Friday Preparing for the Weekend

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Friday Preparing for the Weekend

Postby BookSaver » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:44 am

Good morning, villagers ~
What needs to be done today to get ready for the weekend?

Today my goals are all about getting ready for tomorrow's social activities.
* Sewing group meeting first thing in the morning. It actually starts at 9:30 but I will have to be there early to help with pre-meeting activities. This meeing includes elections for next year, presentation of annual reports, and they decided to add a pot luck brunch.
* Then I will need to be up north before 1:00 for DNiece's baby shower -- driving distance at least 1 1/2 hours from the meeting location, assuming that I do not have to stop at home on the way there. I will need to leave the meeting no later than 11:30.
* Must visit DMIL after the baby shower to take her some things from her house. If possible, measure her sewing table.

Therefore, today's goals:
* Finish the sewing group's annual report from the treasurer (I've already worked an hour and a half on it this morning :P )
* Finish research into previous years of the group's budgets, anticipating questions :P
* Finish the sewing group's filing :P
* Make fudge to take to the meeting; decide if that along with the fruit cups in the cupboard will suffice as pot luck contribution (since I probably will not have time to stay and eat with the group)
* Pack everything needed for the sewing group meeting
* I have already chosen an outfit to wear tomorrow, and will wash my hair in the morning
* Finish sorting DMIL's sewing supplies, find a suitable bag for delivering things to her (include some fudge?)
* Sign the baby shower card, insert gift cards (DNiece and her husband are living on an army base in Germany so she will be ordering things online from there), put all in my purse so I don't forget to take them

I am thankful that I don't have to go anywhere today.

LadyMaverick

Re: Friday Preparing for the Weekend

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:56 am

Good Morning Bookie! (and all who follow) Great job planning to be ready for a very busy day tomorrow.

bbl
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:03 am

Good morning! Today I am going to pick up our new-to-us cat. We were supposed to get a 3 year old female named Iris, with gorgeous green eyes. BUT when it came time for her surgery, she was sneezing, and they didn't do her surgery. We got a head's up phone call, and we chose to go with a silver/grey tabby by the name of Missy. Missy already had her surgery and she is ready to come home.

I need to set up the food and water dishes and the litter box. I also need to take a quick look around to see if there is anything that needs to be put away from little playful kitties. I am also going to sweep.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 am

You do have a social day tomorrow, Booksaver! A day at home today sounds lovely!

A new cat - how exciting! I hope Missy's transition to her new home goes well, CathyS!
Weekends have taken on a whole new meaning since I've started payroll. I really look forward to Friday evenings. :) I have nothing unusual on the calendar for this weekend. I'm meeting with tutee R for an hour tomorrow. Dh and I will probably go for a jog tomorrow a.m., and we might go see Interstellar with ds tomorrow night. I will probably take Pepper to the vet. That's about it.

My tutee can't make it this morning, so I have a morning pretty much at home today, with the exception of my WW meeting at 9:30. I expect a gain. I haven't really been doing the program.

I skimmed yesterday's posts and I agree with all regarding LadyM's posts. I enjoy the positive energy of your posts and the LO stories. The love and care you show your family -- all generations of it -- is inspiring to me!

I am currently drinking a cup of milky tea in a quiet house by myself. Ah!! I have done a couple things this morning, added a couple more edits to a moms group email that we are sending out to the women. I have also refilled the dog water bowl.

ToDo before I head out at 12:50 for work:
- laundry
- a.m .routine, as much as possible
- WW meeting at 9:30
- prep for class
- prep to tutor A
- make a vet appt. for Pepper for tomorrow. She is bothered by something on one of her hind legs, lots of licking. If I touch the area she gives a low growl. It looked raw the other day, but I couldn't see it today.
- more items from my weekly list

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:06 am

Hoping Pepper feels better soon, helia. Also hoping Emptynester's Dakota has had improvement and Lilac's dd's Ruby continues in improvement.

Lilac, that's troublesome to know he's begun coughing on top of a long time of concern about ear.

Ramblin', I am probably naive about some of this. I know students at dd's school despise detention. It may be because of a long history of teachers making sure it was never pleasant, as you said. The unhappiness at lunch is usually due to long lines - I think most really want to get through the line but those who are late getting there give up in frustration. Btw, dd tells me there are all kinds of healthy choices given the best display, but very seldom a day without pizza! LOL! That is probably the difference right there because the pizza is seriously good. Students will accept a fruit or veggie as long as they get pizza. Dd says the new tardy policy is starting to hit home as students realize they go to a teacher's classroom, with bag lunches.

