THURSDAY TA DAHS!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

THURSDAY TA DAHS!

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:30 am

What are the small ta-das that you can claim today?

My DO-Over yesterday fell flat, today I'm counting ta dahs and celebrating what does get done today!

Regardless of what's happening otherwise, there are some happy occasions and accomplishments along the way.

Let's hear about your ta-dahs today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

helia

Re: THURSDAY TA DAHS!

Postby helia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:37 am

Good morning Twins! I like Ta Dahs. My only ta dah so far today is getting up at a decent hour -- but I'm frittering that away on this machine.

Here are some potential TaDahs!
Before I leave at 8:30:
- feed ddogs
- s2s and self care
- reclaim kitchen

Later:
- moms group, out 8:30 - 12
- finish a.m. routine
- lunch
- go buy cream for the recipe tonight
- finish scoring students' presentations from T.
- s/s main bathroom
- slice and pound the pork tenderloin for dinner tonight
- prep for class; not much to do since there are a lot of S presentations today
- email director
- otd again around 2:45 to payroll
- home again around 6, hopefully
- cook and get ready for Th. dinner crew. They'll start arriving around 6 pm. They'll all be gone by 9, I think.
- kitchen clean

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:15 am

Hi everyone!

Ta da!! I took out most of the garbage and all of the recycling. I felt the garbage bag was getting too heavy. There is a weight limit, and I don't want to push it. There was also 2 weeks worth of cat litter to get rid of. On the other hand, not that they compare, the recycling box was less than one third full.

It seems that dh and I are responsible for taking all of the windows and broken frames and all that to the local dump. Even though the window guys aren't coming back until Monday, they left piles of garbage everywhere. Library, kitchen and 2 places in the living room. None of the blinds are going back up. Partly because we are now going to repaint every room in the house. I had been considering doing that this fall and dh thinks it would be best to do it now while the house is upside down and messy any way.

I think I will be going to get ceiling paint for the kitchen today.

Tonight for supper we are having left over pasta from last night and the chicken from the night before.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:24 am

Wow, Cathy. Your window guys don't sound very professional. I can't believe they left that mess for you and dh to take care of. It also seems incredible that they asked to use your dh's tools! Good job getting the garbage and recycling out. I bet your cat is happy. :)

You reminded me -- I need to scoop Lily's litter.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:26 am

tada -
it was morning today, book open and light on, but I had a goodly sleep
MR as if I might drive to city outskirts, and I did after checking country wide radar.
just 5 min late. missed traffic jams
post group coffee shop with others, (I ate the lunch I took)
read a few pages and napped
walk - shorter because it started to drizzle, but today I at least made it otd.
dinner at a timely time, and caught up on all the washing up before my reminder alarm went off.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:31 am

I also got up early - 6:45 - was partly awake when the alarm went off. Also went to regular vet's office with reports from trainer and the specialty vet yesterday and he is to call me later. (This is the vet we had with Macs and Moses, too, once we moved here.) He is to call me later today.

Also re started a load of laundry that I washed yesterday and left there overnight. Cooler weather here, hoping it's okay.

Right now:
-breakfast
-refill meds/vitamins, take meds/vitamins, also ibuprofen for achy back and arm
-move laundry in washer over, start another load
-clear up kitchen counters, wipe (big sigh. DD cooked last night and altho she tells me how she cleans up I find stuff on the counters not wiped up, discarded sugar packets from her coffee, et al)
-clear breakfast bar counter

I blew off the walk with neighbor this morning - sounded like she wasn't thrilled about it and I feel achy anyway. Maybe later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:33 am

I'm up and s2s, my #'s read and recorded. Now for meds and breakfast. My first ta-da will be to strip our bed. Bringing out the flannels and will remake it after I get the ones on there washed (we have to lift the bed to get to them and I don't want to have to lift it twice. It's so heavy!)

It's been raining and is very dreary out there and chilly. Dh is going to let me in (on the sly) to the rec hall so I can do laps around there. He was supposed to take a deck apart this morning (and it's being a BEAR -there's 4 different kinds of screws holding it together). Doubt he'll get to it this morning with the rain.

Have to get the rest of my morning routine so I'll be ready to go to the laundry room in 1/2 hour. (Dh is coming to pick me up.)

Think I may have another ball of wax to juggle. In my class yesterday I mentioned to dfriend that I still hadn't seen results for my DXA scan 3 weeks ago. So she looked it up & found the images but no 'results'. She later talked to my Dr. and then called me. Dr. looked at the images and said she could see a slight change in my hips from when I had the last one done but she'd contact hospital and ask for their results. She believes it will still be the "osteopenia" diagnosis and not advanced to osteoporosis. But, dfriend also told her I was having discomfort in my lower back and Dr. says it wouldn't show in the scan and is most likely arthritis -I agree. SO......now am getting booked for x-rays of my back. It's not horrible but I know it's there and things like doing the dishes result in my back hurting quite a bit and I have to rest after. I could feel it walking and sometimes it's more than others. Last night I could feel some discomfort and stiffness. So I'm waiting for that phone call. Want it done soon enough that we can discuss it when I have my appointment on the 12th.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:25 am

Have news on train wreck in NJ. Hoboken. H. PHas left for work he took 4 doz. Eggs with him. Hens have been fed, time to make more coffee. After flu shot yesterday my arm was stiff when I got up today. Bs was up, sinus issues. Sigh. I need to spiff m bed room. X

Waving to all. Get moving has helped. I have dishes loaded and ready to start. Filled all water bottles including soda stream. Some laundry rounded up tomorrow is laundry day here.

Floors need attn.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:34 am

Dd got back (she went to a.m. meeting) and I plied the dog with treats while she got coffee. Same for when ds came downstairs. Giving him positive reinforcement when they are around. Feeling rough (See J&C - may need to "put down" ddog because of aggressive behavior.)

I got those few things done - ta dah!

Next up:
-make the bed
-s2s
-clear kitchen table
-take out brisket to thaw
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper on my desk

Kathryn, I just can't seem to get the hang of the bullet journal. Tips? Tricks?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:40 am

More.....issues with HP printer. I read online this morning that an HP update had caused printers to not work with non-HP cartridges, but our cartridges are all HP. It's printed sporadically when I've reset it.

Trying to decide whether to wait for HP software update, go through the cleaning print heads, or just chuck it in and buy a new printer. This one is four years old - purchased new when we moved here, and we've never had an issue with it before....

Auuuugh. I hate first world problems.

Skipping prior list for the moment, will circle back.

Going to walk the dog around the block a few times, and reboot the laundry, then will continue with previous plan. The sunlight will be good for me.

Return to “Post When You Can”