SIMPLE SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SIMPLE SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:53 am

Just keep it simple today. Enjoy a day of 'rest' -well sort of anyway.

There was a huge party here yesterday. A group decided they wanted a good ol' fashion (at least for here) party. There had to be 100-150 people there, band and all. It was held in one of the pavilions and they had prepared for wind and rain. Good thing -we ended up with over an 1" -most it's rained since last year some time.

I'm still recovering from company and lots of who-ha the end of the week. I think I'm all ready for church except for breakfast and getting out clothes for dh. (My Sunday task).

Need to Swiffer my floors today. Dishes are still waiting to be put away but at least I don't have any waiting to be washed.

Trying to decide what to fix for dinner. Could fix chili -have all the fixings. Want to eliminate things from fridge, freezer and cupboards while leaving things for dh to eat in the 2 weeks he'll be here.

Hi there, MT!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Emptynester

Re: SIMPLE SUNDAY

Postby Emptynester » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:13 am

Good morning all.
I'm enjoying the cool mornings here but the afternoons still are in the mid 90's.

Dog is nagging me to get dressed for our walk. I'm still tryin to get my eyes open

DD#1 had an online clothes party last week and I picked up clothes from post office yesterday. I bought 2 skirts , a tunic and 3 pair of tights. OnE skirt is black, white and grey and the other geometric in teal, navy and yellow. Going to wear the black and white to church. Still too hot for the tights.

Better get my tea steeping and find some dog walking clothes.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:48 am

I am up simple sounds good to me. Ddog went back to bed. I had coffeee & qt did my journal, fed hens, had my breakfast. That is all so far.

With fall only days away and one journal nearly full I have a theme for the next one yea!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Hello, ladies!
I hope it is a simple Sunday around here.
I made it to church, in spite of the fact that I drove over halfway home and we got in around 2:30 a.m.!
I was so glad I did bc ddil came and I think it's the first time ever that she has gotten herself and both grands to church on her own! Ds is out of town this weekend.
DH did not go -- he was sick at his stomach all night Friday and after eating tailgate sandwich, he felt worse! He ate roast beef; I had turkey. He actually threw up at halftime --TMI, but that's how bad he felt. He was scared to eat or drink anything else afterwards, but I got him to drink some Gatorade and eat some pretzels on the way home and when I got home from church, he said he felt better.

I am feeling VERY virtuous.
I have
* s/s bathrooms
* emptied/aired out humidifier
* watered plants
* taken allergy shots
* wrote check for paper man
* wiped out refrigerator
* double-checked grocery list & coupons
* cleaned up lunch dishes (w/dh's help)
* refilled all my meds & dmom's meds for the week
* read the paper

NOW -- nap time. Should I call dmom beforehand -- b/c I really don't want to talk to her. ;) Her team won a VERY exciting nailbiter of a game; ours lost horribly, disappointingly, embarrassingly. She will try to be nice & sympathetic, but she will want me to listen to her talk about how nerve-wracking "her" game was and she cannot understand that no, it is not "all good" as long as one of our state teams is having a good year...
* sheesh *
ALSO... talking to her is still so depressing to me b/c she has sooo many multiple health issues and it just overwhelms me.
And it is depressing to me b/c --
-- the reason I said I will be just like her if I am ever in her situation as a widow, is b/c I already have such a dependent relationship on dh... can't travel without him, can't travel WITH him w/dmom, can't travel with dmom or anyone else... don't even like to go shopping with others... no real "hobbies" except reading... Yeah, I can see me just curling up on the couch and reading/napping/watching tv the rest of my life, too.
:cry:

Anyway. I will call her and if * WONDER OF WONDERS * she HAPPENS not to be home I will leave a message that I am (1) napping after arriving home at 2:30 am and awaking at 7:30 am for church AND (2) I do not wish to discuss football, congratulations to you & yours and God bless you. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Good morning all!!! Happy Sunday!

