Wednesday Wearing Many Hats

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Wearing Many Hats

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:23 am

Good Morning!

Harmony - YGG!

Every job has the capacity to fill the time allotted to it.

Dee - So true. This is my weakness.....or maybe it is a strength now because I have learned to put time boundaries around each focus. The schools have this down to a fine art moving from one subject to another in a timely manner.

Harmony - It's true the secondary cataract surgery is not as involved as the first cataract surgery. However, having a laser removing part of my eye is not something I would opt for if it wasn't totally necessary. I do expect for it to go well and be a easy to recover from. Doc said I would only have to do a couple weeks of prescription drops after this surgery.

This morning I was pulled in several directions at the same time.
** Testing spelling words with LO while he ate breakfast.
** Listening to DGD4 tell me about Sparkles (stuffed cat)
** Listening to DGD5 on the phone tell me about see a red cardinal on the way to her school.
It was a noisy place but it all worked out

Walk with DFriends was wet because of light rain this morning. We had to jump over about a 3' running water on the track. Splish Splashing start to the day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:27 am

I'm up.

Finished the first of the 9 account reconciliations, although this one only goes to November because the account was transferred to a new account and I don't have the papers for that. Will have to go online to get those (I need them for three accounts.)

I've just finished breakfast.

Need to get s2s for the day now. That will be a slow process because my leg hurts.

I'm going to set alarm for 45/15s and see if that helps through the day.

As for number of hats, I've lost track. So far today the following hats have been worn: housekeeper, bookkeeper - home, refugee worker, rent review worker, cook, preacher.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:47 am

Hi!

So far...

Head of the Creative Department for cross stitching for almost 2 hours while the sun was shining brightly.

Head of Entertainment Department in charge of turning on the CD player with Volume Control Adjustment Department attending to lower to Daily Acceptable Levels, subsection a.m.

Kitchen Manager for seeing that the island was cleared.

Debris Control Officer for putting garbage and recycling in it's place to be dealt with tomorrow.

Refreshments Manager responsible for hydrating the entire staff of Wayne Manor. ;)

Head of the Kitchen Cleanliness Department in charge of the Dishwasher Loading Division. Only hired when there are too many dishes that could make an entire load.

IT Manager in charge of Pantry Computer. Emails checked, F B message from the Vice President of Wayne Manor received, melted over and responded to. SHEboard checked, CUOPed and interacted with.

As per discussion with Vice President last night, the Catering Department has been informed that the kitchen is closed tonight. The Transportation Department has been informed that the Vice President will be needing the F150 to transport the President to the Italian buffet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:59 am

Just set timers in my fitbit to see if that will keep me on task. Of course, I spent 20 minutes looking for my fitbit charge cable because my fitbit wouldn't sync without it.

Sigh....

So the timers are all screwed up because I was to be s2s by now. Instead, I'm still sitting at the computer

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:47 am

Ok, I s2s, started a load of laundry, and dusted until the time went off.

Got back to my computer and see that I've likely picked up a preaching gig on Mother's Day morning. I had deferred to the second person asked but she just reports she is not available. I am already preaching in the afternoon and had most of the service/sermon done but it will need reworking for a 'full church' service, plus this is a baptism. I can't do sacraments, so a chaplain is coming in to do the sacrament, and I'll write and deliver the rest of the service. The only downside is that it hits at the height of my busy time (my meeting with the accountant will be a day or two later.) The upside is that I'll get to preach at a baptism, something that should never have come up.

Kind of excited about this, but it is distracting me (in other words, I want to set aside the boring accounting stuff and work on the fun writing.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:01 pm

Good morning!!!!

D lady I love ur time boundaries around each focus

D Kathryn sorry ur leg aches feel better

D Cathy how nice cross stitching in sunshine

D helia waving hi!!! I love ur kids- such neat way of Asking dates to prom

D dee awesome on walks yesterday

D harmony and d Nancy -early risers!!!

D book so nice to see u

Hi sweet Harriet

Hi waving at dawn and anyone I missed and all to come!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:04 pm

My house is topped w clutter - how does that happen - the underneath is clean but u wouldn't know it

D Harriet's Focus of the week: closets and I added garage
Not sure if I can work here or not

Cathy I loved ur departments

Wednesday focus
Front room floor
Dining room floor
Surface dusting day

Missed some kitchen weeklies that are a must today
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:43 pm

I actually moved my cross stitch stand outside for a while just now. I turned up the music so that I could hear it outside. The closest neighbours leave their place before 7 a.m every day of the week. I don't know if all 3 of the people next door work in retail or not, but 2 of them have close to an hour's drive towards Toronto every morning. If I am disturbing any of the neighbours. I am certain they would let us know. I also tossed a couple of chunks of wood into the burn barrel because I love the smell of wood smoke. According to the fire permit I got, we can burn from sun up until 1 a.m. every day.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Good morning! My hats for today are: a crown suitable for a database queen, a dancer's headpiece, another crown for the webmistress, and a regular old hat for Elizabeth's Own Plumbing Company employees. Right now I am waiting for a very LOOOOOONG database query to complete. There's got to be a more optimized way of doing things.

Last night was Girls Night. DD14 had no homework and we ate at home. Then, she played her Pokemon video game and watched Hogan. I wonder if we should be doing more interesting things than watching an old TV show and doing games or crafts. Or is it better for her to have something she knows she can count on? Not sure. When she left, I didn't get much useful done, but I stopped myself after one computer jigsaw puzzle.

Today, I need to call the pharmacy about cat meds. Tonight is dance class, web update, and unclog the master bath drain again.

Still waiting for that blasted query to complete. Bleah.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:12 pm

I just had to print off 5 months of statements for 3 accounts. They were in pdf format so that took 30 minutes. If you recall my computer has to be wired into the printer so I've been standing in the office getting everything into the printer queue and then went down to get my drink, made lunch and ate it and finally sorted the printed statements.

Still need to finish dusting and get my laundry hung up to dry.

Dh has suggested a movie tonight so we'll go to Zootopia at 7. That will save dinner out and avoid rush hour (if we went to the 5 p.m. showing.)

I've now been officially booked for May 8. As dh says, I get the brownie points for offering the service to the other lay preacher but still get the work. Double bonus!

Return to “Post When You Can”