Take Care of it - Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Take Care of it - Tuesday

Postby Harmony » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Ha! Nancy, you're not alone. I trekked out to my mailbox too and brought my mail back in. Called an insurance company that went to voice mail; she called back and apologized, saying they were short-staffed as the Veterans all took the day off.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:09 pm

We got back from the nursing home and I took a nap.
Told dh my new default setting is "lazy."
Dgs stayed home with his mommy all day so it has been a little quieter around here but we missed him, too!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:21 pm

sweet dreams all

lucy.. a good nap always makes one feel better
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:08 pm

It was nice to have a calm visit at the nursing home and not have to chase after dgs all the time. However, the older ladies there are just wild about him, so they were very disappointed that we didn't bring him.

I also tried C hick F il A grilled nuggets for the first time today. Probably the last time. Nothing BAD about them, I'm just not a fan. I LOVE LOVE LOVE C hick F il A, but I'm going to stick to what I like -- the normal chicken nuggets. If I'm going to have grilled chicken I'll get it somewhere there doesn't know how to do chicken like they do, and I"ll put it on a salad and be extra-virtuous.

Hey -- and in the Tell Me What I Said Wrong thread... get this. Remember my great-aunt, dgfather's half-sister, is a resident there. Her granddaughter was visiting today, first time I've seen her in a long while, and we were talking. I said, "Aunt _____ and her twin sister are the last of her family aren't they?"
Well... dh/dson didn't pick up on What I Said Wrong, either, but the gdaughter thought for a minute and said... "Hmmm... no, there's (sister)... " and then I remembered! DUH. I had totally put out of my mind THREE of my dgfather's siblings, and over the course of my life, I have probably spent ten times as much time with those three as I have the aunt at the nursing home or her twin. Good grief! Where is my head sometimes???
But I covered by saying, "Oh OF COURSE. I wasn't even thinking -- they are probably 20 years younger than (daunt in nursing home) and I always think about them as being my ddad's age..." (Meaning, they seem more like cousins to ddad, but they are really his uncles and aunts.)
Good grief.
But surely this cousin has no reason to be telling the other three they completely disappeared from my mind. * sheesh *

Cannot get in touch w/dmom to tell her the flooring man wants to talk to her, and to tell her ds/ddil/dgs want to come visit her tomorrow, and to tell her I did talk to the plumber. Left messages on her cell phone (3) but no return calls. Maybe they'll get her phone service back by tomorrow.
Tomorrow is another day.

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Quick C. I. here:

I only have 2 letters to do, after the one I'm on is finished.

I've gone over 12,000 steps today! Yes, it's accurate, and I wear my pedometer on my shoe. I walked today, marched, did light housework, etc... It feels great to get activity in, I sleep much better, and the feel-good endorphins are wonderful, too.

I went to change my kitty desk calendar and focus display card, for tomorrow, this evening, and it was till on Monday, and Monday Mojo's card! LOL! Oh, well. I've got Wednesday's out now, which is a "Way To Go! Wednesday" display card, and an awfully comical bald breed of cute cat.

Have a wonderful evening! It's cold here. We're getting winds from E. WA State, blowing through the Cascade Mtn. Range passes, down into the lowlands of the W. WA State Puget Sound Region PLUS, frigid air/winds from British Columbia, Canada, to add to the mix! :shock: Now, lights are blinking again! Several power outages over this side of the mountains, too.

Be safe and warm, Everybody!
TTFN!
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:52 pm

12,000 steps d friend.. .how awesome is that!!! great!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:17 am

I'm just a few steps from 13,000 now! It's only 9:15 p.m. and I go to bed about 11:35 p.m., too! It's not unusual for me to get in 14,000! Go Me! :lol: The endorphins are wonderful and skinny jeans fit better, too. ;) My Dr. wanted me to move more, exercise more, and lose more weight, too. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Return to “Post When You Can”