Sunday July 3

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday July 3

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:51 pm

33 mph wind gusts here and 20 mph sustained winds here now. So glad to say we grilled at the perfect time today. I picked up more prunings. We cleaned up the grill area. Kitchen has been spiffed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Dh and I napped for an hour. Dh decided he didn't want a large dinner so he had a grilled cheese and I made up my stir fry. We just finished eating a short time ago.

This afternoon our city church refugee has been discussing via email whether or not to take on another family (our application for 2 is languishing because they are not Syrian.) We've been offered a family of 7, with 40% of the funding coming from the government. That leaves a short-fall in money of $3 to $10K (depending on how things go with our first family) and one of the members offered to guarantee the money end of things.

Ken and I have had to say we can't be part of this application because we are already responsible for 11 people and if their arrivals overlap we'd be run off our feet. Of course, if one of our other applications is rejected by the government we would work with this family. So much to think about.

Dd has announced their move date is the 23rd so I will be busy with that as well. Must add that to my bullet journal calendar. Not doing it faithfully but much more faithfully than counting calories!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Logged another 3 hours of cutting fabric for cat mats. I was at the library longer than that because I made sure to take a few breaks to walk around, drink water, and sit in a comfy chair to read the newspaper. Don't want to wreck my back by bending over the cutting table too long.

It was quite pleasant work, though, because I searched for music to play on one of the computers. With no one else in the building, I didn't have to worry about making noise and I could listen to whatever I wanted. Today's selections were over an hour of Celtic instrumental music, half a dozen Sting songs, and a full album of Carlos Santana's greatest hits. I hope there are no hidden cameras there to catch me dancing. :lol:

I'm not really in the mood to watch tv tonight. Will read instead.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:35 pm

Wonderful evening w the cousins. They are gone, we've put away the perishables and will deal with the rest in the morning. Too tired to walk the dog, but he had a busy evening visiting and playing.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Sunday
train to city, Cathedral. Nadoc week so Indigenous participation .
Walked through stores. Jeans seem to be impossible to buy with my wish list.

Walked across bridge, through southbank (some people in the pools at the 'beach'!!!) 1 stop on the train home.
napped on couch.

dog awakenings thru night.
today. cool - for here. blanket sarong.
dd2 says no to sleepover here (relief) and yes to visiting tomorrow. Art gallery seems to be our target as DD1's cleaner will be doing his thing.

imho aka soapbox
Political commentary continues, even with few new votes hitting the space as they get absentee votes and postal votes in to correct divisions. Nothing is declared officially, though some outcomes are fairly certain.
Its fairly certain major parties are talking to 'others' to see if some can be sort of 'good friends'.
The inane questions of journalists annoy me. If it ends up pretty even, chances are old lot will continue 'in'.
Depends on maybe 10 or so seats.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Inane commentary annoys me too. Glad I don't pay for cable TV.

Have been working on next week's sermon prep. It is the Good Samaritan. May preach a series on Colossians instead since I have 3 weeks in a row at the retirement home.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Red Flag Warnings up fires across the state. Sigh! I watered the yard with the hose it was dry after today's winds. It is rather unnerving this weekend. Glad winds seemed to have slowed down. I put up the roosts in the coop hens may want to go in away from the noise at some point this weekend.

Return to “Post When You Can”