Tuesday Take Five (by 5:00)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Take Five (by 5:00)

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Just about bed time. My step total for today is only 6,900 but so much more than I've been doing. If I'd been able to go back out for one more stroll I could have made it. At least I've been challenged and am working toward a goal of at least of 8,000.

Have a perm appointment tomorrow so hope to get some steps in between shopping and home.

Made skinny soup for dinner. Dh just loved it. Will try to make it once in a while between now and the end of the season.

Harmony, sounded like you had a good report. I go to my surgeon on Tuesday. Got that statement of denial of coverage for dh's eye exam. I'm concerned about how much that bill is going to be. I called the eye center today and asked if they knew why it had been denied. I think it's because it was less than 1 year between exams! Last year it was August 11th and this was August 10th. They obviously shouldn't have made it until the 1 year had passed -I feel they should have been more aware of that than we. So I immediately asked when his appointment is for next year -August 8th! so I changed it to August 15th. He'll just have to forget about always making his appointment for Mondays.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:54 pm

I swept and mopped the hall kit. & dining room. Got the dust bunnies out from under china hutch.
I ordered 2 weavings books b day gift for me to me from me!
Got called on inturrupting at knitting class today sheesh but I had not used up my quota of a.m. words yet! LOL!
Off to walk! Done. A breeze cleared air out somewhat made it nice for a walk & saw 2 does with fawns! Making it extra special. :mrgreen:
Finished a knitting a hat today.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Done:
- dinner has been made, eaten, and cleaned up
- did my hour of filling out forms, online and paper, so dd17 can register for school tomorrow morning. :roll:
- bagged Pepper's foot and took her outside. I was bent over, trying to get the bag on her foot when Maia came up and just stuck her head on mine, since my head was down at her exact height. It was very endearing - but I couldn't see a thing with her head plastered to mine, and it was clear she wasn't moving.. ..

I'm glad it is working out for dd17, Harriet! The email conversation today between dd17 and her counselor has revealed that it just isn't possible for dd17 to take humanities, even if she drops down in some of her other classes. It conflicts with her portfolio class and band, both of which are non-negotiables for dd17. However, dd17 is happy with AP Engl. Lit (she was wondering if she could take it plus humanities last spring) - and thinks she may have the same teacher she had for her AP English class (Language?) last year since the counselor said something about a new English teacher teaching this class. . If it is the same teacher, dd17 is really excited. She was an excellent teacher! And dd17 knows she was hired over the summer after being a long-term sub most of last year. (This is the teacher for whom dd17 wrote a letter of recommendation to the school last spring b/c she felt so strongly about her. And this teacher is going to be writing a letter of rec. for dd17's college apps.) Dd17 has no idea which other class she got put into (humanities takes 2 hours/day) but will find out tomorrow. It may be a fluff class, which would be OK. She has already asked friends re: summer homework for the Engl. class, so she'll be figuring that out soon.

OK, I'm going to update laundry and then go to bed. Dfriend B will be here at 9 a.m. to walk tomorrow. Then, I have a meeting at work at 1 pm.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:15 am

Well, I don't know if I actually completed 5x5, but looks like I got 12x12!
I'm not going to edit again, on my earlier post, but I finally have clean sheets on the bed and all thd laundry is either put away of hanging to dry!

This has been a very good day. Let's see if I can string two together, LOL!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”