Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:21 pm

I just thought I would check in to let ya'll know that I will be losing my mind soon. I didn't want you to be out of the loop on this. Sometime within the next hour, most likely. It could hold out a little longer, but after that... ... ppphhhtttttt! Film at 11:00.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

I am looking forward to hearing more from Harriet. Do U have hot water yet. seem to be an object at rest today & not in motion lol. It is a good day for soup. I have an idea for my schedule next week that helps. Time to check on the laundry.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Let us know, Harriet, and perhaps we can suggest a few places to look.

Think I've finally settled on a route. Made reservations in Dublin, VA on 81 for Sunday night and already had 1 for Kingsland, GA for Monday night. But I also realized I've gotten no confirmation on either reservation via email. Just hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew for either leg of the trip. Decided on going down 81 to 77, south to 26 and over to 95. I understand that 95 from that point down is okay. If anyone hears differently please let me know.

Was on hold a long time with internet provider this morning. Finally got that put on 'vacation' at the end of the month. Then was on hold forever with C urrent check department and reiterated that I still have no checks. Gal said they would issue a refund and list them as lost. If they come back there they will destroy them. At this point if they were to arrive at my post office they wouldn't be forwarded anyway. I had an email on September 16th that they would be shipped within 5 business days. Then they told me Tuesday that if could take up to 23 business days for them to ship. Really? Checks?

Had to go about 25 miles each way to pick up the starter to the John Deere B tractor that dh had given to dgs11 a few years ago. Seems like we've paid for this to be reconditioned/rebuilt forever. Told dh this is it -get it to DS-R's. Let them put it in their yard for sale and let the $$ go to dgs's college fund. I don't want to have to pay for it any more. Shucks! We should have just given him a couple thousand and given the tractor away. Think we'd be further ahead.

I've got to get busy and get things organized for dh and for my trip. Next year I really hope there's no question about him driving this truck down for camper. I'd much rather be going when he goes and be done with it. Of course I am getting to a point that there's less and less to take either way.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Tuned in, waiting for word on Harriet's mind. As Dee implied, the village is a great resource if you lose your mind. Almost all of us have personal experience on what to do!

I ate a quick lunch, mopped the kitchen floor, headed off to Tai Chi on foot and then to the post office to mail the forms, the outdoor equipment store to pick up belts for dh to choose from (almost 1/2 the cost of the ones at the we went to the other night) and hiking socks for me (after 10 years mine wore a hole through one of them), dropped off his cholesterol lowering prescription (will pick up tomorrow) and then staggered home. I'm really tired. I still need another 1K steps to catch up for the week but will get those easily since dh wants to go for a walk after dinner.

He's picked pizza for dinner. I may have something else, only because I was starving so picked up a cheese bun when I dropped off the prescription.)

He's still doing fine although has discovered the water bed too hard to get out of. No kidding, I could have told him that when I had the bad back, the gall bladder surgery, the aches of hepatitis or even the extreme knee pain, lacking the strength to get up from 'my bottom below the edge of the bed' position. There's a roll out method that works but he had too many pillows piled up to be able to do that. Anyway, we have semi-recliner chairs with stools in the bedroom so he's watching tv from those now.

I need to get back to working around but I wanted to have a rest since I was so exhausted after my walking.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:07 pm

We went for a walk before supper and then I heated up the pizza. I was going to have something else but have now added "make up hamburg chowder to freeze in single servings" to my to-do list. It is really simple but I had not realized I'd run out of freezer meals. And now the leftover pizza in the freezer is gone too!

I'll do up the kitchen in a little bit. But first I'm going to work on my church service.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Very interested in the search for Harriet's mind.

Going to see The Accountant later tonight.
Skipped homecoming parade -- we don't know anyone in it and we're both tired.
DS & family went.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 pm

I am CUOP somewhat and see that many of us have been overwhelmed.

