SENSATIONAL SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: SENSATIONAL SATURDAY

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:53 pm

Dh and I just finished dinner and I am sitting here resting. Dh took some OTC pain medication. He doesn't do that a lot, so it is an indication of how much pain he is in.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DawnElise

Postby DawnElise » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Got worn out doing dishes. Almost did all of them. We are off to friends house, now! : )

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Can't wait to hear all about the prom, Harriet!

Sooo glad to hear such good news about the new doctor, Dawn!

And glad my laziness gives you a smile, blessed! ;)

I did get the sheets in the washer, so will have to complete that task eventually. I don't think dh would like to sleep on the mattress pad...
Dgs is in the tub now. Not much of a bath bc he has sooo many raw, red patches on his skin. Ddil said as doon as they use up the milk they hzvd on hand. they are going to experiment with three weeks dairy-free and see if that helps. Dermatologist appt in 5 days....
Dgs was very pouty and whine-y when he got here. We actually threatened to take him back home!
But -- I know this itchiness has to be driving him crazy. Maybe he'll feel better after a bath and a fresh coat of lotion.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Back home from our Saturday night at the pub.

We walked home the long way to help me get steps in, but it turned out to be only a few hundred more than I expected. Not sure why. Anyway, I'm on the treadmill now.

I had under 2K steps when I left for supper, but the taxes are probably done. I have to double check everything and fully understand what was recorded for the capital gains. There's a new system in place, we sign in to the CRA and it downloads all the records it has on us into the tax software. So we just had to confirm what the government already knew, add in charity and medical plus my preaching income and I was done. As well, you don't have to enter every medical chit any more, so by adding them up in a spreadsheet and just putting in totals, that was a lot faster (for instance I had 19 physio appointments for the same amount of money but just did one entry.)

It is chilly outside so the treadmill is helping me warm up too. I didn't have gloves or a warm hat with me so my ears and hands got cold on the way home.

Dawn: you are sounding much more positive these past two days.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:31 pm

I wasn't going to post tonight, but I forgot to send greetings to Harriet's dd17!! I hope she has a really marvelous time at her prom! I bet she is beautiful in her dress. :) Does it make you sentimental or misty-eyed to see your little girl all grown up, Harriet? Or am I just being silly. I'm afraid that's how I will be, I guess. . . I'm really having a hard time with all the "lasts" here.

DawnElise, it makes me happy to hear your more happy tone. I hope the study and time out tonight is helpful and good for your entire family. ((HUGS))

You're reminded me that I need to put new sheets on our bed lucylee. WTG!

Glad you got the taxes done, Kathryn.

Dd20 came home today while I was out jogging. She still needs to move her stuff out of her dorm room, but she is home for the summer. :) Ds has a final on Thursday, but he might come home before then.

I had a really good (for me!) jog early this evening. I felt stronger than usual and it was so beautiful out. The park was really busy. I put dinner (rotisserie chicken and potatoes) in the oven before I went so we could eat shortly after I got home. Once home, I roasted some broccoli and threw together a simple salad to round out the meal.

I did not get to the doggy mines today. Or more shopping for ds' bday gifts. The doggy mines will probably wait until Monday since tomorrow will be a busy day. After church, we will need to shop, cook, and clean a little for ds' bday dinner. Also, the hens must be moved; the tree guy will be here to spray our crabapple on Monday.

Tonight, I think I'll do a little more laundry and work on Hebrew for class Monday. The class is meeting at a classmate's home since the synagogue is closed b/c of Pesach.

I've stayed within my WW points for today -- if I don't eat anything else tonight.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:45 pm

I had created a spreadsheet to track my preaching income so I created a new sheet for 2016 and autofilled all the Sundays in that. I've preached 15 services so far this year. It is not an illusion, I am busy! (I haven't worked 15 Sundays since I mostly double up and do two churches on Sunday.)

That makes me tired.

Just remembered I have more legal paperwork to fill in for the first refugee committee I'm on. I'll do that and then head to bed.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:07 pm

i have tried to take a break several times today but it never worked out. My go to place for a break is here. :)

I can't remember what all we did today but know it was back-to-back. Some of what I remember includes -
** making/serving 3 homemade meals . Actually 2 meals. The 3rd meal I didn't prepare but monitored LO while he prepared tuna salad wraps. It would have been easier and faster to do it myself but it is fun to see him glow with accomplishment.
** loaded and hauled off a pickup load of limbs and wood.
** walked with DFriend
** worked 5 hours with generator fella while he was trying to get generator router to connect to our home router. We stood for hours outside by the generator trying various configurations. We each were holding our laptops connected to a router and trying to reach the other through wifi. We had support on the phone several times and tried what seemed like endless tweaks. None of the worked. Our effort came to an abrupt halt when the phone rang
** P called in a panic "D just got bit by a snake!!! What should we do????" I asked if she knew what kind of snake. She only knew that it didn't have a rattle on the tail. GOOD news. I told her to stay calm and we were on the way. An ambulance would take too long to arrive I ran and yelled for DH to come quick. I didn't want to take time to load up the 2 little ones so I told DH to go without us. There was 7 vehicles in our driveway and DH vehicle was blocked in so I tossed him the keys to SUV that wasn't blocked and he took off. I immediately got on the phone and called a retired nurse that lives nearby. She immediately went to help with P & D. I called another friend that lives nearby them and got him to go help DH load D in the SUV. Breathe..pray...breathe...pray.... It all turned out okay. It was a bull snake. The bites were painful but harmless. DH did take D to the ER to be checked since he is on a slew of medication and his hand was swelled. All is well. P & D are in their late 70's. They are members of our Friday Night Gang.
** DGS20 spent 4 hours with me today. He followed me around and talked non-stop.

