Step It Up Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Step It Up Monday

Postby BookSaver » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:36 am

August 1 :shock: ! I haven't finished any of the projects I wanted to do this summer. All of the store ads are showing Back to School theme so that's the signal to Step It Up now or I will never be ready for winter.

DH had bad sinus pain all day Saturday -- a 24 hour virus going around town, which I had had a few days before. He had to lie down mid-day which delayed lunch, and that threw off the rest of my day ... which threw off Sunday as well. Oh bother.

Good news from the library. I stopped by over the weekend and saw that the temporary wall between the new and old sections has been removed and the new flooring is finally being installed in the old section. :) Renovations had stalled for several weeks but we are hopeful that everything will keep moving now. (The original timeline had everything completed in February, thus we are several months behind schedule.) I'm excited to see how much will be done when I go to work at 3.

Before then, my 5x3:
* cuop -- I'm behind at least a week if not more
* 4 loads laundry
* bookkeeping & begin month-end reports for library group
* check for leaks in the lavatory P trap I replaced last night
* begin deep cleaning the upstairs powder room

The lavatory sink drain took 3 sets of parts from 3 different stores before I finally found the right combination of pieces to fit. At least, I hope they're right this time. :|

The washer has stopped. Time to flip loads.

Keep moving.

blessedw2

Re: Step It Up Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:44 am

hi d book!!!

I haven't done anything I wanted to do ... I tend to get caught up in others lives
today's hopes:

bathrooms
laundry room
put away laundry
weed
visit uncle in hospital
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 am

Sigh slept an hr. Longer than I did yesterday. I was going to go early to the store but have to wait till Rx is open. Will have to wait , sipping black coffee while I process strange dreaming. It is cooler 58*good for fire fighters. I cannot believe it is Aug. Already. Ack!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:05 am

hi dnancy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:47 am

Morning. Hi, BookSaver - great news about "unveiling" of large new library space.

Nancy, those fires are in news here, briefly. Sobering stuff.

I haven't done anything I wanted to do ... I tend to get caught up in others lives - blessedw2

True words. This can be as small as missing the meal I intended, to as large as a whole project that is postponed for lack of time. Well, I could probably think of other "as large as" examples but I don't want to depress myself!

Dd is already off to work.

I have a DPCall or two to make.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:54 am

Good morning, everyone. We're finally back from our trip. Got back late yesterday afternoon but then had a dinner date and dominoes about 45 minutes later. I was EXHAUSTED! Enjoyed our time in PA and then drove up to our hometown, Oxford, NY, for alumni weekend and dh's class reunion. So nice to see lots of old friends. Actually had a tour of our old school Saturday morning and we both thoroughly enjoyed that. It's a beautiful building and has had lots of improvements and upgrades following severe flooding in 2006 & 2007. It's upgraded to the point now that the building will stand for a very long time. It's now a Middle School and the High School is on the other side of town. When we went there it was K-12 and we were the first Kindergarten class and even way back then we went all day. Traveled almost 800 miles and I'm ready to be home.

Was sad to find that one of dh's dearest friends was diagnosed with bone cancer when he got up there from FL this spring and they only gave him 8 months to live. He received a very distinctive award Friday night and I'm glad he was able to be there to receive it. He did make it to the reunion but only for a while and then went back home to northern central NY. Knew as soon as I saw him (recognized him but) that something was dreadfully wrong. I think, a lot because of him, they've now decided to get together every 2 years instead of 5. It should be the year for my class reunion but almost doubt they will have one -didn't 3 years ago. Since we were both graduates of the same school and only 2 years apart we know lots of others there. Spent the weekend with my Aunt (the one who is 22 days my senior) and Uncle. Hadn't seen them in 2 years either and it was so good. We really grew up as almost sisters.

I've been to the Dr's office for blood work this morning and picked up the paperwork for a handicap tag. Went to the village office and was sent to the town office. So glad for that! The Clerk came in and had been outside and took my paper and said, "I thought that was you!!!" I had thought I recognized her but wasn't sure -turned out she was our old neighbor where we lived for 40 years. What a nice reunion! But I didn't have the right township -had to go about 10 miles to another because of our residence. So now have a handicap tag and dh will be happy. I've been putting it off for a time. Don't need it a lot of the time, but there are times. And I find a lot of handicap spots are not nearly as handy as a regular spot anyway. But facts are there are times I need and always walk with a cane now and if I'm doing a lot of walking -a walker. So a fact of progressing on the date trail.

