SIMPLY SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SIMPLY SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:57 am

Have a very simple day. Try to get some of that needed rest so many of us need.

I'm s2slippers. Going to try to make something of my hair. It's too soon to get it wet and it's standing up all over. Forgot this part of having a perm.

Had a hard time finding clothes for church but finally made it. Had one pair of slacks left hanging and then the hunt for a top. Oh, yes -I saved one and it was sitting on our dresser in plain sight. :P I've left several here but they're either still a little snug or just every day wear.

I can see the exodus is already starting and lots of coming and going today. Dh is hoping some will want their RVs winterized today. He's got around 60 to do and he's afraid many will wait until the last minute -or even next weekend when we'll be on our way to FL. He did 3 yesterday but has none scheduled for today. (Trying to monitor how the roadways are as we would get south on 95. Rather difficult to tell yet though.)

Twins, I hope things mellow a little bit for you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: SIMPLY SUNDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:08 am

Probably not the case, Dee. Things somewhat downhill. Neurologists don't know whether she can/will recover from this. More in J&C.

I am getting packed up to leave again. My stuff, stuff for ddog at boarding, have walked the ddog too. Need to s2s and get on the road.

Considering end of life issues all around, uncertainty of neurological recovery, chances of complications, infections, et al while hospitalized too.

-shower, including shaving legs
-meds/vitamins
-finish packing up
-rest of breakfast
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:19 am

Hi everyone!

We are having our Thanksgiving celebration here. Dh is deep frying a turkey. Supposed to only take 45 minutes for this 12 pounder.

My game plan today was almost too simple. Clean in the morning (including laundry) and cook and bake in the afternoon. I already have mincemeat tarts about to go into the oven as I want things to cool down.

Dh went to the store first thing to get 2 more containers of oil and some whipped cream just in case the cool whip isn't good when I open it. It was in the freezer for a very long time.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Norma

Postby Norma » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:55 pm

:D Last evening was spent with Rosie and Sweetie at a local Roadhouse! Yep, a Roadhouse with eats and music. Mr. Guy and I had been there before for breakfast and lunch, but never the nighttime festivities. This, my friends, is an adventure. I think all the people from out in the boonies meet here on Saturday nights. :) The Posse was there last night and money was being collected for the Children with Cancer fund. I didn't see any horses here last night but have seen them tied up outside before. One late afternoon we saw an elderly lady in her cart being pulled by a donkey! When our friends get here from Washington we will go again.

Today, being Football Sunday, we are in front of the TV. Mr. Guy is searching for a place to go for a chicken salad. I think he found it - A pplebees. Have a great day.
Oh, I almost forgot, Rosie showed me a picture of Emptynester she found on F acebook. She is looking great! All the weight she has lost and how she feels so much better has me really pumped. Can I do this?
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:14 pm

I've been CUOP but not having time to post. DGD5 has been here the past 3 days. It takes all of my focus, time and energy to stay up with them and do basics in cooking/home care.

DGD5 was suspended 2 days from public school last week. Suspended from Kindergarten! The reason was because a classmate called DGD5 a name so she shoved him away from her hard enough for him to fall backward onto his bottom. Touching another student is punishable by suspension. DGD5 put her hand on his chest when she shoved him backward.

DGD5 didn't act up a single time when she was here. I know that sounds like a Nana bragging on a grandchild but she truly was well behaved and polite. If only she acted like this everywhere she goes.

DS8 is still having trouble understanding Math concepts and facts. We have been working together for over an hour each school day on Math using 4 different methods of learning. This past week I made the decision to switch to a different Math curriculum in hopes that it will make a difference. Doing the same thing over and over isn't working so we will try something different. I ordered TeachingTextbooks course for him. It has over 150 hours of instruction and can explain step-by-step to over 4000 problems. I selected this cirriculum because it was the highest rated at the various homeschool sites. Only after I ordered the cirruiculum did I realize this will reduce my hands-on time homeschooling by about an hour a day! I am sooo very hopeful that this will work with DS8 learning style.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Morning...

Yes you can Norma, but you'll have to give up blackberry cobbler :lol: We can do the s together :D and Dominos Pizza delivers salads now, and they're not half-bad. That's what I get now when Sweetie orders pizza.

Laundry day for me because tomorrow is mammogram and bone density day. Also need to make a quick grocery run cause Sweetie needs bananas for his morning cereal. Sometime
I wish I could grow my own tree. Sweetie eats enough bananas to support one.

Kathryn, I've been meaning to tell you I have an elephant ring holder that my friend just sent me. Don't know where she got it, but he sure is cute. I have a small covered glass bowl in my bathroom that I used to keep rings and things in. And I also have a small craft divided box in my vanity drawer I use for my jewelry. I have several hidy-holes where I keep my good stuff that I want to keep close at hand. In the past my friend would hide her good jewelry in her waste paper basket when she travelled away from home but one time she forgot and threw away much of her good jewelry.

Time to flip the laundry... enjoying y your day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:30 pm

LadyM...
Cooking and baking are great ways to teach fractions and the reward is you get to eat what you've measured :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:31 pm

Hoping with you, LadyM.

Dh and I just spent over 45 minutes looking for my key fob in the car. When we got to church we couldn't find it and I was certain I'd put it in my jacket pocket. Luckily he had his with him. Came home and searched the driveway and car -nothing. RV -nothing. Then I went back out and tried starting the car which started right up (it won't if the fob isn't inside). His was in the house. Soooooo, we started looking. Took everything out of the doors and the center console. Looked under and beside the seat. Even pushed the seat back and forth a couple of times. Dh finally found it -it had fallen between the passenger side of the console and that seat. He had a horrible time getting it out. There really is no space between them. I had bought things to go between the seats and console but they wouldn't even fit. Now the fob is back on my purse where it belongs. Now that everything is out of the car, it's a good time to vacuum. Dh said he'd do it later -hoping it doesn't rain.

((((Twins))))

I have a w mart bag full of stuff from the car that I can now sort -hopefully trashing some, leaving some in the RV and only putting back what is necessary. So that's my first up job today in my 7x7.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Rosie showed me a picture of Emptynester she found on Facebook. She is looking great! All the weight she has lost and how she feels so much better has me really pumped. Can I do this?

Norma - I know you can do it! MT inspired me to do it. It was HARD for me when I started doing the LCHF way of eating. Honestly, for several weeks I kept messing up and each time I messed up it made me felt like cr*p. But on the days that I ate with the correct macro ratio (carb/fat/protein), I would feel great. It was a learning experience to make the change to how I ate. I still consider myself a newbie to eating this way & continue to read & learn so much from the Diabetic Rebels FB group. Even with all my goof-ups DH & my blood sugar average has dropped about 50 points!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Home made pumpkin pie and 15 tarts.
Home baked mincemeat tarts (15)
Rice krispie squares with hallowe'en decoration on top. I found little axes with blood splatter and I added a red sparkle gel under the blade of each axe with some puddles here and there.
Home made cranberry sauce.
Turnip is cooking.
Turkey gravy (not home made) is waiting in a pot.
Water is getting heated for dd's corn.
Saucepan for stove top stuffing is also on a burner reserving it's spot.

Bathroom is clean.
Kitty litter is changed.
Dresser is almost clear of clean clothes. Books are being moved from one shelf to another because I didn't have enough to do.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”