WEDNESDAY WONDERS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: WEDNESDAY WONDERS

Postby helia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Oh, lucylee, I skimmed your post and I want to give you BIG (((HUGS))). And I kind of want to giggle too - because you have captured so well how my mind works sometimes, honing in on certain topics and just spiraling them ceaselessly, kind of like a helix. Except not so orderly -- so maybe more like a tornado. I do hope the new Dr. works out for you and dmom. And anyone who looks down on you for bringing a Wmart cake should repent of their attitude. :) And they shouldn't be allowed to eat any of it.

Well, I wasn't sure what I would really do with a day to myself. Now I know. It is already 3:30 and I've managed to. .. take myself out to eat for Mexican food! :) Now, I'm really full. LOL! Why am I not surprised. . . I did walk along the public shore walkway, but after 20 minutes (and after passing the Mexican restaurant. . ), the path ended, so I turned around and went back. I did get bfast, s2s, have a QT, and move rooms as well. Our previous room was near the elevators which are grindingly loud here. I've never heard elevators make such noises before. And we weren't even right next to them. I've also texted a bit with the girls. All seems well. Dd20 texted photos yesterday of the front bushes which she had trimmed. She was worried she'd trimmed them too much. They'll grow back, and I think they make the house look neater. I've also looked around for Thai restaurants. Dh mentioned eating Thai tonight.

Dogs: Labs don't really grow out of puppyhood for 2 or 3 years. Maia is now 3 and we'd say she's still pretty puppy-ish, though she's definitely calming down. Pepper was also puppy-ish for many years, but her personality is just generally more chill than Maia's, mainly b/c Maia is SO very extremely extroverted. Her high energy can still be a nuisance for guests who don't like/don't feel comfortable around dogs as she focuses all her doggy energy and enthusiasm on being social, and some people just don't want to be social with her - and she doesn't get that, of course. I think she believes everyone in the world loves her as much as she loves everyone in the world. .. . We do crate them during small group.

Pepper walks very well on a leash. We trained her a lot when she was a pup. Maia was not trained as much as Pepper, but she naturally heels -- b/c she wants to stay as close to you as possible. We do use pinch collars when walking them (which we rarely do anymore. . ), which some people don't like. However, the trainer we took our dogs to either approved of them or was OK with them. Labs have thick fur and are actually intentionally bred to be quite impervious to pain. Originally, that was so they could bear the cold Canadian waters while retrieving birds shot into them. The pinch collars have never been a problem for us, and both dogs walk well on a leash now.

I'm going to read my moms group books now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:53 pm

Was waiting for dh but I'm pretty sure he's moving dd's motorhome. Dcampowner wanted it moved over 6'. He's narrowing campsites to 18' wide for the Fourth and there will be multiple RVs on each site. Hoping ds-A's MH will fit in front of hers & their friends from Ottawa beside them. Tight for sure. Neither dd or dh were very happy. Not much moving -it's all the doing in prep for any move. This is probably his big money-maker which goes for the big fireworks display. Parking for the Fourth began earlier this week & campers pay for every day it's on the site & extra for the Saturday, July 2, when they celebrate the 4th.

I'm eating and not waiting longer. Made a combo w/onions, potatoes, zuchinni and spicy kielbasa. Mistake. Too spicy for me. Otherwise tasty.

Where are you, Helia>SF?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Just thought I would let y'all know that I found inexpensive bullet journals at Wally World for around $4.78. They come either in a plain black or blue covering. The left side has graph paper and the right side is lined I forget the dimensions but it is the same as the expensive ones found on line and at Staples. They also have three ring notebooks the same size as these journals for $4.59 and sell fill paper for around $2.59 and dividers as well. Some of the three ring binders are come decorated and some are plain. :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:39 pm

d lucy (lots of love)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:42 pm

hi - I have noo idea where my day went to - I didn't even exercise -
I haven't had a chance to read through your posts to see how everyones day has been... hope it was a good one...but I am thinking of you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:47 pm

I love my case mate journals in various foremats. The latest one opens flat is unlined for sketching with brown paper.

I have the day off, the mom called to let me know she had overslept. So I just kept working on warping my table loom, got the warp wound on this morning, thus afternoon tied on the front header and have been working one cirrecting threadding errors. Sigh taking another break.

H. Is home now. 86* have ac on now. Clouds might be bringing some stormy weather & more humidity.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 pm

I stayed home from church tonight. I tried to talk myself into going but my desire for quiet was stronger than my self-talk.
Speaking of talking......LO talked the entire day. Non stop. And the questions! ARGH! The questions were endless. I appreciate his enthusiasm to learn but it overwhelms me when it goes on for hours. Several times I found myself wanting to write down the questions he ask. Some information he seeks makes sense. Other questions seem to have no reason for him to know the answer. example - "Why did they name a vehicle Avalanche?" and the really frustrating part is his questions start making me wonder the same thing. ;)

I am reading a book called Fervent - A Woman's Battle plan for serious, specific and strategic Prayer by Priscilla Shirer and also listening to it on Audible while I'm walking. I am enjoying it more than I expected. I am taking notes and summarizing each chapter for future reference. I find myself reading my notes from other books instead of reading the book again. I used to write in the margin of books but I had to turn each page to see my notes. Now I type the notes and so I can review them easily & quickly.

