Wednesday Wandering

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Wandering

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Home.

Fun ride down the parkway in the BMW with the top down.

Arrived home with milk, eggs, salad and bbq chicken, hoping that the potatoes were ready to mash.

Nope. Still no power (it is now 2 hours past the start up time.)

Debating calling a friend in another building and asking if I can use her stove.

We're sitting around doing nothing. Ds has laundry and a data transfer to do through a USB3 port (which dh has on his computer.) But dh's computer's battery has run out now and ds's drive needs external power anyway so we are all sitting around chatting.

My computer battery is still up and ds has given us a hotspot off his cell phone.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 pm

Quick hi waving as I run by
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:27 pm

K in C can U grill? Potatoes are over rated any way.

Cream is the color of the wool I have been pondering whilst I sip tea. TotN will arrive shortly.

I had folded the last liad of laundry trying to get it donne and current before the weekend. :mrgreen: EOD chore here.

I have heddles threaded the tieing on new warp worked much better with it so I may need to try it again on the table loom upstairs. Driveway is clean for side walk chalk.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:14 pm

No grilling - there are no communal bbqs and anything flammable is banned from the apartment building (i.e. I couldn't have a camp stove either because I'm not allowed to have the fuel for it.)

Power just came back on.

My bs started to drop to hangry level around 6:20 so we ate lukewarm chicken and salad for dinner. Were planning to go for a walk for ice cream after I went to the bathroom and the power came on at that moment. So I've started ds's laundry and he's about to start the data transfer. Not sure if we are going for the ice cream or not. I definitely need to eat more, only had 300 calories for dinner and it wasn't enough, I'm still hungry and cranky.

Dh seemed annoyed with me that 1) I had bought the chicken when there wasn't any power and 2) that I couldn't wait until the power came on. At that point it was 2.5 hours after it was suppose to return and when I made the meal plan it was 4:15 so the fact the power wasn't on meant nothing, it should have been on in lots of time to eat. So there were loud words since I really can't take the blame for either my ability to foresee the future or manage my blood sugar triggered emotions.

Harriet:
funny story from ds's. Had to go to the bathroom before I left there and laughingly mentioned I had to tell the SHEs about the underwear on the floor behind the door. I was thinking about the incident at your place and how I didn't really care since ds did the same thing to me all the time, and here we are almost 10 years later and he's still leaving is underwear on the floor.

He gasped and said, "There's underwear on the floor!?!" and ran to grab it. I told him I didn't care at all and he said, "But it is more laundry - what do you think, I keep clean underwear on the bathroom floor?!?" and he tossed the gathered up laundry into the basket he was bringing to my place.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:23 pm

I've worked my way through most of our tax return. I'm down to entering charitable contributions. I'm stopping for now. I got meat loaf in the oven earlier and ds and I have eaten.

I'm going to take ddog for a walk and then do rest of p.m. routine. Tomorrow is a busy day - body work at 10, lunch at synagogue with interim rabbi candidate, see mother in afternoon and stamp club tomorrow evening.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Oh, vitally important to get that last item into the laundry basket for traveling efficiency, Kathryn! :) I've just been complaining about clothes on the floor, although in dd's room, not front bathroom so much. What I hate is when, unbeknownst to the casual observer, there is a hangar underneath a clothing item. :roll:

helia, it reflects well on your teaching skill and encouragement that your students are starting to write with confidence.

Twins' Mom, you look great in your new glasses!

I sat for a while in a lawn chair, finishing a chapter in a book, and allowed the hens to roam. Gathered eggs, tossed the hens some grape-tomatoes that were past their prime.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Running way behind here. Will toss the last of the laundry into the dryer, I forgot to do so an hour ago.

Tomorrow the noise will start at 7 so if I don't rush, any hope of 8 hours of sleep will be doomed.

See you tomorrow!

Return to “Post When You Can”