TRIUMPHANT TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TRIUMPHANT TUESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:27 am

Are you feeling at least a little triumphant today? Is there one little thing you can do to raise that feeling in you? Think I'll swipe the bathroom sink first off (and it needs it!) and that will get the 'triumphant' juices flowing. Still have a lot to move, settle, put away, restore, finish emptying the car (I don't see that happening until at least the weekend -had too much already in here to put away first.) I am feeling better and more 'with it' today so maybe I can get some more done. She says hopefully.... :?

Have to run to town this morning and pick up our mail, go to the store for a birthday card and a couple of graduation cards while I'm there. Then I have Balance Class at the Dr's office from 1-3. Gal had called me several weeks ago to see if I was interested in taking it again. I missed a few sessions last fall because of my surgeries. They actually started this one last Tuesday so it'll mean I really need to make all the remaining 7. Think the last class is on our anniversary but that's okay.

LadyM, So glad your dh made it home safely and feel so bad for all the flooding there and everywhere else that it's happening.

Interesting development here last night. The mother of a camper friend passed away this weekend. She had asked other dfriends next door to her (their 2 children are married to each other) if they knew of someone to conduct the funeral service for her Mom. Lo' and behold they asked DS-A (and he thought they wanted him to direct traffic as fire chief) -oh no, they want him to do the service. He says, "What was I going to say, 'NO?'" He has always done very well at praying and speaking with people. He has a knack and a true gift when he's in many dire situations with people. It's sometimes uncanny to watch as they just seem drawn to him for counsel and consoling, etc. I know he'll do well and I am trusting he'll realize more and more this gift he has.

Okay, off to get today's PODA started.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TRIUMPHANT TUESDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:47 am

Dee: it is a special gift. I'm often amazed at how people come up to me in stores and the next thing I know, I'm hearing their troubles. I wear a cross about 50% of the time but under coats etc., it is not visible. There is nothing to identify me as being someone who would even care to listen, but still, I find myself in amazing conversations. My minister finds the same thing but so far he's only told stories of experiences while wearing his collar. The funny part is that I really don't think I'm good at pastoral care (you all know how blunt I am, the same is true, possible more-so, IRL.) So your ds seems to have a huge leg up on me there!

I'm up. Was up until midnight, made it out of bed just over 8 hours later.

Bed is made (room, except for yesterday's clothes, is tidy from yesterday), the kitchen is put to rights with the dishwasher and drain rack emptied. I will clean out the fridge today (along with the remaining Tuesday chores) and the bathrooms need to be finished (I did only enough to get by.) I have two loads of laundry to do as well and then I'll be caught up on regular housework.

I have a meeting tonight which requires some reading and a business form to file.

That's it. A very quiet day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 am

Hi!

I feel chilly today. The temperature is close to 20 C, which is around 72 I think. It's even warmer inside the house, but I have sweatpants and a sweatshirt on.

Hmmm... I just typed out and then deleted 3 different rants. Maybe I should go back to bed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:12 am

Raining. Again.
Not complaining. Just the facts.

My daily walk is being delayed by lightning. Even taking the trash to the road seemed risky this morning. I was half way down the driveway when a big streak of lightning hit nearby and was followed almost immediately by loud thunder. I ducked my head hoping that would help hide me from being the target of the next lightning strike. Very doubtful that helps any but it was the only thing I could think of to do...besides run.

Dee - your son is a blessing to all who know him and those he serves.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:42 am

Good morning, villagers ~
I'm hoping to spend a lot of time this week on the house. Normally after a big project (in this case 2 big projects in a row) I start recovery week in the kitchen. This time, though, I'm going to switch it up and start upstairs.

I had planned to declutter in the bedroom and upstairs powder room today. However, DH just informed me that he is taking a vacation day. I knew he had a doctor's appt first thing but expected he would go to his job site from there. Not sure what he has planned for the day, if anything.

Today's weather prediction is for hot & muggy with scattered storms -- not really good for working outdoors. He might be able to do a little mowing, though.

