Simply Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Simply Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:13 pm

It does seem strange that so many SHEs are graduating this year to the next stage of their parenting lives.

Time really does fly. I've been part of an online SHE community for over 18 years now. I had to consciously add an extra decade to that when adding up the years!

I've handed over the rent review stuff. Yay! I'll still have access to the email account until they get their act together but all the emails arriving at this point are thank-you emails for me anyway.

Mr. PITA sent me an email which, aside from rewriting all I did to say it in a different but no less wordy way, extended an olive branch. I sent an email back to update him on the process (until we get our final statement from the paralegal we are in this together) and burying the hatchet somewhere other than his back. We will still be neighbours so we need to do that.

I need to print off the services for tomorrow and then work more on getting the sermon flawless. That will include recording myself so I can hear, more objectively, how it sounds. I hate listening to my recorded voice.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:34 pm

WOO HOO for ME!
For the first time in a LONG time, I have a Saturday ta-da!
Usually, as you all know, I fall into the recliner after eating breakfast on Saturday, and do N O T H I N G all day long.
Not today! I hope this new leaf stays turned.

After breakfast today, I --
[x] finished the WHB vacuuming
[x] did daily Bible reading
[x] got clothes & misc items together for dh to pack
[x] called ds to make plans for tonight

I now need to
[ ] s2s
[ ] write checks for two bills
[ ] go to drug store
[ ] go to grocery store
[ ] call dmom
* and these things can easily wait unti we're back home on Tuesday, but also OMM...
[ ] prepare a graduation gift for mailing next week
[ ] prepare dnephew's birthday gift ($/check) for mailing next week
[ ] wrap dgs's birthday gifts

Waving to ALL!!! Hope you're all having a good Saturday!
Tomorrow is another day.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm glad to hear of the olive branch and hatchet burial, Kathryn!
WTG lucylee!! I think I'm going to do my Bible reading right now. Yes - in the middle of the afternoon. I think it will help re-center my spirit and hopefully move my attitude more toward where it should be.

I still don't want to host small group tonight, and I still feel irritated at S2 for dropping this in our lap last minute. We've done so much hosting and had so many people in our home for the past week and a half, I'm really just weary of being around people, and especially hosting them. Not very gracious of me, I know. . . I shouldn't start listing the different groups and events we've hosted or been to this week b/c that wouldn't be helpful. The last time we had dinner just with our family, no guests, was last Monday. The next time we can do that: next Monday. Dh leaves on Tuesday. The following time we can eat together as a family - 9 days later.

Dh and dd20 have pitched in, and the upstairs is tidy, the table has leaves in it, and the play room is tidy. The play room was especially bad so getting that room cleaned up was a big thing off my todo list for today. I have s2s-ed and have the pulled pork heating up, some in the crock pot and some in the oven. It was frozen in a big ball, and though some of it was thawed enough to pull off and put in the crock pot, much was not. I just hope I don't overcook it. I'll check on it in an hour. Dh has gone to work planning to come home probably after small group starts.

We're running the AC.

Priority of tasks to be done before 5:15:
1. QT
2. remember to brush and floss my teeth. LOL!
3. vacuum play room
4. vacuum stairs
5. check on 2 main bathrooms; the upstairs one was cleaned Th. before guests, so I think it's OK.
6. quick vac. of living room rug -- if time. There's cat hair on it -- of course.
7. start rice cooker at 4 pm
8. check on pork at 4 pm; can more be put in the crock pot?
9. set out plates, tableware, glasses, etc.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:34 pm

helia, I totally know what you mean, as a fellow introvert.

So far fairly successful day. Got the car window taken care of, but they had undone the connection to the battery yesterday when they were trying to get the door open, and that left the radio/clock/cd player et al needing a code entered to make it usable again. So I had to go to Honda dealership for that - only took 5 min and no charge (ha ha), but still was quite annoying.

Back at home the grill was delivered and I read a little and napped, while dh went to the pool.

Need to get moving again....
-get car window fixed
-stop at sporting goods store for new shoe lace (old is chewed down :lol: :lol: )
-laundry
-activate new CC
-order father's day gift for dh
-SU order since I didn't get to stamp club
-instructions for dh and ds while I'm away
-packing
-some downtime and needed time w dh
-maybe stamping time
-write short bio for course instructor
-"homework" for course (could be done tomorrow night - choose an ancestor I would like to research and write a summary of what I know about him/her)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:37 pm

I'm socialized out but have several more days of it ahead of me.

Still haven't started sermon practice but I did gather the candle holders for my Christ light story, and have tidied up the apartment a fair bit. Printed off the two services, gave dh the hymns for the afternoon service and washed up the dishes.

