Sunday sabbath PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday sabbath PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 01, 2016 12:25 pm

So many decisions, Lucylee. Would she be safer at dgrandmother's house? Are there other benefits to being there?

Thanks for the clarification, Harriet on the dfils - you have more than usual. I'm glad you were there with dsecondMIL when he passed away.

bw2, you have your May well underway! WTG on recycling magazines, I do it on an irregular schedule. Poor dd, so sorry work was not a good experience. Perhaps things will settle in a week or two?

I don't keep "Shabbat" in a traditional Jewish way but do consider an afternoon nap to be part of my "rest." After being up early yesterday, I napped heavily, the kind that just feel so satisfying. We had an enjoyable dinner last night with dh's dfriend - sat on the back covered porch to talk, then dh was to grill burgers but couldn't get grill going. Finally we just used the G eorge F oreman grill. Nice dinner and he needed to get back to hotel where the team was staying and his ds hanging out with the other kids.

Got started reading a short book last night about the search for biological parents for an adopted man. His search took almost 30 years, working on it off and on, and was finally solved only through DNA testing. At the end he could have been the son of any of five brothers who were all deceased, but each had a son who agreed to test DNA for matching.

I'm going to try to get upstairs to stamp a little today.

Waving to Dee and Nancy and Kathryn! Have I missed anyone?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi!!

Woke up when I heard dh say "Cathy it's 10 o'clock!" We had to be somewhere for "11". It is an annual Orthodox Ukrainian Easter lunch. My sister's husband's family puts it on every year and this is the second year in a row that we have been invited. My sister texted that they were stuck in traffic in downtown Toronto due to a marathon causing the closures of a few streets and some on and off ramps of the highway that gets you in and out of the downtown area. We parked and waited for my sister and she got to the parking lot around 5 or 10 minutes after we did. It was 11:45 and the food was just being set out on the buffet. Very informal, very small room and just family. Dh and I have already been invited for next year.

It is a miserable cold and overcast day here. I am so tempted to go for a nap.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DawnElise

Postby DawnElise » Sun May 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Really struggling every. single. morning. with getting out of bed, due to intense anxiety and depression. Usually don't rise until 12 noon or later.
Haven't walked in 2 or 3 days. Intend to do that today.

Toward that end, I so far have:
-soaked a few dirty dishes.
-eaten 2 eggs, hot quinoa flakes with honey and cream, still working on finishing a yellow apple. Had Vitamin D, several glasses of water, one med.
-turned on Hidden Places to comfort me while I was eating.
-CUOP a little bit. Sorry about lucy's mom and kathryn's sister.

DS12 and dh went to an event where DS got to fly a remote controlled airplane, and he did better than anyone else, did loop-d-loops, landed smoothly. : ) yeah!

Dh is engaging the kids in helping clean up and prepare lunch. : ) yeah!

Guess I'll get dressed next.

DawnElise

Postby DawnElise » Sun May 01, 2016 5:47 pm

I feel guilty I am not paying as much attention to my children as a mother should. I endeavor to remember that I must take care of myself in order to be better able to care for them. But I must also seek and commit to a plan to spend SOME time with them today. I think with DD I will play Tanagrams with her, which she has been playing with today. I wish I could interest my son in riding his bike with me for a bit, even a few minutes. How do I get past his so often "No"....?

I have been eating VERY poorly for a cancer patient. I've been having a lot of packaged snack foods, and hardly any good animal proteins and cooked vegetables. I've been eating a lot of candy, graham crackers, macaroons, jelly beans.....not good. I feel like when I eat a lot of sugar, I feel the annoying sensations in my skin more (that I have had ever since chemo began in September). I gotta conquer my sugar weakness!!

Part of the reason I haven't is probably the fact the dishes are not getting completed on a daily basis, but are left for 4 days at a time....drives me crazy. I am trying to contribute and change all of that!

So I didn't get to go to the bible study last night, the family went without me. I was feeling too poorly with new pains in stomach. I'd like to get something in church-wise every weekend, so wondering if I should try to go to a church tonight that has a Sunday-evening service. ???

I so want to be well!!
Last edited by DawnElise on Sun May 01, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DawnElise

Postby DawnElise » Sun May 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Gotta get moving; To Do:

*simple dress for walk
*brush teeth and floss
*walk! yah!

in the cue:
* time with dd
* more dishes
* make my bed

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 01, 2016 6:51 pm

Thank y'all for my birthday wishes. Weather made us change our plans but it turned out to be a great day.

I bought myself a birthday cake and Sweetie and the Minions sang Happy Birthday to me. We ordered in pizza, always a special treat for me, and watched the end of the Amazon's Bosch series and the movie... The Heart of the Sea. Both Sweetie and I really enjoyed it.

Then today we saw The Jungle Book at the IMAX. Must say I really enjoyed that as well.

Next on my list is to call my mom to see how she is doing. Have no expectations on what to expect. I am a bit emotional tired, but some time in my cross fit class should fix that. Dinner is waiting to be cooked and I have a good book to start.

