What it is Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

What it is Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:23 am

Sorry, no clever title today but I need to be moving!

Make of Wednesday what you need!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: What it is Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:04 am

Thanks, Twins.

See dh is next door. I'm foregoing coffee this morning. Didn't really feel all that well yesterday after drinking it. Afraid the caffeine was messing with my heart rhythm so I'll stay off it for a few days and see. Now what to drink in place of????? :?:

Got up around 7:30. Had cramps in my right leg last night and had to walk it off a couple of times. Had come out to the recliner at one point, went back into bed but dh had taken up the whole bed. :?

Aha! It is not dh next door with our cart -it's actually the other guy who works part time and is an extreme talker (and a not-so-nice one at that). Thought it strange that dh was there for so long when he's working. Dh will try to hide when he sees him coming sometimes. :? Glad I didn't meander over there.

I've gotten a lot of odds & ends done so far. At least the RV is not in a CHAOS state any more. Some of my orders from W mart came yesterday along with a new windshield for our cart. Still have my printer and a new ceramic skillet to arrive. Hopefully that will be today. 2 boxes are the 3-drawer units -supposed to be 4. Would like to get the ones in the bathroom washer closet at least. Then I can get dh's clothes put away (they're sitting on the couch at the moment.)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:19 am

Hi!!

I have been up since 7. At least 1 sink full of dishes along with all sorts of knives and other implements have been washed. I have done some stitching. I have also done some paper moving. Trying to clear off this table in here but it is a jumbled mess. So I am putting it all on the island and then moving it back to the table later. The table is a large plastic work table sold at large stores that SHEs love to go in for office supplies. I has been covered with a dollar store plastic tablecloth since I brought it in the house to designate it as the one for inside the house. Dh has 2 more of them in the garage and he gets them really dirty. ... any ways... I will be working on paper later.

Another hot day here. Designated as a "heat alert" by the weather people.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:26 am

Dee: Hot water with lemon or mint. Or cold water with mint leaves or cucumber for a hint of flavour. To cut back on my aspartame I often do sparkling water with 5 frozen raspberries in it.

I'm up, s2s, having my tea now. Put clean sheets on the bed and will move the other sheets from the washer to the dryer when I go for my cereal.

What will I make of today?

Time with dd this morning.

Eye appointment mid afternoon.

Awaiting the vote results from the refugee committee.

Spend time wrestling with the ideas in my head for the sermon. Will take my preaching notebook and start writing some of them down to see if I have enough. Or anything. Had an insight to my August 7 sermon while changing the sheets so that's a note currently sitting on my dresser.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:30 am

Wednesday is my low-key day of the week. I only have 1 class at payroll, I've already gotten my groc. shopping done (Mondays), and I don't have any regularly scheduled meetings, like WW on Fridays. Though, I could switch to a Wednesday meeting and make Friday my low-key day. . .

Anyhow, I got up fairly early today. Dh and I were at the arboretum for a jog by 7:15 a.m. Still, it was quite a humid ordeal. *phew* My jog was not stellar, but I tried jogging up part of the big hill. I just went up about 1/4 mile and then turned around. I didn't want to completely wear myself out. I'm going to try adding that in prep for hiking up mountains in about a month. Since then, I haven't done too much - have taken care of some emails, worked on lists, looked over a quiz and a review sheet I might tweak for classes Th. and F.

What will I make of today?
- trip to Target, mainly for pet supplies
- trim forsythia bushes? I should do that early before it gets too hot
- payroll stuff, lots of prep to do. Both classes have a quiz later this week. One class will need a review. I was going to assign a selfie presentation for one class, due T (T-Th class), but I'm not sure I'll be ready for that by tomorrow.
- be at payroll, of course, to teach my class, 3:30 - 5:30. Also, I'm going to get there early to talk to another teacher re: how to set up a what's app group for my classes for selfie presentations - and homework assignment publication. Today is a Muslim holiday so many students will be absent.
- dinner: just dd18 and myself. Dh has just left on a quick trip to DC. Chicken curry, rice, steamed asparagus

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:51 am

I noticed the ddog was limping last nite but seems okay today but will give her a break from walking this morning. I need to think about some crafting today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:57 am

Another set of cousins is to be here today to visit dmom - I'm feeling stressed. Not sure why I decided to take a lasagne out of the freezer and fix lunch at mother's but I did. I'm so sorry to be an overachiever. At least I realized I can't make bread this morning - we are completely out of sugar - I used the last of it on Sunday in the peach cobbler. The bread only takes 1/4 cup but I am completely out and not going to the store for it!

Right now:
-change clothes and walk the dog
-s2s
-get together paper goods et al to go to mother's
-kitchen clean up, empty dishwasher
-take out kitchen trash
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:08 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Came downstairs this morning to discover that unexpected storms briefly knocked out electricity sometime between 2 & 6AM.

So far this morning:
* washed a few dishes, left the rest soaking in the sink
* breakfast muesle with fresh blueberries, yum!
* watched a soothing short video about the British countryside
* financial reports for the library group, double-checked the math and sent out to the other officers
* a shockingly long amount of time writing & replying to emails about sewing cat mats on Saturday, trying to round up at least 2 more volunteers

Priority for today: Must catch up on paper filing for the library group before tonight's meeting. Everything is in the tote bag so I know I can find it, but there are also duplicate copies and extraneous papers. If I file everything properly in my 3-ring binders, I'll know it's safe to toss out the extras.

I stayed up too late last night. Need a nap.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:40 am

Great minds, Kathryn. Ended up having hot water w/lemon & some honey. Really tasted good to me!

DD and dgs11 are here. She's doing some lessons for her new class so using my Wi-Fi.

Went next door for a chat w/friends while I sipped my cup.

Did all my balance class exercises just before I went over. Takes me about 25-30 minutes. But they're done for today. Need to be as diligent with those as my walking. 78 days so far. Some days in this heat haven't been so great and last night my right knee went out so very little then -but at least I did some. :)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:53 am

Robin Williams - What it is!
Jeffrey Jaquet - What it was!
Robin Williams - What it will be!
(Mork and Eugene greet each other in Fred's Music Store, 1978)

A smart eating day yesterday had placed me at a good scale number. Not a loss, a sameness. :) Sameness is good.

Trash Day
Handled all the recyclables and trash this morning, all the way to closing the cans, tada.
Like helia, trying to do outside things early.

Really exhausting to be out in this soup we're calling "air" these days.

Storms here, too - a cousin called to relate that an ancient front-yard walnut tree was hit and badly damaged by a lightening strike, possibly dead. One of two that sort of "framed" the house for longer than I have memory and beyond, so rather sad.

Dee, tsk, tsk, tsk. Those of us who are "talkers" have a great responsibility to have something nice to say!

Return to “Post When You Can”