Tea Time Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tea Time Tuesday

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Dd picked up dgd. Lunch is done. Last load for now is in the dryer now. Kids had fun playing. Hens seem fine.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:31 pm

In our hotel now, waiting on laundry. Have done nothing today, in effect.

We didn't get to breakfast until 9:45 and didn't leave the hotel until 11:10. Had I known it was going to be so late, I would have done laundry there but it wasn't until breakfast that I realized my mistake.

It is a gorgeous day but there was absolutely no place near the highway to have a nice walk and picnic lunch so we ate in the car. (Remember we left 2 hours later than usual and still had laundry to do when we arrived here.)

We did stop in the big 'city' and found sandals (for $40) that are crap but will do if dh's break further. In the meantime, he's cut off the broken bit and can make do. If his sandals don't break further, I'm returning the crap ones when we get home. We did try a good sports store and an excellent shoe store but neither had his size. That was a further delay of over an hour and since dh absolutely hates shopping and couldn't figure out why I made him buy a pair, he was in a mood. Since I was 2 hours late for my lunch, I was in a mood too. And am in a mood now because there is no where decent to eat in this town so it will be Tim Horton's for dinner. And we have to drive there because I can't manage the hills and the narrow roads - no sidewalks.

Tomorrow will be a long day. The ferry takes 6 - 8 hours. It also has very limited food options so I'm not sure what to do about that. Do I trust it will be as good as it was on the way over (different ship and no buffet) or go back to Tim's before the ferry lineup and get lunch for myself at least. In theory we arrive at dinner time but only if the crossing takes the 6 hours. There's no weather reason it shouldn't.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Good morning to the village! I was up on the late side this morning and I'm trying to get up to speed.

PODA for today:
-remind dmom about podiatrist appt tomorrow
-groceries
-temple exec comm meeting at 5:30
-desk day - I need to get my desk cleaned up, paper taken care of, et al.
-what else?

Right now I need to get moving....
-refill meds containers and take a.m. meds
-reboot laundry
-s2s
-make the bed

Oy....never got this posted this morning....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Hello to everyone!!!
I am moving a little faster today, for a change.

Breakfast, Bible reading, vitamins... walked 2 miles outdoors... two loads of laundry done... will put the third load in when I get ready to s2s.

Called the jewelry store for advice on cleaning a pearl necklace that I can't seem to keep clean. It's the kind that became popular with the movie Tin Cup -- pearls are separated by about an inch of string. It is very hard for me to keep that (white) string clean! Jewelry store recommended washing in mild dish detergent, rinsing, and hanging to dry.

Spent a lot of walking time in prayer, trying to "let go and let God" re: so many things on my mind... dmom's health, dgs/potty training/differing philosophies on various things w/ddil, dh being difficult, division of personal items from dinlaws w/dbil tomorrow... so many things that I can't do a single thing about...

Dmom is waiting on cable/internet man today, Dee... good gracious I hope she has a better experience than you have! That is ridiculous!
Hope Mr. Dee enjoys the fair!

Kathryn, you are on vacation! You are supposed to do nothing!

Glad you got your donations taken care of, Nancy. So sorry about the fires!

LOL @ Harriet's instructions re: tea time and painting!

Elizabeth -- in all matters unrelated to animals and exes, that friend must be a total SAINT, b/c I do NOT see how you deal with all this * stuff * related to visiting her. I think I would make sure all visits took place at neutral sites. I just could not deal with all that aggravation.

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Hello Dear Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. With Dbrother still in his cast, he needs more assistance with things. Had an appointment last Wednesday for x-ray and possibly getting the cast off. But after arriving on time and sitting for 20 minutes the nurse came out and said their x-ray machine was broken so they couldn't help us. I wished they had called us before we headed in.

After not hearing from them for the rest of the week, I called yesterday and they are getting a new machine but it hasn't been set up yet. Made an appointment for Thursday morning for x-ray and possibly getting the cast off again. Will call first this time before heading in. In the meantime dbrother is so sick of his cast.

The weather has cooled here a bit. Temps in the 90's through the day but it is humid.

Wedding plans keep falling into place. Dson19 is the best man and has looked into using a side room to a favorite restaurant for a mild bachelor party.

My surgery is less than a month away, so getting myself prepared mentally for it and thinking of things that need to get done prior to this. I'm a bit down about it too. Know I'll be recovering from it, won't be able to do much. Trying to pick out things for the DVR to record that I can watch during that time.

DH's work picked up a bit too. Glad for that.

Great day to all!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi again! I am making headway on a query and report at payroll. I got some financial stuff done over lunch. I made a doctor's appointment so I can get meds refilled. I had a choice between Thursday, with only one time available, and mid-September, I took the former. Unfortunately, that will be too soon for the stitches to come out, so I will have to see a nurse next week.

lucylee: R is definitely not a saint. Of course, neither am I. I would love to meet someplace neutral, but she won't do it. Everyone has to come to her house, preferably on the patio. Except me, I am forbidden to enter her yard when the chickens are out, because I said if I were attacked again, I would defend myself to the point of killing the attacker. I don't like to be there when the chickens are in the coop either, because I am tired of scrubbing my shoes and changing out shoelaces. Her rationale is that she saves money by not eating out. It doesn't work very well, because she is a spendthrift in every other aspect of her life. The past two times I have been there, I have been on a cat peed sofa, so I will sit at the kitchen table. The cats get on the table, but don't do anything other than sleep there. I wish we could go back to the way things were. I wish I had more friends so it didn't matter if I lost one.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Love your words on internet service, Harriet! :lol:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Back from dinner.

I'm still recovering from the delays in being fed. My blood sugar dropped to the point of near-tears and headache as well as the narrowing vision. Just after 6:15 we walked to the pizza place but it turns out they had moved and Google still showed the old AND the new location. Had to walk back to the hotel (up a steep hill) and then take the car so didn't get my order until 7:30. I asked if sit-down would be slower than take-out and she assured me it would be the same but we waited 5 minutes or more for the order to be taken. No salad bar, only grilled bread (which I didn't have) and I only ordered a 9" thin crust so it wasn't enough food by the time it did come. Ended up having dessert but have brought 1/2 back with me to have for lunch/snack tomorrow on the ferry.

Having licorice tea now to help settle the high-fat dinner.

Return to “Post When You Can”