I lost at least a half-hour or maybe 45 mins of sleep this a.m. because dd mistakenly closed a door on Tobias as she got up to go shower. (Her schedule is the earliest in the house.) He was banging against the door in a panic. Sigh. I didn't need that sleep anyway. :roll:

This weekend I only have 6 people coming to visit and one a baby. Easy Peasy. LOL! Happy that all mopping was done well - I do worry about tiny ones on the floor, probably rolling for mobility like crazy by now. and other little ones wanting to get down there to play.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:08 am

I haven't totally cuop yet, but I saw mention of action regarding LadyM's BH. So exciting!

Helia ~ Good thing you get a break on the weekend -- your daily schedule during the week would send me into hiding. :)

CathyS ~ Your new cat sounds beautiful. I wonder, though, if it might be better to change her name, otherwise she might think you are hissing at her every time you say Missy.

Harriet will get to hold a baby this weekend, hip hip hooray! :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:10 am

I'll be MIA, probably, for the rest of the weekend, or at least until Sunday.

Here's where I am:

http://www.cracksfestival.org

The name for the festival comes from Leonard Cohen's Anthem:

"Ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the Light gets in"

I'm looking forward to meeting the moderator and the concerts, although I have never heard of the artists. They are biggish in Canada but I don't listen to a lot of music from NOW. Since I'm working as a roadie, I'll probably have more interaction with the artists than if I just went to the concerts and their Q&A sessions.

Snow flakes are drifting by the window but just the occasional one. It will make working the ticket table very cold this weekend (its in the Narthex which opens directly to the street.) We expect 1 - 2" of snow to fall tomorrow afternoon. Must find my boots and put them in the car (I'll wear my best walking shoes in the church since I expect to be on my feet for the next 2 days.)

I managed 12K steps yesterday, none of them in my walking shoes. The last 4K were in my dress boots (with orthotics in them) and I'm a bit sore today. I'm over 70K steps for the last 7 days. Did a round of physio before bed.

The play (The Importance of Being Earnest) ran 2:45 so we didn't get home until 11:10. It was excellent. Dh guffawed in numerous places. He had expected chuckles but not outright guffaws. I've seen the play twice or three times and the movie once but with plays the staging brings a fresh approach to the material, plus Wilde's words have so many layers of meaning that it is a play you can watch over and over.

Next play in the series is Through the Looking Glass, although we are looking into getting tickets for Fiddler on the Roof at a different theatre in a few weeks. I'm just waiting to hear if dh is going to NS or not.

Gotta run. It is 9 and I have to s2s and get packed up for the day. We have a couple of hours of downtime in the afternoon so hope to get a good start on the Christmas letters at that point. So I need to load all the materials we need for that into the car along with my boots.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:26 am

Busy today and tomorrow here - today dMacs has PT, I have a bodywork appt and we are going to temple tonight for service and dinner. Tomorrow I am going to bar mitzvah and luncheon at the other synagogue while dh goes to Torah study then to the local football tailgate and game (work function for him - they have invited clients.) Tomorrow evening we both go to the bar mitzvah party, then dh flies out on Sunday a.m. to be away until Tues evening.

Dcleaning lady will be here today but is coming a little later while I am out with Macs.

-breakfast and meds
-dress and walk dMoses
-finish clean up for dcleaning lady, need to leave her in an hour (Eeeeeeek!)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 am

Selling six hens today. I need to get the run cleaned.
I raked leaves for the coop run & nest boxes.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Nancy, why are you selling the hens?

Taking a break here. I had a couple chuckles as I read today's posts. Picturing babies rolling on Harriet's floor while a cat bangs on a door, also picturing Kathryn with crack :shock: (till I followed the link).

I am preparing for the weekend by trying to finish all the pending stuff on my desk. 2 big things done so far. I would like to not have all this stuff on my mind all weekend.

editing: gosh everybody must be busy right now. question: has anybody put their drug and pharmacies into the med website and tried to compare the plans? :o I've been at this quite a while. It's almost impossible to understand (at least for me). None of the prices that come up are actually close to what I was paying this year. :?

Return to “Post When You Can”