Sunny Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Sunny Sunday

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:37 pm

Two more obstacles... A water dunk...and very welcomed at this point I might add and a jump over a fire pit and I was done. Because we start as a team, we finish as a team, so I waited till everyone was done and we all went over the firewall together.

Many ask me why I am so crazy to do this... There are many reasons. I can't tell you the exact order of importance but for me it's about pushing myself to limits beyond my believes. However and just as important it is also about human fellowship. It renews my spirit and my belief in humanity. It's about helping others who need my help and being humble enough to accept help from others...from those I know and complete strangers. It is an adventure to learn more about myself... To see how I react when I think I can't. It's about discipline, integrity and honor. And it reminds me that I can and I will. Doesn't matter how long it takes or what it takes to get there. It's about committing to myself and finishing.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Learned my cousins dh died of a ♥attack in his sleep this weekend. Compared to that I am doing great today.

Still have not done our Valentines brunch maybe today. Need a couple of things when we get to town next time that I did not get on the last trip. My knee is better today do not need the cane as much yea, . Thinking the new shoes that are not warn down are helping. :idea:

Cathy sorry the dog did not work out.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Dining room table de- junked Sunday done

Laundry
Put away 1
Wash 1
Surface vacuumed the dining room and swiped w wet cloth
Took garbage out of car
Only 3 emails left :D
Heading out
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:56 pm

So sorry to hear! My prayers are w your cousin and her family
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello Everyone! The weather is beautiful here in central FL; very sunny and 65*. I think Kathryn and dh will welcome our sunny weather and warm temps when they arrive. I hope their flight is easy and uneventful.

Nice to see you back again Dawn! Yes, this is a very special, loving Village and I'm so grateful to be a part of it also!

((Cathy)) and dh, I am so sorry your ddog had to go back to her first home!

Nancy, I'm glad your knee keeps getting better and better! ((Hugs)) for the loss of your dcousin's dh!

RRose, Congratulations on finishing your Event!

I have just finished eating my lunch. I was able to get our a.m. routines done this morning. Still to do are several things including recording my and dh's meals in MFP, deleting emails, declutter and reorganize my purse and wallet and file store receipts in proper slots and give one ddog a bath, brush the other one. After that will be my normal Sunday afternoon R & R.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:07 pm

In Fort Lauderdale. Trip was longer than it should have been because we had almost an hour's delay getting a gate. But made up a lot of time compared to other airports, since the car rental was closer and quicker than a lot of them. Plus our suitcases were among the first 7 off the plane.

Found the hotel with only the street name and the rental car map for guidance. We are really not prepared for today!

I'm waiting to hear from my sister as to where I'm going tomorrow. She originally said she'd meet us at 4 but has moved that back to 2 and we'll go on a nature walk somewhere she's identified that is about 2 hours from each of us.

We have a Toyota Sienna so will be comfortable on the ride tomorrow. Honestly, it was the cheapest vehicle offered when I did the search through the Costco website.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Wow, Rose! You are AMAZING!!! I cannot imagine being able to do anything like that obstacle course! Congratulations!!!

Most of the Sunday stuff is done. (Except Wmart and visiting dmom.) Need to take dgs home in a little while.
Big ta-da for ddil: she and dgd made it to church this morning without ds!
Tomorrow is another day.

helia

Postby helia » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:30 pm

I see Kathryn has traveled today too! Wow, you got there fast!

I agree, RRose, you are amazing! Not just with your physical accomplishments but also your helpful spirit. If I ever did something like that, I'd want you on my team for sure!!

Hello everyone!

I'm currently sitting in the SF airport. I allowed myself plenty of time, which is different from how dh travels. I prefer my way -- but I got to my gate an hour before boarding, so now I'm just waiting. I even bought ds a T shirt before I got to my gate. (I bought the girls fun socks at an art fair yesterday.) I have a middle seat on this flight. I couldn't change it. I hope I'm sitting next to someone friendly as I'll probably need to get up 2x during the flight.

For the first time, I have my boarding pass on my iphone. It feels weird but has worked fine so far. . . .

Dh and I met for lunch yesterday. Then, while he worked yesterday afternoon, I went shopping at one of the pier shopping areas. It wasn't pier one, but it is a well known market. There was an art fair and a farmer's market around it, so I enjoyed walking around those too! I rode a cable car back to the hotel rather than walking up umpteen steep blocks. Then, I worked on my photos and got most of them transferred onto the hard drive. This project is taking hours - but is almost done now. I'm doing this to prep moving to a new laptop, which dh is anxious to do. I am too. I got this one right before we went to Australia, Nov. 2007. Dh and I went to a cozy little Italian restaurant for dinner and walked around the plaza/park across from our hotel before calling it a night.

I think dh was very happy I came out to see him. It broke up the monotony, he said. It gave him someone to talk to, also.

Norma

Postby Norma » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:36 pm

Congratulations Dear Forever Friend Rosie! I was exhausted just reading about your day :o :shock: So, I guess not getting together tonight for the best New Mexico food around these parts has to be - for now. You need your rest and I need my rest. :lol: I'm proud of ya'!
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

DawnElise

Postby DawnElise » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Ate a good breakfast.
Resting now. In my bed.
These drugs are making Me miserable.
DH is going away on business tonight thru Tuesday evening.
DS12 is sick -cold and cough, fever. DH is nursing him.
Nervous about managing without DH . I just do not know how I am going to manage without him.

Return to “Post When You Can”