Fabulous Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Fabulous Friday

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:57 am

I do better cooking here wi th simpler foods with less to choose from of the too many carb dishes. Did not even miss the potatoes & rolls. I did not have the energy needs to clean and have 13 people over glad we are doing it this way.

We saw the lights tonigt t at 2 Parks in town with displays that was fun.

I am miffed at h. That I have to wait until the first to get food. Sigh oh well we have plenty of food to eat it is just an extra trip to the store. We had to take the car as it had. Not been used so I did not get a ride in the jeep. :( that happened last week too ned to figure some thing else out.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:22 am

Finished the sermon. It is all about the different definitions of the word Wait. I was able to relate 8 of them to the idea of Advent and then ask them to ponder which of the 8 they'll be doing this season.

I'm off to bed now. Ds left almost an hour ago. I had folded all his clothes so he picked out things to wear for tonight and tomorrow morning (he's going to the gym after work and before sleep) and was able to give him some clementine oranges to take for a snack at work.

See you tomorrow. But not very early tomorrow!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:26 am

Hello, Everybody!

This is the first chance I've gotten to post today. I've been busy doing other things, walked 90 minutes, did 2 LOL, light housework, talked to DD on the phone for 1 hour, wrote 1 letter, and worked today. I'll be working tomorrow, too, but enjoy taking Sunday's off.

The temperatures outdoors are dipping, we may get snow tonight or tomorrow night, and many places are at or above flood stage over here. We're safe where we are though.

My new Playtex 18-Hour Comfort-Strap Wire-Free most well-selling Playtex bra came in the mail today. I needed to put on my bra extender, but it fits so nicely, and now, it's like 2-bras-in-1, because without the bra extender, it'll be a smaller-around size again, when I "shrink"! It's a lovely color, a sort of dark silver-copper-type color. I like it, might get more in different colors when I find a good sale, in a store, as I hate paying S/H prices nowadays.

DH is watching a reality show called, "Gold Rush," which is on The Discovery Channel at 9 p.m. on Friday nights. It's so good! People mine for gold, the various teams compete against each other, and we get to see everybody's stories. It's such an awesome show!

Also, this a.m., we did something new-for-us, called "Binge-Watching Marathon"! :lol: 8-) We watched Episodes #6 & #7 of "The Affair," and WOW! :shock: NOW there's a new twist on things, because there's a family who smuggle DRUGS onto the Island and sell them! :o :roll: :? :evil: Then, we're getting closer and closer to a murder! :shock: Now I know who gets murdered, which is FUN to know, because he is BAD-BAD-BAD! :evil: :!: :x On Sunday, the regular night/time, we watch "CSI" on CBS at 10 p.m. so we watch, "The Affair," during the week, when I'm not busy with work, and have enough time to want to sit in place for an hour! :lol:

I cannot believe it's the last Friday in November tonight! Wow! MONDAY'S THE FIRST DAY IN DECEMBER!!!!! :shock: Soon, it'll be AFTER Christmas and it'll be New Year's Eve, people will be making their resolutions OR resolutions to NOT make them, and a whole new year will be upon the thresholds of the calendars! :shock: :mrgreen: My goals are written in my Home Journal, but I want to transfer them onto my 2015 Day Planner book AND my emails calendar reminders, too. :idea: And they're attainable ones, to work on throughout the year, until 12-31-15. :mrgreen:

Have a Gr8 night and a wonderful weekend, too, Everybody! I thought about you today! Just didn't make it here until tonight.
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Return to “Post When You Can”