My house is clean, laundry done and am completely unpacked. Got all of that done on Friday.

Sending hugs hugs to all those in need... And feel free to take one even if you really don't need it... Remember love makes the world go round ;)
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 01, 2016 8:17 pm

I got home at 6:20 after a wonderful day. Dh had waited for me so we heated up our suppers and settled in and watched an episode off Netflix. We are currently watching Death In Paradise (a detective series set in the Caribbean.)

I got up to church early enough that I went for a 20 minute walk around the neighbourhood to up my step count. Turns out it is full of drug houses. Nothing untoward happened but I quickly realized I was not in a safe area and moved a block over to houses that weren't obviously all rentals.

There are three churches in 4 blocks of the same street. Zion Lutheran Church, Zion Evangelical United Church and St. John's Lutheran Church. I asked MF about the two Lutheran churches and he told me they were completely different, one was Missouri Synod and the other Evangelical Lutheran. Helia will know what that means, I don't (although I know the Lutheran church I attend in Prague is Missouri Synod.)

Service was lovely. Sermon was good, better than the last few I've heard of his, but then again, with his exams over, he might have more time to work on sermons. I sat with my 'friend' in the congregation, an elderly busybody (EBB) who loves hats and dh. Dh flirts with her something awful and she calls him her boyfriend.

EBB shared that the congregation originally thought I was MF's girlfriend. It actually was a reasonable mistake since the first time I was there was his covenanting service and he sat me with his parents, and then sat me beside him for the reception following and kept introducing me as his friend (he was actually a bit high on pain killers at the time because he had a broken ankle and had just got out of hospital after reconstruction surgery!) The next time I was there was after I had preached earlier in the day nearby and drove up for his service so it wasn't until the third time I showed up that dh was in tow. Even now, dh only comes about 1/3 of the time because MF and I talk 'shop' so much.

During coffee hour MF disappeared, meeting with others, much to EBB's disgust. It is an agreement I have with MF that I 'get' him once he's done with his congregation so I visit with others over coffee hour and if he's still not ready to go, I help wash up dishes or check email. Today is a working day for him, and so I'm happy to not be more of a stress on him.

We actually got out of the church fairly quickly and by 1 were at the restaurant. They were closing for a function at 2 so we had a quick lunch there and then moved to a coffee shop for the next 2.5 hours. And just talked and talked. He is much happier now than when I saw him last.

The drive home was as easy as the drive up but it was raining so I took it slower and listened to music from my phone.

I'm exhausted now and ready for bed but dh has asked to stay up another hour.

I'm happy though. It was lovely to have a complete day off. It isn't as if I didn't think about work but I did get a break and that was good. I've even managed to get 5K steps in which is enough to give me a 9K/day average for the week. It is raining hard so I won't have a walk with dh tonight, but that enough to make me happy.

Dh had an excellent day at his service. People told him he was the best anniversary speaker ever. The minister talked with the Sunday School teachers after dh did the children's story and it was decided that the children would stay up for the presentation and they were enthralled (dh had a slides from his trip.) After there was a luncheon and someone came and tipped dh $5 for doing such a good job! That plus the honorarium will make a nice donation to Project Tembo.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun May 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Sunday has happened

Over the weekend I decided 2 books can go back to library without being read. My choice.

I think I've been using too much seasoning. Need to stop and see if my innards feel better. Need to take antihistamine again for a bit, and get back to vitamins/suppliments.

showers have stopped overnight and sun is shining again
dog woke me about 4 to go out
I guess I ort be happy about that, though sleep did not return quickly.

Today
I think I'll log into FL chat to work there. Need to do some things today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Typical Sunday here -
** Walk @ track
** Church with me setting up nursery and then helping teach 4-5 year olds
** Lunch @ favorite cafe
** Relax for couple hours. I tried to make myself sit/lay down but I was miserable. I finally decide this was not the outcome I was seeking. I went outside and push mowed for an hour which made me feel good and put me over 10K steps for the day.
** Couple hours at DMom's to visit and eat.

It's time to get DGD4 into bath....including washing her waist long hair.

After being gone for 4 days, DD showed up today and stayed for less than 2 hours then was gone again. I heard a good message today about not judging. I needed that reminder.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DawnElise

Postby DawnElise » Sun May 01, 2016 8:56 pm

TADA AND YET TO DO L**STS

*simple dress for walk X DONE
*brush teeth and floss X DONE
*walk! yah! X DONE
C-meds X DONE
bring vacuum to my room X DONE
Call american cancer society -i'm available to talk now. X DONE
apply new patch XDONE

Priorities have extra stars after

Eat lunch (after 5:00!)**********************************
DISHES SILVERWARE*******************

read for 5 min. docs from new doctor****************************(2)
PAY Phone bill ***************************(3)
CONTACT helpers re: tomorrow's ride for DS12*********************(1)

in cue
*activate card
* contact E re: ride on a dentist appt day
* contact C with yoga info from K
* empty my wastebaskets
*vacuum floor by my bed
*sit outside for tasks to be done on my cell

Return to “Post When You Can”