I am over 11K steps today. I'm surprised it isn't more because I have been on my feet all day. But those hours of standing still doing troubleshooting on routers didn't add any steps. I also spent couple hours in kitchen that doesn't add steps.

Precious memory....DGD4 just walked by on her way from one toy to another and stopped.....gave me a kiss on the arm and said "I love you Nana" then continued on her way. She melts my heart.

Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:33 pm

Enjoyed hearing thoughts from sweet, bright children today, LadyM and Lilac!
Whoops, it was Dee's dgchild, sorry! I knew Lilac had dgchildren of similar age, I guess, and was thinking of her!

Dawn, wish I could have worked with you but I missed that. Lots going on here.

I did a reasonable job of taking photos of the kids but only the ones outside were really good. Half on my phone and half on the young man's phone, which I haven't yet seen. Yes, dd looks very grown up. She didn't put her hair up (her friends did) and so she didn't look over-the-top dressy, but it is a surprise to see her so mature looking.

Ds and the children walked over and we enjoyed them very much. While they were here, HRH looked up and realized dd17 and the young man were coming back into the driveway. Turns out they had finished the pre-prom meal with friends only to have dd realize that she'd forgotten the tickets. Thankfully, the friend's house is very close, so they didn't waste much time.

Ds was amused at all the prom doings. He did tell dd she looked nice, which I'm sure was a stretch for him - complimenting the little sister doesn't come naturally. He was without his call phone because babyC had hidden it from him, but he found it shortly after getting back home. BabyC is becoming quite an imp.

We enjoyed a video of ds at a Make-A-Wish event Thursday letting a six-year-old boy use a real fire hose from the fire truck to put out a fire. They drove up in the fire truck to the fire dept where other firefighters had created a contained fire, and the little boy and his best friend held the hose with ds and another fireman and doused it. The little boy didn't know it at the time, but when their excitement was over, the Make-A-Wish folks announced they were sending his family on a vacation.

Have sent a brief email asking again for the church info I need and hopefully there just couldn't be any reason I won't get that tomorrow. Hopeful, hopeful.

I'm S2Sed and next up I need to get my hair into a scrunchie.

helia, dd is a very sentimental person. She is thinking of enough "lasts" for all of us. But I think she's happy, too. She does worry about the summer and how she'll feel without her usual friends around her. You had asked about anxiety and I definitely saw some of that when I was at the office last week. A few girls, particularly, were nearly shaking with worry over the presentation judging. I'm thinking that was unique to the speech experience, though, and I hope they are not feeling this in every aspect of academics.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:41 pm

My dm has db1 and his family riled up. Last Saturday night was the prom of my db1s dgd. The mother of the girl had told dm that she could come to the house and take pictures before the prom, because they were preparing a dinner for their dd, her date and another couple. Dnephew was grilling chicken when dm got there. As he was taking it off the grill dm informed him that it wasn't done. He said he believed it was. So dm goes to her car and gets out a meat thermometer and tested it. Who carries a meat thermometer in their car? I never did hear who won that one. Then dnephew got down 4 glasses out of a cabinet and dm told him that they were dirty and she would wash them before he used them. I know glasses can get a haze on them if they sit unused for a long time, but dm should have kept her mouth shut. It wasn't her circus or her monkeys. Needless to say they are all still irritated and you can bet that next year when the younger dgd goes to prom, dm won't be asked to the house to take pictures.

I seriously think that dm thinks at her age she can just say whatever she wants. When dstepfather was alive, he was a really good buffer. With him gone, no one attempts to because it would be a waste of time and breath.

My poor dh. The toes and part of the foot that is exposed look like leather with cracks. They haven't been able to be wet for 4 weeks. I have washed them for him and they seemed fine. Now all of a sudden, they look awful. So now in addition to washing that area, I need to keep a foot cream on them and keep them covered. Otherwise, when the cast comes off that area will look as bed as what is under the cast. Sorry if this TMI.

The wind has blown all day. I ended up turning on the a/c this morning. I had opened up the house before the wind came up and got it cooled down. Then I turned on the a/c so it would come on later. I still need to get them out here for a spring checkup. With it being new, I want to stay on top of it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:04 am

SO glad I walked when I did bc it was just sprinkling lightly then later it was worse and never did stop while it was daylight anyway. Store run & date nite done. Dinner did not set very well with me feeling better now.

Return to “Post When You Can”