Successful Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Successful Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:26 pm

DMIL visit didn't last very long. She is always so considerate of others and doesn't want to impose. She brought sliced ham, freshly made deviled eggs and a container of homemade peanut brittle......SUGAR ALERT! We had no need for the food, but cooking is her love language to others, so it was welcomed and treasured.

Next up -
** sit
** nap
** watch something mindless
** chill
** get bored.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Ended up with a massive change of schedule.

We are not at the derby bout. We also went back to the big orange hardware store and asked if we could buy the floor model of the natural gas BBQ that we wanted and they said yes. Dh and I brought it home and it was hooked up within moments, He turned it on and let it burn for almost an hour to get rid of anything on the grills, like solvents and cleaners etc. We have already pulled out pork ribs for tomorrow night. We are having Chinese tonight.

Early this afternoon dh told me I should go have a nap as I looked tired. I slept for almost 6 hours. :shock:

So.... if anyone is around later tonight, I will probably be lurking. We are going to be playing Scrabble after we eat.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:20 pm

I did a couple more rounds cleaning the floor of the chicken run after walking ddog in th field. Folded and started more laundry, glad dinner is in the oven as well. Had a few tears bc of my aches & pains and hormones, ddog jumped up in my lap to help console me that helped. :mrgreen: Chickens are in for the nite and dog is in the back yd now. Time to check on dinner. Thank for listening.

Got an alert for a low just as I was pulling dinner out of th e oven it was too hot to eat it had a mini cupcake they were in the freezer. Had dessert first. Dishes are done now. Counters could use more work but I am resting my knee now.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:44 pm

Motivation remained missing all evening too.

Ate a healthy dinner.

Still haven't washed up dishes though. Will do that next.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:35 pm

I have enjoyed a calm, slow paced evening. DDIL called to chat. She told us that DSon spoke in front of 6000 people this past week. Including having to wear makeup. :) DSon never tells anyone about any accomplishment or award he receives, so we would never know if DDIL didn't mention it. It is nice to know a child (no matter what age) is successful in their chosen work. I know I just referred to our 42 year old son as a child.....but I'm his Mom so he will always be my child. LOL
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:41 pm

((Nancy)) BTDT with aches pains and hormones. I feel like that could be said to the Wizard of Oz tempo for "Lions and Tigers and Bears". That is sweet of the dog.

Congratulations to your son, LadyM.

I napped and went back for the second round of baby sitting so that ds could get the camper situated as he wanted. So amusing to look from the house where I was working out to the camper parallel to the house where he was working. Was taught about frozen yogurt single-serve thingies by a 4-year-old. Did not have this knowledge. Taught 4-year-old the name of the Magic Schoolbus teacher Ms. Frizzle - much appreciated. Held squirming baby, put down, picked up, put down, picked up, down, up, down, up, etc.

Afterward, ds and I had a rather serious religion and church talk, specifically about his reasons for not enjoying our church services, plus understanding why we haven't been able to keep some younger couples. That was a good talk.

Ddil arrived home from work after picking up a space heater. Looks like they have the situation in hand. So I came home.

Did nothing about my hair, so I'll just have to get up early tomorrow.

Lots of papers ready to go, some copying to do in the morning at church, etc. I believe I have everything ready to walk out the door.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:59 pm

Have put the paperwork tidying project on the back burner for now. Refugee stuff is heating up.

Got an email from the community group who wants to pair with us. The couple we are hoping to bring over are from a small town near Aleppo. R's parents have made it out to Germany but W's parents were refusing to leave no matter what. That changed this week with the new offense there, and they are on their way to the border. There is literally no place for R & W to return to, their town is gone.

In the meantime, we were vaguely aware the W had a cousin who wanted out with his family. The six of them have made it to Saudi Arabia and want us to consider bringing them as well. That would mean we are now looking at bringing 8 people over, instead of 2. And the possibility of the W's parents applying later.

As a result, the paperwork tidying will just have to wait. I have to get up to speed on the application process and block out my time.

Before the email came in I was working on service planning (didn't get either service done today) and will make that the priority for the remainder of the weekend. I have church in the city in the morning but that is just a 2 hour total commitment, unlike my usual all-day Sundays so I will get right back to work after church.

Edited to add: unlike Cathy I didn't have a nap today so shouldn't be up so late but I wanted to accomplish at least something. The first draft of the first service I have to do is together and I think the bulletin is ready to go as well.

Now to get to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”