Sunday sabbath PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday sabbath PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sun May 01, 2016 10:05 pm

Got the front mowed this evening and a bit in the back that was under the bench. Earlier I got the tomatoes in & moved some onions.
Dinner is done.
Vacuumed the living room rug.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:22 pm

Good night❤️
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Thanks d twins ❤️
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 01, 2016 10:46 pm

Dawn you sound like you have a good handle on what you need to get done. Request to keep sweets out of the house - they are to tempting to be around.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 01, 2016 10:47 pm

I laid down in bed to read. Dh was heading to the couch to go on the computer and nap sitting up.

We both woke up at around 9. Yikes! I made him a can of pea soup. Made grilled cheese for both of us. While I was doing that, I switched the laundry and now dh's stuff is all dry and waiting to get pulled out of the dryer and put away. I had put his all together this week and put the machine on heavy duty. He wears jeans and shirts from home under his work shirt that the company provides and I don't have to wash or dry that. I think the shirt underneath gets dirtier because the sleeves are longer and he pushes them up to his elbows and the grease and oil and other work fluids soak through the outer shirt, not to mention the body odour!

This week we are supposed to have rain on Monday and nice weather for the rest of the week with temperatures close to 80 for next Saturday. Dh says he will get the boat ready so we can go out on the river next weekend.

I have stuff to accomplish this week, like banking and the major grocery run of the month. We saved over $30 on the gas bill last month even though we had more BBQs than all previous months.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DawnElise

Postby DawnElise » Sun May 01, 2016 11:10 pm

DONE : )Eat lunch. Ate one of those Knudsen's Cottage Cheese with pineapple individual thingys, glass of water, digestive enzymes, and a banana. It was all I could eat, I felt very full afterwards.....which is sad, because I'm NOWHERE NEAR the calories I need for the day. That was lunch. Now, I gotta get some room in my tummy for dinner!

DISHES SILVERWARE (keep putting this one off, more fun to work in my room)

read for 5 min. docs from new doctor*****REALLY NEED TO DO THIS BEFORE TOMORROW.
df wants me to call her back.

DONE : )PAY Phone bill ***************************(3)
DONE : )CONTACT helpers re: tomorrow's ride for DS12*********************(1)

*activate card PUTTING OFF TILL TUESDAY.
* contact E re: ride on a dentist appt day NOT URGENT. PUT IT ON "OMM" (on my mind) list.

DONE : ) contact C with yoga info from K
DONE : ) empty my wastebaskets
DONE ; )*vacuum floor by my bed

Harriet, thank you. Umm...they are there because I requested them. I often get a horrible taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of, so that was why I have Jelly Beans in the house. : (

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 01, 2016 11:27 pm

Warning -- LONG post in J&C but if you have time, I need some feedback re: dmom and my treatment of her.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 01, 2016 11:56 pm

I have certainly had no "Sabbath" today. * sheesh *
But except for an uneasy nausea and general stressful feelings re: dmom, I have had a productive day.

* Left hospital around noon
* Home
* Made a couple of calls re: duncle, who spent the night in ER in different town -- never found out what his diagnosis is, or if he was finally admitted to hospital (He was in ER at least from 11:00 pm last night until around 2:00 pm this afternoon!)
* Played w/dgs a little while, and dgd when ddil came to pick up dgs (who came home from church w/dh)
* Talked w/ddil and dh re: dmom, etc...
* Read the paper, ate odds and ends
* Put away all the stuff I've been hauling back and forth to the hospital
* S2S, washed hair, used facial mask, did Bible reading
* Sorted cards for coming week
* Went to Wmart w/dh
* Called hospital to check on dmom -- remembered I needed to
* Go to dmom's house and get shoes and socks for her to wear for dismissal tomorrow
* Picked up our supper
* Ate
* Did two loads of laundry, folded/put away or hung to dry
* Talked to dbro on phone
* Helped dh put away dishes from dishwasher, handwashed a few items that had not been in dishwasher

So -- it has been a long day. And I am frustrated w/dmom and I know she is frustrated w/me.
Her health situation just overwhelms me and scares me and it will probably be another couple years before dbro is ready to move back here...

I think Twins asked if dmom would be safer at the other house -- my dgmother's house.
Well, it would be possible to get into that house w/out going up stairs -- although one would have to drive into the back yard to do so.
Otherwise, safety-wise, the two houses are basically the same.
Grandmother's house is the one where dmom keeps saying she is going to (A) build enclosed, solar-heated therapy pool for water exercise (B) have walk-in tub installed and (C) have b ath f itters re-do shower in 2nd bath.
The drawing point for grandmother's house, according to all who have expressed opinions on this, is that "It would be so much easier for YOU, lucy." Grandmother's house is probably 2 or 3 miles from me, while dmom is approx 10 miles from me at her present home. Two of my cousins, along with ds/ddil are also closer to grandmother's house than I am -- so I'd have lots of (possible) back-up support closer at hand... along w/the hope that since she would be more convenient to more of her friends, perhaps she would see them more often. Grandmother's home is right smack-dab in the middle of community where dmom grew up, along w/her old church, small convenience store, etc. Also closer to town by a few miles.
So who knows...

But I just don't see us moving furniture while dmom is in rehab, even though dbro said confidently, "We can make it happen. We can do this. We only have to get 3 rooms set up -- the bedroom, den, and kitchen."
We would also have to get cable tv connected and landline phone...

And ANOTHER problem I thought of -- if dmom is to use this as a temporary home, going back and forth between the two as the spirit moves her (once she is well enough to drive) -- well good grief. If she can't remember to take meds when they are right there beside the coffee maker, how in the world will she remember to carry meds between houses? That is just impossible.
So it DOES need to be a fairly permanent staying place.

Oh well... I have plenty to think of over the next 24 hours without operating a moving service in my head.

Tomorrow, dmom will * I pray * be transferred to in-hospital rehab.
I plan to first
* talk to family doctor to give him a heads up about what to expect. She certainly looks a lot different than she did when he last saw her...
* talk to pharmacist about possible med interactions, and get print out of dmom's refills over the last few months. Dmom is very adamant that she has NOT been taking drug X since she started drug Y... etc... Hmmm... might should go to 2nd pharmacy also...
* talk to dmom's neurologist and give HIM a heads up about what has been going on and get his opinion re: meds, changes to meds, etc.
Also this week, I want to
* talk to dmom's preacher's wife and tell her how much dmom needs another visit from her and her dsisil, who has been widowed a little longer than dmom and who actually HAS been in dmom's situation -- unlike everyone else in dmom's world, it seems. The dsisil was married to a good friend of my dad's, also, so that gives them something else in common, and the time before when they visited dmom, it seemed to help her immensely.
* talk to PT and ask them to stress exercises for pain relief. Dbro is certain that part of dmom's back pain comes from lying on her back too much, giving in to the pain, instead of moving around and walking it out. (Dbro also has pain and has seen the benefits of exercise. Dmom's excuse is that dbro is 25 years younger than she is.)

Dmom has excuses for everything. I told dbro, I feel I will be talking behind dmom's back a lot this week, but something has to give!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”