Whoops! It's OCTOBER - So Late so Soon

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Whoops! It's OCTOBER - So Late so Soon

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:04 am

“How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. October is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” Dr, Seuss (substituting Oct for Dec in original)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Whoops! It's OCTOBER - So Late so Soon

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:11 am

Wow, I can't believe it's October already.

This morning I gotta get moving to get things together for dcleaning lady, who will be here in about an hour. DH has gone to Torah study, dkids will have to get up so their rooms and be made right too.

Dsis was sent back to nursing home, no issue on blood work or CAT scan or other tests. At this point I am planning a trip to see her on Tuesday and will try to find out what happened. She apparently fell, unless she was attacked by someone, something I don't like thinking about but must consider.

Starting with MBR, since that is where dcleaning lady likes to start.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:02 am

I am up early for Sat. Regular time. Fed hens took ddog out to pee. Made coffee. Folded1 load of laundry. So I have a good begining to this new month.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:12 am

Wow, I can't believe it's October already.
My sentiments exactly! :o Here I am 12 days out and counting. Have to get everything ready and think about what we have to do before I go and before DH goes. It would be simpler if we were both leaving at the same time but I don't really want to follow him in the truck either. So this is what it is.

Dnurse from Dr's office tried to call me while I was out and about (the campground) yesterday). I tried to get my phone to open and of course it wouldn't. Couldn't call her back as their phones had just been turned off. So will have to wait until Monday to see what's up. I plan to go in first thing Monday morning to get my flu shot. She told my dfriend there to tell me to just come in early and I won't have to worry about dh getting back in time from his orthopedic appointment.

Definitely have a full fledged cold. :cry: Told dh I most likely will not be going to church with him tomorrow and he agrees. Have to nip this in the bud if I can. If it continues to escalate I may be heading to the Dr's this week instead of next.

Thinking about your dsis, Twins. Hope you find everything okay on that front.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:14 am

LOVE that poem.

Facial swelling can come from bp meds. HRH had been on one for several weeks (actually could have been longer - I don't remember for sure) and then had swelling around the eyes that sent him to ER wondering what on earth was going on. Facial edema, they said.
I stand corrected, he says he was on it a year before anything happened.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:38 am

Whoops, indeed. There must be some mistake.

((Twins and dsis))

I'm back from a 3.5 mile jog in the light drizzle. I ran slower than usual but felt perfectly fine afterward.

I ended up just crashing yesterday afternoon and didn't get much done. I'm going to pay for that today, especially in terms of teaching the moms group on Thursday. The hours I can devote to prep for that are limited, and I should have used Friday for that. Today and tomorrow are very scripted. I'll have time Monday (no Hebrew class b/c of the holiday) and Wednesday. However, dd18 is home now and that is nice! Ds and dd20 came over last night, and we all went out to dinner. They'll be here today too as we celebrate toddler J's 3rd birthday!

PODA today:
x jog
- toddler J's 3rd bday party, 11 - 1:30
- prep to teach SS tomorrow
- colleague's open house for his ds1? I may not have time to stop by.
- WF: pick up something for small group
- tidy house for potential visitors tomorrow
- work on teaching, if I can
- small group 5:15 - 9-ish

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:33 am

That IS an interesting 'side effect', Harriet. Not one I'd ever think of.

Talked with dpastor to request a copy of her resignation letter (so it can be included with council minutes), finally figured out with her that I wouldn't be at church tomorrow and asked for prayer for back x-rays. So we'll see what comes of those early this week.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:45 am

I am still feeling effects of this cold / flu shot. Watching history ch. About the plague. Ack!

I heated up the oven to thaw out a cherry pie for h. Not my fav. Kind of pie.
Dishwasher has been unloaded.
I got a couple more loads of laundry folded.

57* here this morning. Next week I need to call and get furnace guys to light the pilot light.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:31 am

Slow moving here this morning.

Internet repair came at 8:15 and says our line is fine, it must be the modem. Not convinced, will talk with our 'caseworker' about the results.

Dd is not going to the Mac & Cheese festival today so we'll be over to her place earlier than 2. They have made up a to-do list for us to help with. Currently, they are working to make space for us to work on the to-do list!

She and I will run errands while the guys work around the house. Then we'll clean out the car on the inside and then learn how to install the baby seat.

Dh and I moved back into our regular parking spot today. Nice to be 'home'. There was a deep hole in the parking spot next to us and I've turn my ankle a couple of times so dh had management patch the hole. They used cold-patch so, before our neighbour moved back in, we drove the car over it a few time to pack it in. We have a new neighbour on the other side so I taught her to use the in/out garage fob. She commutes using a bike and is glad to not have to use her apartment any longer to store her bike.

I should be doing paperwork. Instead I'm watching youtube videos. This IKEA commercial feels like they've been watching ds and I as we go through the store. Made me cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZtFCMX15Y

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:45 am

Harriet, this is apparently on one side of face only, accompanied by bruising. She was sent back to nursing home from ER last night - nurse there this morning says she's groggy and didn't want to get up this morning. I've planned trip to see her on Tuesday, if I don't need to go sooner. :shock:

Have walked with ddog and dneighbor friend. No incidents of aggression with ddog passing other walkers/dogs. :D

Heading back out in a few with dd for pedicures, hopefully quick.

Return to “Post When You Can”