This talk about Bullet Journals has me changing the way that I keep daily journal. Today I experimented incorporating digital writing along with typing. Now that I have several years of journal in OneNote I am finding my old daily entries for each day to be priceless. I like being able to instantly look back on this day and see what I was doing in past years. I used to write on paper then scan it into that days journal page. Now that I have several years to look back on I am finding that is my favorite part of the journal (besides the pictures). Little things that I didn't expect to notice like how I organized my paper into different sections. And my handwriting has changed over the years. It isn't near as neat as it used to be. Seeing how neatly I used to write makes me slow down and write neater now.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Quick check in to say hello! I've tried to skim posts in between activities here. I did manage to keep the kitchen cleaned up, yesterday we did two loads of laundry and today I did one load, and I got the floor swept and carpet vacuumed.

There were a couple of quick trips to nearest grocery store for milk and lunchmeat, ddil and dh and dgkids went back to L owes for a gallon of paint. Our wonder of wonders came yesterday when ds & ddil said they would fix the leaky pipe in our master bath. We went to Habitat for Humanity, but didn't find anything there, so went on to L owes and bought a new sink and cabinet; then ddil said we should do something about the floor. So they bought new floor tiles, the peel & stick kind. Ds started in yesterday afternoon and with dgson and ddil helping they got the old floor tiles up. Today dh put the new tiles in and ddil said it would look nice with new paint, so that's when she went back to get the paint. So they worked all day and now ds has to attach the cabinet to the wall and connect the sink to the pipes. They wouldn't let me or dh do anything, so I gave lots of moral support. It looks so nice, like a new bathroom! Dh and I were not expecting any of this!

Last evening we played another game of dominoes, but no games tonight --- everyone is tired. But we are just enjoying being together with each other. I even went outside in the yard to field soccer balls with dgs. He is the goalie for his team and wanted to practice blocking.

Dee, I wanted to say that I'm sorry your eye Dr. appointment was not more positive. Hopefully with the new routine things will still improve. ((Hugs)).

((Lucy)). You and your dmom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cathy, Happy Birthday wishes for your dh!

Kathryn, so sorry that you have had the news of dh's dfriend's dwife in the hospital, and your dh's dbil needed a fast surgery.

I have seen information about bullet journals and they sure are interesting. Right now I am using a Day Timer planner and that works fairly well for me, along with my 3 x 5 SHE cards. I would have to think about how I would use a B J and what I wanted to keep track of.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Smiling at helia's suggestion of repentance for someone who might not appreciate a cake. Reminds me of Hyacinth Bucket looking down on another woman's homemade cake at a pot luck because it wasn't level.

This summer there will be a one-hour "prequel", btw, called Young Hyacinth, on BBC. No date announced yet, that I can find. And no decision about whether the special would become a series at all. I don't know that exploring the characters as teens will be too interesting to me, since the actors were the draw for Keeping Up Appearances in many ways. But it is being done by the creator of the original.

Sunny, what a great report about the bathroom re-do.

I don't want to "get involved" ( lol ) with a new type of planner, especially one that might cause creativity to mix in with planning! I would be so susceptible to that as a distraction!

3rd or 4th laundry load done. Outdoor chores. Vacuuming continued. Kitchen spif. Recycling. Ordered present, plus an arm-held phone carrier for dd for bicycling.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Was too busy before supper to post.

My music friend called with sad news. Two years ago she lost her grandson to SIDS and my last call she told me her niece was pregnant but she was still unable to feel happy for her. Today she said the niece has learned the child's heart is not viable and now has to decide whether or not to terminate the pregnancy. We talked a bit and we talked about how it was quite all right with me that she can't feel happy for me and if my talking about my grandchild bugs her, to let me know.

We'll get together on her birthday in July and just hang out. So, slowly things are coming around for her even though tragedy seems to be all around her. At least she is over her prescription drug addiction and is feeling way better than she has in years.

I got my stuff done for my meeting tonight, ds came and we did walking club, my meeting went well and we are home at a decent hour.

The bedroom will not be usable tonight (the flooring finish is too strong a smell still) so we'll use the spare bed. At least the smell is just in that room and not all through the apartment.

Tomorrow is wall repairs so that's plaster dust everywhere. Sigh.... Plus they are coming from 8 a.m. so I have to be up and dressed early and the bedroom protected. Will pull out some old sheets and see what else I have to cover things.

The living room is being done as well, so that's another space that will need to be covered with sheets. I don't think I have enough sheets!

Return to “Post When You Can”