apple sparkling juice for Thanksgiving so we went together and spent time shopping. I picked up a bamboo plant and an orchid for dh and an aloe plant for the kitchen.

Did the banking I had to do and then came home because I was too tired to do the rest of my errands. Dh and I went out for dinner and he helped me carry my purchases back up to that apartment.

I'm doing laundry now to try and catch up on that. First load done, second is hung up to dry (but might take longer because I forgot the second spin) and third is on the washer, almost done. Fourth is waiting until tomorrow when the drying rack has room for it. Then I'll be caught up once more.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:28 pm

:D HAPPY B-DAY TO HELIA'S DD!!! :D

My sleep was messed up this a.m., rising very early, :roll: so wrote 3 letters, which DH mailed on his way to town to run errands and get groceries. I got in a good afternoon nap, so feel well-rested. I wrote a dfriend a letter, while DH was gone, washed/dried towels, but need to put them away. :idea: :!: I've written 2 more letters, but 1 letter is to a pen pal AND her down's syndrome DD. I send the DD stickers and things, which make her happy and fit flat into envelopes. :) She writes notes back, but she tells her Dmom what she wants to say in the letter, her Mom copies it down for her and the DD copies it for me. It's so sweet. She does so well at her hand printing, too. She's in Special Olympics, too, loves sports and is a delightful young woman.

I owe 2 letters still, it's 8:22 p.m. here now, I also want to write my Dsis, DD, and an elderly 98.5-year-old Dfriend I've known since 1975. I came across a mock-up book of calligraphy I'd crafted for her in my master calligrapher college class in 1994, and she got the copy, which was a poetry book, all about her and our dfriendship. :D It made me think of her, when I ran across the mock-up and decided to drop her a "just because" letter/card. :idea: ;)

I have 2 short stories, about 3,000 - 5,500 words long, estimating, to log and sub, but will do them tomorrow, as I'm not real "alert" tonight, want to do snail mail tonight, and will do stories and crochet tomorrow. I've been also reading, got 1 book done, am working on another, while I ride my recumbent stationary bike. I'm slowly breaking myself and my ankles in, so I can do 30-minutes without an ankle problem. It's so relaxing to read and bike, which makes the time go by faster. I have a Dfriend who bikes/reads at the same time and she reads a LOT of books, regularly and then donates them to 2 family members.

It was super foggy this a.m., then sunshine came, then afternoon clouds arrived. Rain's due from the Coast this evening, for about 4 - 5 days, on and off, isolated and sporadic showers. At least they cancelled the Saturday T-storm now. That's so nice.

Have a wonderful weekend, Everybody! Take care and it's so nice to have Friday night here at last! :!: :P :)
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:17 am

I got to drive the jeep home it is 10 yrs. Old. But new to us. We are excited! Signed paper work this afternoon.
Grocery store run done.

Return to “Post When You Can”