I haven't even cuop and will try to do that over the next few days. I did post the Joys & Concerns thread for August so that's ready to go. That'll probably be my first cuop.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:55 am

Hi blessedw2, Nancy, Harriet & Dee. :)

I'm trying to keep on the move. Fixed a good big breakfast and prepped the ingredients for lunch so it won't take long to cook later. Half of the laundry is done. Can't find an invoice I need for documentation; I remember paying it at the library so may have left it in my file there.

In thinking back over the summer so far, I am reminded that I did finish some big outside projects -- 2 fund-raising events for the library, a major event for the sewing group that was over a year in planning, and the add-on cat mat project for animal shelters -- but ran into detours on projects for the house. Now that those big outside projects are done, though, I should be able to go full steam ahead on the house. Unless I just jinxed it ... :?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:57 am

Good morning and Happy August! I've actually been dreading August because we're traveling so much, particularly the end of the month into Sept. This week I have Mon - Wed and then we are leaving for a Friday wedding on OH for dh's nephew. Home Saturday evening probably. I think dd gets to ATL on the 16th, and we are flying away to DC for a long weekend on the 17th. Then two trips beginning on the Thurs before labor day - Sept 1 - and away until Sept 10 except for about 24 hrs at home. I'll get through somehow, tho.

At least this year Rosh Hashanah isn't until Oct 2 so that gives me time to get ready for that occasion.

Dd put up a photo of herself on facebook yesterday from Berat Albania. She looks beautiful and happy. Wonder who took the pic? 8-)

This is a short week - fortunately, not too much that has to happen this week before we can get away.

PODA:
-figure out what I need to do to stop Windows 10 from zooming in or out all the time while I'm typing
-make sauce for lasagne
-recopy and finalize the insurance form for my ring
-return a DPC to an elderly family friend. This is about the fifth phone call in as many days - she has invited us for dinner (now at a restaurant) when her college age grandson is in town. (I just did this, so it's off my list....found out that dh had already called her back, too.)

Right now, I need to change out of pajamas, start a lol, and get the dog out for a walk at the greenway in the shade. Why can't I get going earlier? I've been up since 8 a.m. and have been here at the computer.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:13 am

On the beach up against rocks trying to stay in the shade. Dh is sunning. I decided to join him since it was my only chance to see the open ocean. Gave up the parade to come.

I am enjoying listening to the waves but too restless to read and too thirsty to walk. The car and the drinks are almost a mile hike away. I have to stop listening to dh when it comes to bringing snacks with us as we leave the car.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Good morning! My day started with a crash in the daily runs, probably due to the server going down. My first job is to fix it. Friday's report problem is, as I suspected, trivial. I need only move the report to the proper location. However, in discussing this with our local expert, we realized that there were other things I need to fix. His previous group learned the hard way that shared datasets do not behave as the word "shared" would imply. I have to quit using them, so the report needs to be modified for this. Also, there is a problem using subreports as a header and that needs to be fixed. After all the fixes, the report can be loaded to the proper place. Three old reports also use shared datasets, so that has to be fixed.

I did get to bed at a reasonable hour. DD14 is used to doing everything in the morning (cook lunch, shower, pack, etc). Early does not work in my house! She is learning to do things the night before. I got her to camp on time and must remember to pick her up at 4. I have two alarms set. Then, she will have to hang out in my office and read for a while.

One of our few remaining cat fosters had an aneurysm and is in the hospital. The dogs have already been removed. There are two cats. Her husband is taking care of them and their chickens and ducks, but on a minimal level, because mostly he is at the hospital. The cats are safe, but we will need to figure out what to do with them. She is not expected to return to 100% functioning.

At home, my highest priority will be webwork. There is also a small amount of LOL put away, I got most of it done last night. I need a haircut before Saturday's party. It is for the daughter of my xBFF. I need to go because my traveling companion is staying with them and we will plan our shore excursions. She is relying on my research, but I am not sure if that is the best thing for her. I was looking only for myself and eliminated without much thought anything that said 'coffee' or 'chocolate', two substances I hate. However, they remain on the list with times and prices, so at least she will know they exist. My spreadsheet has EVERYTHING. That's just the way I am. I need a haircut so I will look smashing (the other woman usually looks tired and always leaves early). There is also 20 pounds less of me. More due to thyroid meds changes than any virtuous behavior on my part. That alone will annoy her. DD14 says her house is always on a diet, both the x and the other woman. Although she is normal-to-skinny weight, walks or rides a bike to school, and seldom sits at a screen, they worry about DD's weight too. I know this because she asked me if she had diabetes and no one had told her. They push the no-sugar, no-carbs thing so strong, she thought she must be ill. Fortunately, her mom (me!) does not do any form of dieting except to avoid an allergen.

Return to “Post When You Can”