I'm having tea now before a caffeine nap.

I had lost the clever ending I had for the sermon (thought of it while making my tea this morning and wrote it out.) So I ended up tidying the apartment until I found it (it was caught up in rent control papers and ended up in my computer case.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Dh is asleep in front of the TV, ddog is snuggled with his head next to my hip - he's not usually snugly.

Right now:
-reboot laundry, start last load
-order dh's father's day gift
-write bio for course instructor (started it a few days ago, need to complete and proof)
-go to sporting goods store for laces
-write up info for dh and ds

I'm looking forward to being away and at my leisure. The library at Samford will be open for research so I could have a significant amount of research time...

Additions to master list:
water plants
get together Chief's stuff to go to boarding - dog food, treats, toy, blankie
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

helia

Postby helia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:37 pm

Done:
- QT
- brushed teeth
- pork has been thawed enough to put in the crock pot or frozen
- bathroom up - I did a quick s/s
- bathroom dn. - checked; it's OK, though the tub could use a good cleaning. I just closed the curtain. Might wipe down the edge of the tub - if I have time
- blankets in play room put away; I'd forgotten about that task

Next:
- rice cooker!! I'd forgotten about this.
- vacuum play room
- vacuum stairs
- spot clean spots on stairs and down hallway??

LOL! I create a list and then don't particularly follow it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Still going, went to grocery for steaks and corn on the cob to make on the new grill while I was out...spent some additional time on SU order to get the most of "hostess" $$. Decided I didn't need to do another load of laundry. Also did some of "packing" for ddog and his boarding ck in info.

-get car window fixed
-stop at sporting goods store for new shoe lace (old is chewed down :lol: :lol: )

-laundry
-activate new CC
-order father's day gift for dh
-SU order since I didn't get to stamp club
-instructions for dh and ds while I'm away

-packing
-some downtime and needed time w dh
-maybe stamping time not happening....
-write short bio for course instructor
-"homework" for course (could be done tomorrow night - choose an ancestor I would like to research and write a summary of what I know about him/her)
water plants
get together Chief's stuff to go to boarding - dog food, treats, toy, blankie

Lucylee, we are still watching college baseball. :shock:

This time:
-bio for instructor
-pull out things to pack
-finish with ddog's packing
-water plants

It is so hot here today - temp was showing as 98 degrees outside when I was in my car

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:22 pm

CI:
[x] s2s
[x] write checks for two bills
[x] dropped off one bill @ night deposit (electric co) and one at post office
[x] go to drug store
[x] go to grocery store
[x] call dmom
* and these things can easily wait unti we're back home on Tuesday, but also OMM...
[ ] prepare a graduation gift for mailing next week
[ ] prepare dnephew's birthday gift ($/check) for mailing next week
[ ] wrap dgs's birthday gifts

Helia -- I cannot even imagine having the social calendar y'all have been through lately, and dh would just put his foot down and say no more, if we were running to and from all those things, and especially if all those events had been at our house -- but I'm just saying that to say I can absolutely understand why you are pretty much sick and tired of people at the moment, at least, people who do not share your last name and/or live under your roof. (((HUGS)))

Twins -- dh has tuned in to college baseball occasionally as the playoffs continue, but mostly we are now following the Atlanta Braves, basketball playoffs, and I think hockey is still going.

I think I may take a nap now. That recliner has been calling all day, and somehow, I don't feel nearly so guilty in spending some time with it, now that the other stuff is done. Those gifts are in no way urgent tasks -- graduation gift is for the girl who apparently cannot address an envelope. DH told me to just go ahead and send her the gift -- I had an extra book that is my "go to" gift for girls. Dnephew's bday is not until the 18th, and dgs's is the 26th. Tonight we are going out for Krystal hamburgers and ice cream w/ds & dgs, and then tomorrow & Monday, we'll be traveling with them and I'll be pretty much in charge of keeping dgs entertained on Monday... so... might as well rest up a bit. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Hello Everyone. It seem like it has been a long day today. However, that might be because after normal daily things were finished I took a good part of the afternoon off and relaxed and finished reading a book I started last week; I really needed to rest my back.

Thank you Lucy! Yes, dh is aware of the lonely feeling when he thinks of his family. We talked to dnephew this afternoon and it was a peaceful passing for his dmother.

The weather here was a little better today; more sunshine, although we had a quick thunderstorm a few hours ago.

Still to do is to finish cleaning up the kitchen, put away clean laundry from yesterday and record our meals for the day.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”