TA DAH! TUESDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: TA DAH! TUESDAY!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:09 am

Next round here....
-start challah in breadmaker
-brush teeth, wash up, get out of pajamas
-walk the ddog (will probably go to nearby park - dfriend invited us for a longer walk which would have been perfect to wear him out for training, but took too much time today)
-clear breakfast bar counter
-check paper goods, cutlery, etc.

I love the description of the dress, Harriet, and the process!

No eye appt for me but remembering that sunglasses should be here soon. Eye doc wants to dilate my eye, hoping for a cloudy day later in the week to pick them up.

Tomorrow I take off early to go see dsis again. Care plan meeting at 12:30 there, ddog will go to doggie day care. Will be glad to see Thursday, with nothing on the schedule!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:11 am

Helia~the ribs were amazing! I just goo gled slow cooker ribs and added really thinly sliced onions at the bottom of the pot.

The sun came out and I took advantage of the natural light to sit and do some cross stitching in the library.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:35 am

Good morning! My ta da is I am wearing new pants! I found black pants and jeans yesterday and I look HOT! It was very discouraging at first, nothing looked right. Then it dawned on me - I was looking at sizes from 15 pounds ago. After getting the thyroid adjusted properly and getting back into belly dance, relaxed fit and curvy girl just look dumpy on me now. Though I looked pretty hot in those sizes last year. (Poor Elizabeth, such a self-esteem problem today :D ).

I did get to dance class, after getting my hot water heater blanket and address pages for my DayRunner. I did not get back until 9:15, so not much else got done. No webwork at all. But on the plus side - no computer jigsaws either.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out (or in) with DD14. After she leaves, I would like to get one of the web pages done. There is also a new bill that I should pay. I need to do some 15s on general cleanup in kitchen, LR, and MBR. There are also a few small tasks that I may or may not get to.

I am glad to hear that TwinsMom's DD is safe.

lucylee: Eczema can also be an inherited problem with no dietary correlation. You can ask four generations of my family!

I'm afraid if DD had a boyfriend in jail, I would have the same reaction as CathyS's father. Except that I would intercept all the letters and mail them back (unopened, of course) with instructions never to contact my daughter again. I am more realist than romantic.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:51 am

TA-DAH one: Did 120 sheets -shredded (some were multiple checks to one feed). Figure if I can do 100-200 a day, they'll be caught up (never done -kinda like dishes & laundry) by the end of the month. She says hopefully. Some are dd's as well as our own.

Now to take that one step out the door, unlock the car for my cane. Need to remember to bring it in with me. Really need it then, but forget until I get to the steps (where there is no railing. :cry: )

Texted dh to let him know his flag pole for the berm will be delivered this morning. Just talked to the gal at the company yesterday morning. Nothing like good/fast service! :D Now to make sure it's everything it's 'cracked up to be'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:15 am

Happy ta dah day again

Dee great job on shredding
Elizabeth new pants!!
Helia :D
Lady and d Kathryn's dh best of luck on eye dr appointments
Nancy enjoy ur yarn meeting
Kathryn and dee and Cathy hope u fell less stiff as the day goes on

So far ta dah is cleaning and washing front hall closet and de junking- and put away
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:28 am

TA-DAH #2: Actually went out that door and took a walk, albeit with cane. Only got in about 1,900 steps but it's a start. Had to quit as back and leg were bothering. Just one little bit at a time I guess.

Now going to rest for just a little bit and then tackle the kitchen. Have dishes in the dish drainer to put away and not an awful lot to wash. But the kitchen itself needs some LTC.

Want to make a sample bulletin so we can compare when we do it on Thursdays. Inevitably no matter how hard 2 of us look something's missing. We take it from the bulletin the Pastor sends us. This week we didn't notice that he didn't put in "Prayer Concerns". At least the Pastoral prayer, etc were listed. We also failed to put in the Mother's Day luncheon after church on May 1st. Didn't have that calendar and it didn't dawn on us that we needed to do that yet. So made a verbal announcement for people to sign up. Will be in this Sunday's bulletin. I hate it when there's a mistake or an omission, or something that shouldn't be in there. Have to be very careful as he copies from long ago bulletins and pastes and things like the Sunday School teacher have been people who were there long ago.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:53 am

Dee. maybe a checklist to consult before the bulletin is finalized?

I fully expected that dd was safe, of course, but its always reassuring to check in. With her, I go on the principle that 'no news is good news." Thank you for the good wishes - she is doing what she loves to do, I think, and I'm good with that. I've never been much of a helicopter parent, partly to offset dh's helicoptering.

Dh got up early this morning to be sure ds was up and heading to work early - he had to be there at six a.m. this morning. I worry that this isn't a good job fit for him, but it's his call. He may be having regrets already.

And Elizabeth looks smashing in those pants today! Woo hoo!

Trying to balance the "must do" things with some of the "nice to do" things.

This time: (after a big drink of water)
-shape challah to rise
-set up DR table - table cloth, centerpiece
-start a list for ds/dh for later - they can bring in extra chairs for me later
-hang the two new art pieces we bought last weekend
-pooper scoop the back yard, straighten up chairs at firepit, pick up things ddog has shredded in yard :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Dee, good job on steps. Don't feel alone in your frustration. I've typed and deleted two posts since Sunday morning telling about my disappointments. I continue to wait on input from minister - just a few, one-word answers - to complete an involved report that was supposed to be done 2 weeks ago. Many, many reminders from me in many ways, but nothing. I'm the one responsible for the report and very hard to say to others, don't ask me, ask him. Eventually, I will have to say it. But even that doesn't mean the trouble and difficulties were avoided; they will still have piled up.

Dd got her senior exit project portfolio turned in today. Thursday is her oral presentation, so we'll be listening to that around the house for a few nights I'm sure.

Today is the day land is first cleared for ds' house. This is not the full job, but just the beginning so that others can ponder the future steps.

Yes, as blessed says, time for me to turn my attention to some closets.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:04 pm

Harriet, I hate those times one is needing info from others, and hate to "throw them under the bus." Is there anyway you can finish your part and sent the rest to him to finish up?

Continuing....
-clear kitchen table and set up (deep breath! hot spot alert!)
-clear kitchen counters again
-straighten MBR up, lay out clothes to wear later
-mix up salad dressing and peel/separate clementines to go in salad
-sweep, dust front porch

And another big drink of water....need to have lunch soon too.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:34 pm

Nope no yarn meeting today too much on my plate I have TotN here longer so I would need to cut it short. Paid prop taxes, they are getting ready for the fair so more traffic than usual. On the way home stopped and walked the dog :idea: by the river that was nice. Her first experince by the river like that was fun. Made great progress on my granny square project.
Trash is at the curb. I emptied the catch bag for the mower. Allergies or what ever have kicked up again and I am coughing a bit.

Tried to wool order roving to spin but the place does not open till noon.
-Sigh- Good news it that I do I have a plan for dinner. Dishes are unloaded. Bed is made.

Return to “Post When You Can”