I love the title! I think its so easy to get caught up in the business of life and forget how to just enjoy the simplicity of the day. Thank you I love the reminder.

Hope your day is wonderful!

virtuous Lucy! I love it!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:59 pm

I am trying to go back to daily card file while I am in such a mess. Dailies used to be just a normal thing but now I am not getting dailies, weeklies, focus or anything done.

I also see that when I was stressed out over the last couple of months bc of duties to others that I forgot doing things that gave me joy. That is something I have to plan on before the weeks get filled up again with things I can't control.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:25 pm

I am trying to go back to daily card file while I am in such a mess. Dailies used to be just a normal thing but now I am not getting dailies, weeklies, focus or anything done.
I also see that when I was stressed out over the last couple of months bc of duties to others that I forgot doing things that gave me joy. That is something I have to plan on before the weeks get filled up again with things I can't control.

Oh my, how I do resemble those remarks, Blessed!!! (((HUGS)))
I am virtuous today b/c I DID follow my cards/check list, but most of this week, that has been pretty much non-existent.

I think I have it in my head -- no matter what any of you post -- I have it in my head that you are all just waltzing through your days... first doing the dailies * before 10:00 a.m. * ... and then the weeklies and zone chores... and that you probably have THOSE done before I get out of bed and finish my breakfast & vitamins... and then all the little interruptions to your days, well, those are just interruptions into all the fine charity and community and church work you must all be doing, or time you could spend visiting with families, or playing the piano or painting watercolor portraits or becoming master gardeners or SOMETHING... all while wearing pearls and high heels ala June Cleever... :shock: b/c I KNOW that YOU are not struggling out there like I am here, LOL. It doesn't matter what any of you post about frustrations and stuff, see, IN MY HEAD, you are all living wonderfully organized lives and your zone work is never un-done.
You mean to tell me this is not true???

LOL!!! :lol: I know you all have different struggles and different situations that pull you in millions of different directions -- it's just so easy to fall into the habit of thinking everyone else MUST be managing better than one is in the midst of one's own particular circumstances, right?

I did call dmom, and I did talk about football a bit,
and no she did not go to church...
b/c she just can't get up and get her make-up and hair done... she has GOT to get a her hair cut and colored, yada yada yada...
BUT -- she does seem to be s l o w l y ... with the very t i n i e s t baby steps of ALL tiny baby steps ever... slowly making progress to sleeping somewhat better. So. I was a t i n y bit encouraged.

And now, I am ready to take my nap, having fulfilled all my duties for this day, until dh is ready to go to Wmart.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:07 pm

We were supposed to do a store run this morning that did not happen. I ended up getting a load of donations ready to go and loaded in the rig. I still need to s2s have not walked ddog. :roll: But feel like I am making progress.

Rethinking knitting, it is not helping me to get to important stuff and more of a distraction sigh so I am sorting SHE w kon marie style decluttering.

Inspired by neighbors up the st. That sold their place to a cousin having a yd. sale.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:41 pm

well done d lucy! I had to laugh when you said that you resemble me... lol hope you don't ... Chaos ensues here at my house. Right now its not so much a a home... its a shocker :shock: The card file really does work to make my house a home... now I just have to get focused and get back to basics. You made me giggle - on how you saw all of us. I wish I could post a picture right now so you can see the reality in my home right now.

also to you d nancy on decluttering thoughts !

hi d mt! i love to see you posting!!!

oh my gosh How fun d dee.. lots of people for sure!

since I woke up so late ... hiding in shame 11:30 (I woke at 8 when dd younger went to work) and this late night stuff has been for the night owls - not me 8-) No one wanted to bother me but I wish they did! But it was my own doing that I slept so late.

all my paperwork and bill listing is done! I want to do a menu but with d mom still in town and all of us eating out with her has made menu planning fall the the way side.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Where IS everybody today???
Are y'all all out waltzing in pearls and high heels?
;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”