Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 am

Not inspired for a theme today for us, but I do need to get going today. I get to do some normal things again.

Feel free to "Name" the theme for us or rename the thread if you feel so inclined!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:55 am

I am feeling kind of overwhelmed with all the things that I need to get back to, but OTOH a little excited to be doing "normal" things again.

Yesterday/last night we attended an event at our temple and then at a local restaurant. We got in around 8:30 last night, very tired and "peopled out" on my part.

Today's PODA, off the top of my head:
-cold cuts and salads to dmom
-lunch at 11:30 with dfriend
-walk the ddog (always)
-call invisible fence people
-start doing laundry, will have nothing to wear soon

I left a phone message for invisible fence people.

-breakfast
-meds/vitamins
-start laundry
-walk the dog
-s2s

I think I will put cold cuts et al for mother in a cooler with some ice and deliver after I have lunch out. Will make the a.m. easier.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:03 am

hope you feel less overwhelmed as the day goes on dear Twins!!!

I think the Monday PWYC is perfect. To me, it means getting focused on the card file and the work that needs doing.
I thought about going to the chapel today but it's already too late.. they have already started mass.

d uncle called me to cancel his doctor appointment (which I did) ... he was up all last night. I have to pick up his meds tomorrow and I will see him then.

old cat: the one who we thought was going to die again after his seizures and days of lethargic behavior ...well..now he is spunky as ever again! energizer cat.

have a great day all. I am hoping that I can be here today day, due to my uncles cancelation of his doctor.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:04 am

next breakfast

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:21 am

Heading to s2s next...

-s2s
-clear breakfast bar
-make the bed
-reboot laundry

This will nearly finish a.m. routine - the kitchen table is a "hot spot" right now so not going to dwell on it. Would be best to deal with the papers instead of stacking back up....

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:25 am

Good morning! Guess who's computer is back in the shop. The DVD player would not work. It worked BEFORE they installed the new hard drive. Of course, they did not believe this, because of the vast distance between the hard drive and DVD player (3 inches). I talked to a manager and got it for half off, so it was only $20, but I am still aggravated. I had ZERO trouble with it before, ever.

The main big deal project for the weekend is sort of done. The new faucet is installed. However, it leaks worse than before!!! I had someone who knows plumbing look at what I did, and he declared it to be a defective faucet rather than a problem with Elizabeth's Own Plumbing's installers. So I will need to take it apart AGAIN and reinstall a non-defective one. In the meantime, I have a cup to catch the drips and can at least use my dishwasher again. I had been washing dishes in a bowl in the bathtub. Very inconvenient.

I did go to the women's retreat Friday and enjoyed it even though I originally wanted to go home. Also went to the church workday, got Cleo's prescription cat food, finally managed to get to the grocery store, and did some financial research. I got about half the master bath done and will finish that tonight. Here is what is left on the party cleanup: remainder of master bath, guest bath, pupa kitchen, floors in 3 rooms, pupa MBR, and whatever can get done in the disaster area called the sewing room. Today, I have made some DPCs, discussed my week's schedule with two supervisors (no problem there), and paid a bill. I'm not sure if I am going to dance class tonight, I realized with a broken bone, the doctor might nix that. I have a call in to him to find out. I got a reprieve on open enrollment, it's next month not now.

An unexpected ally has turned up in my battle with the animal org. He is with another org, but is familiar with our two main troublemakers. He is hoping to get enough people to join up in time for the February elections just to vote these people out. He also assured me that anytime I want out, the org he works with will keep me in cats as long as I want to foster. Especially semi-ferals in need of my expertise. This is an org that I have been giving much consideration to. He and I have a lot in common, from cats to favorite bands to family goings on (both good and bad). Turned out we are very distantly related. He and his wife are coming to the Halloween party.

I'm glad to hear about blessedw2's revitalized cat. I find that when the weather gets cooler, my long hairs get more active, even the geezers.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:37 am

I hope it all works out after the elections d elizabeth
hi d twins

I have been up since 7 and nothing is done except for breakfast.

next: before exercise - family room

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:38 am

Hi!!

Dh and I went to a new friend's place for dinner last night. This morning we both have the same problem and it isn't fun. His problem is worse, but he had the chili and I didn't.

This morning I am putting away what had become a mountain range of laundry that was in 3 different places/rooms. I am also dealing with dishes from the entire weekend and recycling.

Discovered that friends place looks tidy and absolutely gorgeous on the outside, but she opened a closet to get something, and it was a mess inside.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:16 pm

CathyS, your friends probably did a stash -n-dash before you came! The very reason I don't like to do that, it leaves a mess for later.

Finally got a chance to read through past several days. Lucylee, I could copy your post and put MY name on it instead. I need a do-over too. A new card.

I am like blessed's cat, a zombie, and probably for the exact same reason. Sometimes those meds do that, but usually one gets used to them and symptoms diminish.

I had to do a house tidy Friday and Sat. morning. DSMiL brought her dog up here for me to watch Sat thru Wed. I'd told her I could take her if she needed. She is off on a little trip to city north of us about an hour with her sisters who came down from Indiana. Unfortunately, they are at the beach and I believe there's red tide up there. She said it didn't matter, they have a pool at the place they are staying.

DDog is a personable dog, easy to keep. She doesn't do any of the annoying habits some do like try to squeeze through any door opened a crack, doesn't jump up on counters or empty food wrappers out of garbage cans, etc. I can let her outside in the back yard and she comes back when I call. But she is SO needy, yikes. She needs a pet companion and a couple kids to keep her occupied I think. If I look over at her she is staring at me. Constantly wants petted and acts like I've been gone for a year when I come in from the mailbox. She's part lab and part vizla. She sits when told and when she becomes too annoying she'll go lay down if I tell her. I think she understands a lot of what we say. Only thing I don't like is she lays up on the couches and the bed. I'm not going to change her habits so I've just put a couple sheets around.

Well I guess I should get busy around here. I've gone to the bank and post office so far. Lots to do.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Computer people just called. Apparently the DVD drive was not the culprit, but the connector. They wanted to do all these expensive repairs, replace motherboard, send it out to the lab, etc. Everything except the hard drive WORKED before I took it in. Now I have an expensive door stop! I told them to put everything back together and use one of the other three connectors (which had better WORK). Now the prescription company called and says I can't get any new thyroid meds until I have seen the doctor. Yes, it is time, and there are some things I need to discuss with him. HOWEVER, I really need to wait until after my out of town weekend, party weekend, and foot surgery. ACK!!! When did my life become so complicated?

Return to “Post When You Can”