Treadmill Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Treadmill Tuesday

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:38 am

2 day trying to decide if I need to stay home or go to knittng group. It is cold out 27* when I got up o ly 2 degrees warmer. Br-r. Knee is only a tiny bit better may need to stay off it amap. Had to use a cane yesterday.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:58 pm

One hour of transcription DONE! That got rid of half a days worth of notes, or about 5 pages. There are 3 more days of that class, 1.5 days left of another class, plus yet ANOTHER class to finish (not sure how many days left here). There are also several meetings to transcribe, with about 3 pages each. How did I get so behind???

I have discovered that if you hide the timer software I am using, it looks like you have turned it off. However, it is running invisibly in the background. Next up, I will take a tea break and look into some data sources. The timer method worked so well, I may use it again.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:03 pm

I couldn't decide if I should stay and go so I stayed and did the vacuuming, floor mopping and cleaned the bathrooms. Also emptied the shredder. Listening to my podcasts while working made the annoying sound easier to handle.

The carpet underlay is being laid in the hall at the same time. So there are other noises today as well.

FedEx arrived so we can leave now whenever we want to pick up the boys.

The music is off now so I'm going to have lunch in peace.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Weeklies done so far

Surface wipe fronts of cabinets
Ross stuff from fridge surface wiped too
Vacuumed floor in kitchen and washed
Cleaned the three doors in kitchen- 2 French and one solid
Stove area cleaned counters thee too
Front of microwave cleaned
Appliance fronts still look good
Washed wall corner above stove - it seems to get dirty all the time

Next weeks focus- I think - is the kitchen so I put heavy duty stuff there - dh has agreed to help

We have to leave soon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

helia

Postby helia » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:10 pm

- 1 lol washed and dried
- all necessary emails re: details of possibly joining dh have been sent. Only one has come back; my supervisor is very gracious and says it is absolutely fine for me to ask for another day off. I'm already taking 2 days off next week to travel to Austin, TX.
- other odds and ends done: s2s and self care, 3 letters got in the mail on time, lunch, bfast, QT, lists made, attendance sheet updated and printed out.
- moms group teaching progress for almost 2 hours; I've gotten into the zone. I've gotten introductory concepts and closing concepts down. I'm struggling a little with the Qs, which is often the easiest part for me. It's time to take a break.

I'm going for a jog next! I'm going to enjoy this gorgeous sunny day before the storm, however bad it is or isn't, hits tomorrow.
Last edited by helia on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Hello Dear Ladies,

After 70 degree weather for several days it is now in the 40's and raining. Feels really chilly.

I'm thinking of this year as a year of transition. There will most likely be several years of transition but I'll take it a year at a time for now. Got to babysit the two little boys a couple of times. DH seems to really enjoy being with little ones again. The one boy turned 3 a few weeks ago and they had a party for him at one the restaurants so everyone could come. With blended family there is a lot of people involved. Lots of grandparents. I introduced myself to the fiance of the father of the boys. figure she's on the outskirts of this group too. We hit it off well.

Dbrother is doing ok. His collarbone healed ok. Now he has a sinus and ear infection. I still get up with him in the night and balance is an issue sometimes. Most of the time he's fine but I just don't want him falling again.

DH's work has picked up quite a bit and I am thankful for that. Just wish the money from them would flow in a bit better. Seems like there is always some big job we are scrimping to finance and then waiting for it to pay, meantime there is another big job appearing and having to scrimp to put that one together.

The house needs attention as always, one of these days I'll get my act together.

Off to work in the kitchen.

Waving to all!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:26 pm

I fetched in a bucket I left out by the chicken run ddog found a ball that belongs to neighbor kids hucked it back over the fence.

Watching Maths on net flicks interesting travels in this show watching dye pots in India example now. :mrgreen:
Got the dishes rinsed from cooking yesterday.
8-) lovely sunny day here up to 39* yea!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:34 pm

The off-gassing from the carpet/underlay is making me feel sick. All I want to do is lie down and put a cold cloth over my eyes. Unfortunately, the only place it doesn't smell strongly is in the kitchen. Which has tile floor so not comfortable to lie on!

I had a nice lunch and washed up all the dishes. Having a cup of tea now to try and revive myself. If that doesn't work, I'll take an advil.

Added: I've been eating "high on the hog" (as my dad used to say) today and just finished filling in the food diary. Figured I'd be over my calories for the day but am surprised to see I still have some. I'll be over by the end of the day (after all, I have to eat dinner) but I am interested to see that I have barely hit 1000 calories so far today. On the other hand, fat as percentage of calories is way up there. Dinner (which is at a rotisserie dinner place) will be low fat so that might balance out by the end of the day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Grrrr... my treadmill just hit a roadblock. Well, really, I guess it got a charge of energy (although I don't FEEL any energy) --
I guess I have been on a treadmill of doing nothing for the last few weeks, while I've been battling this cough and congestion. I've really gotten extra lazy, even for me, and I haven't exercised or anything. :oops:
Well... today all that lying around watching The Waltons, acting like my dmom, has to come to a screeching halt!

DH's cousin called this morning and asked if he and his wife could come spend the night with us Thursday. They have a funeral to attend (on the other side of their family). Of course dh told them to come on, and added that his brother could come too if he wanted to, b/c we now have two extra double beds. So... yes... we will have three houseguests for at least one night, don't know if they will leave Friday or not. :?

Last week was guest room zone and this week is baby room zone, but I have done NOTHING in either of them, so trying to play catch up today.
Guest room looks like a lamp store... wallpaper is still peeling off in the guest bath... * sigh *
Had to go to hardware store and buy new flusher for the guest bath toliet... went to Wmart and bought new pillows for both beds b/c the pillow situation had gotten so bad...
Also so far today, I have called garbage pick up (b/c they missed us yesterday) * and they've already sent people to pick up * That was a nice surprise!
Also got the oil changed in the car -- going back to college town tomorrow -- and went to the post office. Talked to ds on phone. Talked to dmom on phone.
Washed the guest bath shower curtain.
Talked to dfriend's father, who called to check on dmom. They go to church together. (Well, they WOULD, if dmom would/could go to church.) He's married -- he's just a good friend. He and ddad used to work together, and we've been friends for over 50 years. His ex-wife was one of dmom's very best friends, but as he said, we've all kinda gone our separate ways, but his daughter and I keep in touch, and he calls periodically to check on dmom.

OH -- and dmom did NOT go to the doctor today, either. She said she tried to wash her hair, and had to stop to use the bathroom 3 times... so she just gave up and called and cancelled. She said she told the receptionist that some days are better than others, and maybe she could get in to see him on another day. She still has plans to go to the other doctor (neurologist, just a check-up) on Thursday, but we shall see, won't we? She said she told the receptionist that she didn't know what she expected family doctor to do -- stool sample showed no bacterial infection or anything like that, so she is really going to know nothing more until she has a colonoscopy and she is putting that off "until warmer weather." * shaking my head *
I just don't know what is going to become of her... Thoughts of Miss Havisham (Great Expectations) keep coming to my mind...

Better get busy. This day isn't getting any longer, is it? * sheesh * I could use another 12 hours, I think!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:43 pm

There's bittersweet, too! Happy to see you.

Return to “Post When You Can”