Busy Friday Finish

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Busy Friday Finish

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 pm

How cool d Cathy!

Time for s2s and head out for dh's appointment

Dining floor and front room floor vacuumed and hand washed
So Much to be done re cleaning - added to next week on those room days wash trim and trim on windows
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:14 pm

My hair has been henna'd and it looks good. The powder is hard to come by so I've been scrimping lately, only using a half package. Using a full package made a huge difference. I found three boxes last time I was out, from now on I'll keep an eye out and buy it even if I have some in the cupboard.

I might also toss the half box of Gold Brown which had the effect of turning my hair (both the grey and the brown) quite red. That was a surprise and I'm not prepared to repeat that experience! This is the first time since then (July) that the wheat blonde henna didn't add a lot of red to my hair so I'm guessing the Gold Brown has finally worn away from my hair.

I picked up yesterday's mail and visited in the lobby for a while with the alarm people. They are doing a major test on Tuesday. We'll have to leave home if at all possible for the day. Or at least I will since I'm the one who is easily distracted by such stuff. It is the speakers being tested so they play music through the system all day long. We were discussing music options. Last year the country music was awful so it was swapped for classical but he said that doesn't work as well since the highs and lows in the music make it hard for him to tell if a speaker is working properly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Hello, villagers ~
I finished 2 big reports yesterday and took them to the post office on my way to work last night. That was my Thursday triumph. Hopefully they will result in lots of $$ for the library.

The library was pretty quiet last night, as there were several school sporting events going on in the area that kept our Thursday night regulars away. I have an ongoing project that I pull out whenever there are no patrons to help, so I had plenty to keep me busy.

I'm waiting for my lunch to finish heating and I'll watch a tv show while I eat. Then I want to cut out a knit top to sew.

The weather is warm but the wind is very strong. I can hear it howling around the house and it's spooking the cat.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Did a short walk with the dang dog. TotN is still here and still has the sniffles I was sneezing today could be allergies. Maple tree is in bloom. Picked up some stuff in the yard. Neighbor sa7dnthey ate going to put tneir house on the mkt. Next mo. Sigh so I suppose I need to get the back yard in shape. Talk about a motivator! LOL!

It was one of th e new hens dang!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Bookie said:
The weather is warm but the wind is very strong.
Yes, same here in the SE. High almost 70 but the wind whipping around.

I've been out of the house what seems like all day. I was home for awhile in between the morning trip out and afternoon trip but neighborhood had a suspicious character who came onto our porch looking around. He backed off when dd and dcleaning lady opened the door to see what he was up to, and he saw the big barking dog. Anyway, reported to the police who came and did report. Nothing taken or damaged. Another neighbor had reported to police before dd called me and I call the police.

Visited dmom and went to Wal mart with dd. I'm heading down the street in a minute for doggie play date.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Our wind is crazy here too
Our temps were 63 but now 47 degrees

Dh had his appointment that apparently was longer than expected- I feel for him :( he is pretty brave

Going out to dinner w dmom and dd younger but have some work

I have decided to add a dusting day of the whole house for next - week - I am rather tired dusting only the room I'm working in - so it's in my calendar for next Friday

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:39 pm

When I dressed this morning, I put my mp3 player down my shirt and looped my earphones over my neck from the back. Then did nothing all day so didn't use them.

Went to put them on just now to listen while I worked on the garbage and recycle. It had turned on in my pocket and the battery is dead. Sigh...

I have cleaned the old vaporizer (that was a job since involves screws) and the humidifier (not as much work.) Everything was soaked in vinegar and then reassembled. I've hooked up the second vaporizer we bought yesterday and tested it. It is about the same noise level as the first one (gurgling noises but no fan) so that's quieter than the cool-mist humidifier. I'll try it tonight in the bedroom and see what happens. I note from Amazon that the RH should be at least 40%, not the 30% I've been shooting for. At that level, it kills flu and cold bugs, something I found counter-intuitive (I thought dryer would be better, although I knew a moist nose would protect me from inhaling bugs.)

I also ran the dishwasher. Fish for dinner is defrosting now.

At this point, that is the sum total of my productivity this afternoon. And the morning was just my hair coloring and cooking two eggs for Sunday's lunch.

I'll go back to the task I thought I'd do while listening to a podcast - gathering up the garbage and recycle and taking them downstairs. While there, I'll pick up today's mail.

Dh was looking at the weather radar and it looks like the storm will miss us. It comes straight towards the city, splits into two and then rejoins on the east side of the city! It is fun to watch the radar animation.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Wishing u all a good evening

Spoke to dear friend whom I think - in my gut- that he and his wife are thinking of moving back to Ireland before their son hits kindergarten- whatever it is I will b happy for them - :D

Vacuumed garage stairs - vacuumed family room - I'm finally washing my whites

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:30 pm

TotN just left still she is dealing w sniffles after two and a half weeks. Ack! 3 hens will be leaving Sat. H brought home take out for dinner yum, finished the walk between stormy gusts. Dog is out of dog house now. :mrgreen:
Picked up the back yard a bit more, one of the newer roses I put in last fall is looking great. :mrgreen:

Watching Ken Burns "War" on net flicks.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:08 pm

I'm rewarding myself with CUOP.

I've been on the go all day. I am thrilled the aches and pains in my body are decreasing and I am able to move & walk without pain (most of the time). I'm going to hit over 10k steps today. It has been a while since I could walk that much without hurting.

The weather here was in mid 80's, bright sunshine with gentle breeze. I moved most of the plants outside today. I'm sure I will have to carry all those pot and trays of plants back inside, but for the next few days the weather is going to be beautiful.

I ate lunch with LO at school. I had low expectation but was pleasantly surprised. Besides the hamburger & FF served to everyone they had an awesome salad bar. Considering the quality and amount of food the price was ridiculously low ($3.10 for adult). LO lunch cost $1.75

I spent 5 hours volunteering at LO school today. I continue to be extremely pleased with the atmosphere and staff. I told DH it flows like a well oiled machine. Everything I have seen has an organized system and the children know what to do.

SKPPABLE - Just reminiscing about how having an organized system makes things simple.
The school has one library staffed with one person to serve the 14 grades. I don't know how the upper 6 grades work, but each child in the lower 8 grades visits the library everyday to return and check out books. Each class sends 1-2 students at a time to the library. It is a constant stream of children entering and exiting the library. It fascinates me to watch how they know exactly what to do. Even the little PreSchool students do it well. A child enters library to turn book in, go to the shelf containing books rated at their assigned reading level and select 2 more books then take them to be scanned and exit the library. It is common for a child to accomplish this in just a couple minutes.

After finishing up at school I drove 1.5 hours to pick up DGD4 from her daycare then turned vehicle around and drove 1.5 hours back. It was 99.9% interstate driving so the miles went by fast (75mph). Thankfully I missed most of the rush hour traffic. There was one stretch of 8 lanes sitting at a standstill bumper to bumper but it only lasted a couple minutes and traffic returned to normal.

Finding DGD4 at daycare was simple. Of the 50 or so children, DGD4 was the only child with blonde hair. Everyone else had dark hair. When DGD4 saw me she took off running and launched herself into the air. Thankfully I was able to catch her and remain standing. She hugged my neck tight and held on until I undid her arms. That delight and hug made the 3 hours of driving worth it.

Tomorrow starts my new walking regime. I am implementing a system to daily walking instead of just focusing on step goal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”