TUESDAY "TOSS IT"

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: TUESDAY "TOSS IT"

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 03, 2016 11:04 am

Sadie, 60 is not so bad, I'm happy for you to join the club! Happy birthday whenever it is!

I'm out the door!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue May 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Bathroom cleaned and supplied.

Waiting for dbrother's clothes to stop spinning in washer. Then in the dryer the go and I am off to the shower.

Dailies left to do are filing, dusting, Decluttering, Bible reading and desk work.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue May 03, 2016 1:32 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Yay on bathroom d Sadie
And happy birthday!!

Hi all

Heading out soon
I enjoyed every minute of the garden but I'm a filthy beggar right now so off to make myself presentable before leaving

A family member- extended- is trying to use guilt - nice thing about being older - u know better than reacting or get upset - you learn its their issue not your own : ;) it's a good thing :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:59 pm

❤️D Harriet
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 03, 2016 2:09 pm

Nice visit with dd. Made up a great grilled cheese & tomato & bacon (and onion for dh and I) sandwiches on our sandwich maker which I have had for 30 years but dd didn't know we owned. We bought it as backup for the waffle iron (it has reversible plates) because dh's 10 year old work-horse waffle iron wouldn't last for ever. Well, it hasn't died yet so we've kept the other one in the box and moved it twice. Occasionally, if there's a big crowd we'll use it to double up on the number of waffles we can make at a time but it makes them almost half as fast as the work-horse so it doesn't get used much.

Dh washed up the dishes and then I walked both of them to the bus station. Dd went off in one direction, dh to a meeting downtown and I walked home.

Am on a break time from bookkeeping. Making slow progress but have only eaten one small bite so far today. Will shake my wrist out (it is getting sore) and walk around the apartment.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Happy Birthday Sadie! I hope you enjoy your dinner out.

I'm not having the greatest day but I'm plowing through one thing at a time. When I get interrupted, I deal with that then I start in again. Not very efficient, but what else does one do? DH is having a really tough time at jobsite and I don't like the fellow he's working with. This guy was supposed to supply labor but he came by himself and he made several derogatory comments about DH. Anyway, when there are problems I get lots of phone calls, etc. etc.

I don't know why my desk days are twice as long as they used to be but they are. Very inneficient use of time here.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Home from lunch with old friend, very nice to catch up on the doings at my old office and in her life.

Desk day....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue May 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Happy birthday, SADIE!!!

I tossed a bunch of stuff at dmom's! :)
She puts food scraps in her outside freezer, bc she is so paranoid about it smelling in her garbage. So I threw out about 6 takeout styrofoam plates like that, and something else I identifiable, some eggs, and some bananas.

Fueled up at chick f a ... On my way to the hospital now...
Tomorrow is another day.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 pm

I've been sticking close by the phone all day waiting for The Man to call to set up an appointment to look at our garage. He finally called as he was already on his way to TinyTown -- giving me 5 minutes warning before he arrived. :o

Then he walked around the front and side of the garage, took the quickest possible look, and said it was too big of a job for him.
:(

I wish I had Elizabeth's Own skills and confidence with construction projects. I'm extremely far out of my comfort zone. I'm starting to get a major headache. I'm going to rest a bit before I call the other company that was recommended to me.

Return to “Post When You Can”