TA DAH! TUESDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

TA DAH! TUESDAY!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:30 am

Let's hear about those "Ta dah!" moments today - the triumphs big and little, the things that suddenly make sense and didn't yesterday, good results on blood work (Harmony?) and all others!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: TA DAH! TUESDAY!

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:39 am

Hi!

Today is overcast, cold and bleary! So, I think the ta da for me is getting out of bed. (Just kidding!) I would like to get out of the house for a while. I got a coupon in my inbox for 60% off at a large craft store. I have always wanted an Ott light lamp that is a floor lamp. (?) Did I say that right? One that goes on the floor beside my chair. I know that it's ridiculously hard to find matching bulbs a couple of years after you buy the lamp, so if I get a lamp today, I will also get a spare bulb.

Tonight we are having burgers with the leftover veggies from last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:40 am

I'm so happy your sweet dd is safe d twins!

D Harriet glad your dd found "the dress"

D Cathy the light sounds nice!

D Lucy I understand about reminiscing- it's not sad as much as joyful remembering w missing them -

Hi everyone!

I had planned on going back to sleep but dogs had to go out
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:46 am

Today is usually kitchen weeklies but I am going to do a slip shod kitchen today and pushing my weeklies to next week. ;)

So goals today - dh eye dr appointment 2:00 - as soon as that's done head out - we should b back by 7:30pm

Pick up chicken for dd younger to make for family dinner
Towel Tuesday

Focus: d Harriet's - closets
Front hall closet
One small section of the garage

Laundry is having babies so I think I will try to address that

Have a beautiful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:56 am

I'll need lots of ta dahs today to get my house together. I just kind of collapsed last night and am getting up this morning to a lot that will need to be done to host 20 people here tonight. And party time is 6 p.m. and I need to be out of here at 7:15ish to take ddog to training tonight. It would be nice to have a looooong walk for him today but probably don't have time to get that in.

-take kitchen garbage to the garage, take garage can to the street
-breakfast
-meds/vitamins
-empty dishwasher
-clear kitchen counters from yesterday's debris
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

helia

Postby helia » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:59 am

I always appreciate TaDa days because I'm a li$t person. Thanks for the start, Twins! Will dh or dkids be able to help you today?
My laundry is having babies too, blessed. LOL! Can we give it birth control? ;)
How were the ribs in the crockpot, CathyS?

I got the evites made and sent out last night, so I completed my big goals for yesterday. Hmm..... I've just invited umpteen people to my house for a Friday evening in early June around dinner time. This doesn't include the 50 or so invitations dd17 issued via facebook. :shock: I'll ponder that reality at a later date. . . . I've gotten several RSVPs already.

TaDas!
- up on time
- checked email and web sites
- tea
- threw on clothes
- took van in to the mechanic; walked home. I think we really need to bite the bullet and replace this car this summer -- or whenever we have the time to engage in that process.

Next:
- finish bfast
- QT
- s2s and self care

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:01 am

I'm joining Blessed & DH at eye doctor appointment. Today is my yearly exam. I am going to either get better eye sight today or switch doctors. Last year they told me I had 20/25 vision however I can't see many things. Overhead street names when I'm sitting at a stop light? Nope. 90% of the time I can't read them. Overhead menu at fast food place? Can't read them. Maybe it is something to do with location of item - if it is overhead I can't see the letters well enough to make out what it says. I have no problem reading books or my smartphone screen unless the words are very tiny (under 10 pt).

LO and DGD4 are launched to school (DD took them). I'm off to walk then will immediately leave for doctor appt.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:26 am

Funny, dh has an eye appointment today too!

I suppose I should go with him to drive him home. Hadn't thought of that.

I need to get moving and get over to the stores to buy shoes and dresses. Two dresses are here to be tried on for approval from dh. Many of the dresses on hold for me at the second store look awful on the hanger but I'm assured they look better on the person. The two I have here looked wonderful on the hanger as well (enough to compel me to put them on yesterday when I had no intention of trying on things), so perhaps that's a sign I need dresses with good lines rather than bags that hope to benefit from my lines. We'll see. I have a loose budget but for perfect clothes am willing to go higher.

I'm replacing a travel knit dress from Coldwater Creek with one that is the equivalent price. I've had 9 years out of that dress and it won't be retired, it just isn't suitable for summer preaching because it is sleeveless. The second dress being replaced is exactly the same style/material as the first, but in royal purple and was bought used for $40. It is 8 years in my possession. The main problem with it is perspiration has changed the colour under the arms so it can't be worn without a blazer or shawl that is pinned in place. As well, the hem stitching has been repaired multiple times as has the neckline. It is simply wearing out. Either it was worn way more before I bought it or it wasn't quite the quality of the Coldwater Creek one.

Both are almost ankle length which offers me lots of options. I use a tight belt, cinch at the waist then pull up the dress until I hit the length I want and let the excess fall over the belt so it looks like a top and matching skirt. The black one has literally been used as a sundress on a beach to a formal dress at a dinner in the Golden Hall in Stockholm. It is all in the choice of accessories. Because of its flexibility, I'm guessing it is worn at least 20 times a year. Over 9 years that's a lot of value for the $100 I spent originally.

My body is stiff today. Not sure if it was the longer walk on Sunday or too much sitting yesterday (plus a reasonable amount of walking.) Because I'm so stiff, it is hard to get moving today.

The noise is steady now but at least there is no hint of cigarette smell now that the exhaust fans are running again.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:44 am

I am not going to yarn meeting today, split shift with totN today. I have a payment to drop off a short distance away I need to do it early in the week bc of the co. fair later in the week here. Call to make an order for some wool to spin found a sale this will be ready to spin cheaper thsn the other that needs washed and prepped. I have decided my time is valuable. :idea:

Chicks have done well with the first night w out the heat lamp, with the record or near record hi temps. This week makes that possible! :mrgreen: I weeded another flower bed out front when I took the dog out to pee yesterday making that a productive time.

I need to unload the dishwasher spiff up the counters and do laundry today.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:47 am

I'm with you, Kathryn. I am so stiff! My first ta-da will be to walk out that door for a walk (after breakfast). I kept dreaming my hips hurt and guess what -they do. I did a lot of walking Saturday and not so much Sunday & yesterday. Also have to get at least 10 pounds off before I go home (and back to the doctor.) ;) That's my goal not hers.

And Cathy,
So, I think the ta da for me is getting out of bed
That is my current ta-da for sure. I wasn't going to get up and peeked at the clock to see it was 8:58. :o So, I'm slowly getting around.

Would really like to make the bathroom shelves/vanity a big ta-da for today. But the only way I'll do that is to "begin". See quote below. ;)

Ooops! This sat here while I went out for breakfast.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”