Sunday - Stay Calm and.....

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunday - Stay Calm and.....

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:17 pm

yay lady!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 pm

okay I am tired but I will continue (but taking a small break) ... d mom is going to church at 5:15 but I won't be going with today as I will be gone all day tomorrow, tuesday, wednesday, thursday am.

I needed a bit of my d kids childhood so I put on berenstain bears christmas tree. 8-)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:43 pm

I have done the store run. Got food put away. We have had lunch. Sheets are back on the bed and I have remade it. Game is on I wish h had a mute button some times I sure that is mutual lol!. I have a plan for dinner. It is almost time to feed he s again and get eggs. we had good weather today. My bs is better now thanks for the comments.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Day Two of Lucy's re-set --
Pretty good, no exercise or water yet, but I did manage to stay off the internet until after I did Bible reading and approx. 30 min chores after church.
Since then I have been a zombie, LOL. Dmom came over to get some more pain meds -- limiting herself to 1 per day, but she obviously took 2 on a couple days this week. Easy to see why -- she has a tooth that is pretty much broken completely out, but what is left is totally black. I may have to take her to dentist this week (she wants someone who will give her gas). Her teeth are HORRIBLE. She said a dentist told her mom when she was just a child that they were like "chalk." She has put aside the plan for implants, but still -- something is going to have to be done.

Still have to go to Wmart... don't know what dh's plans are for the night -- maybe a movie? I don't know, don't care. I mean, I'm fine with going, I'm fine with staying home. I am content in whatsoever state I find myself.

I shall Stay Calm and Work the (re-set) Plan.

Busy busy week, even before dmom showed up.
Tomorrow, I have to go to drug store and get refills for dmom -- then get her meds to her, put her garbage can out...
Tues. night is nursing home and eat out w/ds & family...
Wed. is our anniversary, but we will probably spend it eating fast food, going to church, and watching the debate.
Thurs. is ALL DAY w/dgd, b/c dgs has a school field trip (pumpkin patch) and ds & ddil are going with him on that... then ALL EVENING celebrating ds's birthday.
Sat. -- college town.

LadyM -- I meant to tell you I was smiling to see ds got his 4-wheeler. As you said, sometimes you just have to do stuff "just because." Absolutely agree with you there.

(((Harriet))) (((BIG HUGS))) re: all church troubles.
Coincidentally, we are wondering what we did to offend couple who has sat in front of us for several years now. We don't know them really well, but speak pleasantly every Sunday morning, and all seem to enjoy each other's company. Last Sunday they moved -- after shaking our hands and making pleasantries during the "meet and greet" time -- to the other end of the pew in front of us. Dh is afraid they were offended b/c he was blowing his nose. :oops: DH has had allergy troubles all his life; I can't believe this was a first-time experience for them. :? But anyway, they sat on that end of the pew today also. Lady shook hands and made pleasantries again during meet & greet time, but man did not make it away from his new aisle seat by the wall. . Odd.
Politics -- glad I'm not in Sunday School right now b/c enough has been hinted at during Wed. Bible Study to make me uneasy.

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:00 pm

((((d harriet))))

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:36 pm

day 2 to bullet journal here.
Washing is finishing by the sounds of it.
Now - to see what I can check off my list already.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:44 pm

Game is over we won, dinner is over fed hens they are in for the day. We just have a bit of a breeze today. Sun was an unexpected change. Dining room needs attn.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Lynlee: I need to bullet journal out this upcoming week. I just was requested to join the NFs at the school tomorrow so will give up my exercise class to do so. I might try one round of exercises and then take off since I really shouldn't blow it off entirely. Especially since I'm missing Tai Chi this week. And probably my exercise class next week because dgs needs a hearing test and dh might not yet be able to drive or may have his post-surgery appointment (we'll see how that goes.)

I'm glad no-one can see my house right now. It is a disaster. I'm rather ashamed of it but have no energy/motivation to fix the issues.

I think this is my first post of the day. I wasted this morning entirely, hitting the shower at noon. Did my afternoon service which went well. Had to do all the lifting of the guitar etc. so we took the grocery buggy with us.

Dh managed fine there but the drive is long and sitting is hard for him. His pain level is actually rising as the swelling goes down but part of it is that he's more active now as well. So perhaps he's doing a bit too much. I'm sensing he's tired of watching movies and reading.

After I settled him back in the bed watching movies, I went for a short walk and then wasted the time before dinner. And the time after dinner, except I did do up the dishes while baking cookies (from frozen.) Had tea and cookies and have been playing solitaire.

Okay, I'm going to step toward the bullet journal and at least get my week down on paper.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Today was a good day.

Looking forward to tomorrow's adventures.

Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello, villagers ~
I want to do a quick check in to get a little sorted before Monday.

Wednesday prepared to be away from home for a few days. Ran errands, bought groceries. Triple- and quadruple-checked supplies for sewing projects and packed tools. Lots of last-minute email correspondence.

Thursday hauled my sewing machine and stuff out to the car very early, stopped at McD's for quick breakfast. All day at sewing day camp, long meeting, and regular Thursday shift at the library. Came home, fixed myself a late supper, and did a load of laundry.

Friday all at sewing camp, left home before 8AM and got back home shortly before 9PM. Hauled my stuff in from the car. More camp info posted in AC&N thread.

Yesterday was my Saturday to work at the library, alone on the service counter and business was quite steady the whole time. 4.5 hours doesn't sound like a lot until I do it alone with no chance for a break to eat a snack or use the restroom. When I finally got home after work, DH and I went out to a local diner for combined lunch & supper. Last night ... I don't remember what I did ... I think I was so exhausted I just answered emails, watched a video, and went to bed early.

Today I caught up the dishes, washed a couple loads of laundry, cleaned in the kitchen. Took a nap. Read the week's newspapers. Went out for lunch. Went to the library to do a small amount of volunteer time in the book sale room. Went to the ATM to deposit a check, to the store to buy 2 birthday cards, to McD's to buy 2 gift cards. Watched an episode of Time Team online.

I think now I'm going to watch 1 more episode of Time Team to relax, and try to go to bed early. It's going to be another busy week and the weather is just plain weird.

Return to “Post When You Can”