BookSaver, what are you doing in your SPARE time? (ducking and running

Lilac, so glad you and dh got away for a while.

No, we have no hwh, Nancy. Yet another call (which HRH happened to answer this a.m.) and we find we are pushed back another day, and they will be here at 8 in the morning. So plans were tossed, and of course today was a day HRH had kept somewhat open so he could be around. Sigh.

With a clear 70 degree day facing us that we hadn't been able to plan for, we did think of one waiting outdoor project. The church session has rescinded a 25-year-old decree that no one can place standing cemetery headstones, only flush in-ground ones. My dmother had been especially disappointed in that, ever since my late dh was one of the first whose family had no choice.

We went over to the church and took photos of my parents' and my late dh's flush markers, and HRH's ddad's grave site, for which the family's been waiting to hear this decision. It's our hope to work with a company who can excavate the 2 markers, polish the in-ground sides, place them on stone bases like others we see there, plus create a headstone for HRH's ddad's grave that will have a similar appearance. (It is relatively close, and it's HRH's idea that he wants everyone in extended family to see that we did the same for all 3.) If it just doesn't work out, we'll think about springing for new stones, but it will be pricey all at once. Don't know.

Later, HRH decided to call his mother, but the two of them had raised voices pretty soon. They struggle to get along yet are trying to deal with this garage project together. At that moment, I was dealing with returned mail from the hospital and trying to get that back out into the mail in time, which was frustrating. Plus I myself had DPCs both before and coming up after he got off the phone. And THEN in his frustration with her, trying to get off the phone, he tells her I want to talk to her. Aaaaaauuuuggghhh!

And that's when I realized I'd be searching for my mind soon.

Errands were so pleasant in comparison! LOL! P.O., bank, grocery. TaDa.

Oh, btw, I've GOT to watch for signs the person in front of me in a grocery line is a coupon-er. Good grief I waited forever, and the magazine covers just weren't interesting! ;) Coupons, flyers she hadn't even cut into until she got in line, rebates that had been mailed. The cashier was bewildered. I'd have moved over but I put my groceries up onto the conveyor before I understood everything that was happening. She got an especially good deal on small bags of pet food and bought the store out. I should have been able to spot a whole bunch of one item, plus many papers, and know to step AWAY from that register.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:12 pm

I saved about $25 at CVS today with coupons -- including a 25% off and $9 bonus bucks. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:31 pm

Dh said that if I cleared off the island, he would put the new interior hardware on the middle drawer. I cleared off the island, and he is trying to get the old hardware off.

Supper was very good.

The past few nights dh has had the tv on. I can honestly say that it is very annoying. It's like having our summer's peaceful nights taken away for a long winter of really annoying tv noise. I think I will try to figure out those wireless headphones dh bought me and see if I can get some music in my ears. \even just plugging in my spa noise machine and hearing rain or waves would be better than Vanna and her annoying tv show partner. I have always disliked that show, but it just seems so over the top fake and sugary now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Cathy, we have the headphones hooked up to the TV so dh can watch his movies with his noise cancelling headphones and I can work around and not worry that cupboard doors opening and closing and other minor noises will disturb him.

I have wireless headphones for myself but I'm not sure they'd block the tv well enough since it is a fairly open concept apartment (not really but we pulled the doors off to open things up.)

The church service is about 80% done. Still need an opening prayer and a blessing and to rewrite the prayers of the people but I had an old sermon I could use. I had combine this reading and next week's into one service so have a few bits I can use for next week but no sermon. So I'll try and start in on that tomorrow. Doing both services at once has other efficiencies.

Dh had headed to bed and I think I'll go too. He has done up the dishes for me and says there's nothing left to do that doesn't require thinking.

<later>

Dd skyped so I could see dgs when he was awake and interesting. He was really cute but dh was too tired to open his eyes even if I brought the computer into the bedroom so he missed out.

A bunch of emails came in so I'll deal with those and then get to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”