Sunday Surprises

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Sunday Surprises

Postby Sunny » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi Everyone! So far we've had no surprises today. I'd like it to stay like that. It is sunny here today, temp. was in the 40s last night, but is now 55*. Also it is very windy and supposed to be like this through Tuesday.

Dh had a RX refill to pick up at the drugstore so I gave him a short list of groceries to get while he was out. He said that the store was very crowded with people and their shopping carts were loaded! Routines are done for the day. We probably will watch the super bowl, but I'm not rooting for one team over another.

I did talk with ds#2 this morning when he called. There will be no company here today as dfam#2 cannot come. Dgd14 has a musical event and then practice for something different afterward this afternoon and ds has yard work to do. I also got to talk with dgd18-H yesterday when she called us. It was good to hear her voice and catch up on all her news. 8-)

Wishing everyone a good day......I'm going back to relaxing!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:29 pm

45 minite nap was n-i-c-e. I need to take them regularly especially when I don't get my 7 hrs of sleep at night.

LO wanted to ride his bike instead of scooter so we changet locations. I walked on the road and he rode his bike. We practiced pulling off the road when a car comes. During our 45 minute walk we meet 4 cars on the road so it isn't a busy street.

We have lost Internet. We do have electricity but the power company sent a txt saying it would be restored by 6pm. I guess some people power in this area is out. Hopefully when the power outage is fixed the Internet will be restored.

Next up-
* LO room stuff gathered up and put into tub for storage. I need to do a better job teaching him to keep up with his stuff. Until he can manage all of his stuff it will not be available to him.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:20 pm

Had BBQ ribs with white rice and corn for dinner. Dh was very surprised with the fruit "salad" I made him for dessert.

Now we have a fire going in the fireplace and some football game on tv.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Enjoyed my dinner. Had a nap before for a few hours.

Haven't accomplished anything else today. Forgot it was Superbowl Sunday, that would have made a better title for today but Surprise! I don't follow football!

I have the game on now just for pop culture reasons, not because I actually care. Don't even know which color uniform goes with which team. Sorry.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 pm

The game is on here, but no one is staying in front of the tv for long periods. Enjoyed the huge introduction of MVPs year-over-year from the history. That was kinda cool because many times, as soon as I heard a first name I could quickly announce the last name along with the announcer. Was trying to impress dd, but I don't think she got the significance of how old I would have to be to be able to DO that. Noticed the few boos during that. Some of the commercials are poorly thought out. Or maybe over-thought uselessly.

Even though I set my alarm for 5:50 a.m., I barely managed to get my hair about half-curled this morning. Morning showers just make for tough hair days when you really want to air-dry, and breakfast is rushed.

We had an extremely difficult psalm to learn in about 10 minutes this a.m. Dd and I toughed it out but bass singer and pianist were both vocal that this is a bad idea to have only one practice. Psalms can have very difficult tunes. This one had many oddities of tempo, and also some wording that was tongue-twisting.

I got all my copies made including large print and so feel that that was a "finish" of getting info into everyone's hands the best I possibly could. I can relax a little.

I really want a better week this week. I want to have a healthier week, for instance. This past week was too stressful.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Spent the evening talking on the phone with ds. He helped me convert a mac .pages file to something I could open. I asked the person who sent it out to do the conversion (easy for him, just save as a different file format) but he didn't understand what I was asking so I had to download an app to add to my computer, upload the file to Google docs, do the conversion, download the file back onto my computer and send it out to the others as they started saying they couldn't open the file either.

He had an OK time in Mexico but the resort wasn't as nice as last year's in Bahamas and they didn't do lemon-lime bitters (his one drink) and the dress code was chest covered and bathing suit not wet. For ds, who took 2 suits with him for the trip since there were many 'upscale' restaurants in the resort, this was frustrating. He wore his suit the first night to the steakhouse and was uncomfortable being overdressed compared to the guy at the next table in cut-off shorts and a wife-beater. For the rest of the time he just wore dress pants and a black shirt and still wondered if people thought he was stuck-up. He was disappointed since he'd bought a new suit to wear and never had a chance.

He's coming over tomorrow to do laundry. But he'll be gone by mid-afternoon because he has a shift.

I have school tomorrow night. Still have no meal planned for myself. It is about time for something like chicken pieces and roast potato.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Post and run; we are home from the weekend bat mitzvah. We had a wonderful time - such a welcoming family - and the services and events were so nice. We didn't get to bed until around 1 am last night, then we were up at 7 to pack and to get to 8:30 family brunch.

Dh is asleep in front of TV, I'm trying to stay up to see how it ends. Payton Manning is big around here, of course.

Will CUOP tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:09 am

Well, I guess we were surprised that Cam didn't do better in the ballgame. Denver defense was just too good, I guess. Maybe Cam will get another shot at it.

Christening went well. Except when dgs had a very messy sneeze, coming back up the aisle to our seats, and started screaming he needed a Kleenex! Oh my goodness. Otherwise all was well. We took him home though (to our house) immediately after the ceremony, and ds and ddil came and got him when church was over.

Also... I am terrified that I exposed an elderly church friend to this crud I have. :shock: :oops: I shouldn't have even spoke to him, but I always do, during the "greeting" time at church, so I didn't want to ignore him this morning... and I went over to speak to him... and before I thought, he had his hand out and I shook his hand. :oops: :roll: Now I feel like Typhoid Mary. * sheesh * I will definitely be praying for his good health this week.
DDIL thinks dgs has RSV -- found out that someone in the nursery last Sunday went to the hospital w/106 temp this week. (More :roll: ) So that is probably where I picked up the crud I have. Even though I tested positive for strep, I have not had a sore throat enough to mention, and chest congestion/stuffy nose are the biggest problems I have.

OH -- and NOT a surprise to anyone -- dmom called me this morning about half an hour before my alarm went off, wanted to know if everyone was able to attend this event except her... I said YES, we were NOT putting it off, ds cannot be here on Sunday again for the foreseeable future. She said, "Well, I am sorry, but I feel like I could throw up my toenails -- I'm not throwing up, but I feel like I need to. But if you rescheduled, the same thing could happen then, too. So just take lots of pictures."
* sheesh * AS IF I would reschedule ANYTHING at this point, depending on her attendance. :?: :?: :?:
Good grief.
DH says she won't make it to the colonoscopy Wed. That will be fine with me; it's going to be freezing cold that morning and I don't want to go anyway. * sheesh *

DH and I went to Wmart after the ballgame, and I am about ready to call it a night. I don't think I am running any fever, and the doctor said I should not be contagious after 24 hours on meds, (I guess that is only for the strep, though, not whatever upper respiratory virus I might have), but I am just TIRED, (even though I slept all afternoon) and I have now lost my voice, too.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:00 am

I am surprized how quickly the other part of cleaning the chicken run went. I didn't go anywhere did not want to share this bug w any one. I spent a plot of time spinning and plying yam. Got a lot done but still have a half bag otf this batch to spin up and another bag as well hoping to get to it this week.

Return to “Post When You Can”