Maybe we'll go to TheBigCity for lunch and groceries. Or he might want to spend the rest of the day hiding in his mancave. I'll see what he feels like when he gets back from his appointment.

In the meantime, I'm going to have 1 more cup of iced coffee before I dig in upstairs.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:55 am

Today is Patch Tuesday (Microsoft issues updates to software on 2nd Tueday of the month). I manually updated so I could close my files & choose to reboot when I wanted. I typically leave files open 24/7 and rarely turn my laptop off.

I put some summer squash on to cook this morning and almost forgot about it. Thankfully it didn't burn but that was foolish of me to leave the kitchen without setting a reminder.

I'm taking LO and DGD5 to summer program at library this morning. Afterwards we will eat lunch at school in next town over. Yesterday we ate lunch at our school. It cost me 700 calories to eat less than impressive food. Ham/cheese melt on a hamburger bun, applesauce, pork-n-beans, potato chips and a carton of milk. The summer lunch program did meet the goverment requirements. It had all the components of a balanced meal = protein, carb, fruit, vegetable, dairy. However, it was just blah. Maybe I'm just too picky. I don't want to spend calories on just any food.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:11 am

It is gray and cool here, which means it's a great day to go for a jog. The high is forecast to be only 76.

Hmmm.....I guess I shouldn't tell you all that ds is interning for the evil computer company this summer -- and he did last summer too. LOL! Ironically, he's not a big fan of Windows either. . . It's hard to get an internship with this company, so it's an honor that he is able to do that, especially the program he did last summer, which was a special one for only 40 students. I think they pay pretty well.

My day is off to a slow start. Dh is getting ready to go. After I say good bye to him, I'll s2s. I've already had my QT and reclaimed the kitchen and made a partial li$t for the day.

PODA:
- laundry progress
- jog
- Target
- Trade Joes
- bank
- continue getting ready to leave town Th.
- S demonstrations/presentations (for fun!) and potluck at payroll place in the evening

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:15 am

Missed saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ELIZABETH yesterday.

Today I am just puttering around. Last load of sheets in the wash. Dailies done. One file updated and statements printed out.

House is in decent shape. All the leftovers are basically gone and I need to start cooking again, but after all the kitchen duty this past week, I really don't want to. Need to get busy...need to make a plan...

I guess I am off MS radar about the updates. Now if the security programs would just let me alone... Someday we will have to do something about all this old stuff we're using. I hope to get through until we don't need the business programs we're using, then we'll see what we need and want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:50 am

Helia: we can be proud of our board baby working for the evil overlord! I know lots of people who work there and they are all wonderful. It is just that we fight against being dominated by our computers and the evil overlord needs to dominate over us in order to keep things running. We can't all go off and do our own thing or else none of the software will work as it is designed to do.

I'm s2s now and have had a healthy breakfast. I still find making an omelet a miracle. Dh walked by the pan and said, "you really have that down now don't you?" and I said I think I was ready to make one for guests. He thinks I'm well beyond that point!

Now to get moving. Dh is off to the park soon (he hopes) and has a sudden meeting (possibly as a result of yesterday's meetings by the Australian we had to dinner) this afternoon which put pressure on the car since I need it for 6 p.m. He's looking now to carpool with someone. Dinner is leftovers so I can eat before he gets home.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Good morning! I don't have to worry about what DD14 wants to do for Girls' Night Out tonight. She called me at 8 am to tell me she needs to go to the yarn store. She needs yarn to match what she has already done. The stash yarn she used was inherited from a friend's mom's stash and has not been made for decades. Not sure how successful we will be matching it. DD said close is ok. I hope it is still ok when she finishes. My other goal tonight is to determine one more day's worth of shore excursions. I need to get an estimate of total cost so I can move money around. There is also a monster yearly bill coming due in July that I need to deal with. I am hoping to hear from a traveling companion about the excursions on the day I have figured out. I am antsy and want to get that settled ASAP. Then, I will pick some other chore off my pending list, not sure which.

I have not heard whether I got the job I interviewed for Friday.

Return to “Post When You Can”