T G I F and the last day of September 2016

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: T G I F and the last day of September 2016

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:56 pm

I truly do not what I'd do without you ladies.

I totally agree with this. Somedays I feel like this group is my link to sanity. :D

I'm watching DGD5 take her bath. She talks non-stop e.v.e.r.y. second of the day. Sometimes she and DS8 get into arguments because the other one won't hush so they can have their turn to talk. Sad to say - but I have learned to somewhat tune most of the babble out and just monitor the tone.

Bath is over. *POOF*ing to get her into pj's. 5 minutes until her 7pm bedtime.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Back from yard sale got w pr. Jeans h tee shirt that fit! One black pr. For nice and a blue pr. To replace some I need to declutter. I have them cut off h in the was now.

One tee shirt has Mickey Mouse on it to replace the other one that wore out I ware as work shirts when pkkid is here. I work M-Th next week.
2nd load of laundry is going now.

Dd is at dil's for a few hrs. I think this is good dil is a counselor.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:29 pm

LadyMaverick wrote:I have learned to somewhat tune most of the babble out and just monitor the tone.

Ditto for me and Arabic. I know my name, their names, the translators names and a few other terms so sort of tune in and out depending on if I think they'll want/need my attention. On the other hand, tone can be telling and there was an intense discussion on the way home after the bank Wednesday. Not a clue what about.

Of course, unlike you, I'm not expected to be listening.

Lucylee Bathrooms are my #1 skipped item. Specifically toilets. Tubs get wiped down regularly while we are in them, sinks get done when I have an extra minute. Toilet needs thought and planning. Dusting is a close second but can be done while talking on the phone with a friend so stands a better chance of getting done. I use one of Flylady's feather dusters for that task and I find they work fairly well if you hit things regularly.

Dd and I were just talking about our childhood dolls. She's not sure where hers is at the moment (they haven't finished unpacking. I said mine went away when she was born and wasn't pulled out for about 20 years. She recalled asking to be buried with hers when she was little (around 5). I've blocked that conversation out! She said I said that would be fine, and it sounds like something I would do. Glad she recalls me as a supportive mother.

It is 8:30 and I need another 5K steps for the day. I wonder if dh will take me for a walk? He hasn't been out of the apartment today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:59 pm

CI - played today & goofed off so working later tonight. Laumdry is going now 2 loads in 2 to do. One folded and put away. Plugging away.

Return to “Post When You Can”