Saturday Say It!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday Say It!

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:34 pm

paddle wheel steamers like in Mark Twain days

Oh what a wonderful thing to see. I would think the paddles going round and round would be memorizing.

RR- Thank you! Your information prompted me to change the wording in my typing search and lead me to one that looks promising. It allows for the practice keystrokes to be given in short burst. Thank you!

I have been up and going for 15 hours. I'm going to kick my feet up and enjoy watching an episode before time for sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day from 8am to 8pm.

Sweet Dreams!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Dh helped build one of those paddle wheel boats several years ago. It has trips daily on Lake Ontario. He moved from building to being First Mate for quite a few years. Used to go in once in a while and take trip and we'd have dinner on board. Need to go do it again one of these days.

Waiting on a storm to hit here. Keep getting the warnings but think the brunt is passing just west of us, going north. Wonder if Cathy is getting any. Know dstepgs got a real bad storm about an hour ago. We could see where the radar was very red along the coast of Ontario/east of Niagara.

We were at friends and came home to unplug the computer. Now it seems fairly quiet out there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:11 pm

These paddle wheel boats were parked so no turning wheels today. The come up from Portland, Ore. Takes nearly a week bc they cannot operate at night it costs nearly a thousand dollars quite spendy.

Dinner is done. I need to bring the summer wreath down stairs it is dry now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:57 pm

Storm is hitting to our south and east right now. I'm wondering if it is circling back from the east because the lightening appears to be getting closer. The market town that I used to go to is getting hammered at the moment and is under a tornado warning. That's just 10 miles from CM & CFs and he's home alone with the kids tonight (CM is away this weekend) so he's battening down the hatches there.

From up here we are just watching and enjoying nature.

Hopefully the cold front will push through before long, it is so humid here and I had the apartment open all day because tonight was supposed to be cool. Instead they've upped the low to 65, not enough to cool down the inside of the apartment. Not hot compared to my southern SHE friends but muggy.

I've had a good birthday. Ds came over and we went out to dinner. He's been off work for 2 days now in extreme dental pain. Couldn't sleep on Thursday morning so had an emergency dental appointment in the afternoon. The freezing from that got him to sleep in the mid afternoon (he'd been up over 27 hours at that point) but he had to leave work through the night and check into the ER for pain relief. Left with a prescription for morphine which has just been numbing a bit, enough to sleep but he still can't eat. Was also given a prescription for naproxen. Didn't know it was also called Aleve so paid for that to be filled as well. He now has a vial of pills from me in case it doesn't settle down before the 6 pills the doctor prescribed run out. Poor baby.

I'm stuffed, though, so brought home leftovers from dinner.

Will shut down now and watch the storm.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Forgot to say that my theology class got cancelled so I've withdrawn from the semester. I had been thinking I put too much on my calendar this fall, and so the cancellation of the class answered that question for me and gave me a chance to correct that mistake.

First benefit is I'm now free for a concert with MF in a couple weeks. That's a big bonus.

On the other hand, if I interpret this a God signalling me that I need to cut back, does that mean that my refugee family is coming very soon?!!!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:35 pm

Happy Birthday to Kathryn.

LM - another idea for learning to type was to have a screen shot of the key board on the screen, and then to practice typing the alphabet without looking at the actual keyboard. It was a game I used to play by myself to see how much I could do in the 15 min.

tai chi and shopping on Saturday.
church and chemist on Sunday. At last a sunny day again to get some washing on the line.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”