5th Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: 5th Sunday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Have not cuop.
I got a disc bound planner at the thrift shop the other day, now I am learning about them. It is very interesting it is good for my brain. :mrgreen: walked the dog fed hens & got some eggs.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:49 pm

We ended up not going to see MIL which was a good thing. She has a friend that dh doesn't like and she was there for supper. Dh didn't feel like driving up there because his large toenail on his right foot is causing him a lot of pain. To top it all off, he rubbed his left eye forgetting that he had been cutting hot peppers earlier today. Quite a sight to see my manly man with tears running down his face. I thought it was because of his foot. He had used my foot spa thing to soak his foot earlier.

We ended up having leftovers and I haven't lifted a finger around here all night.

MIL did call us.

Dh installed the light in the library that took us a year to find and it doesn't cast much light. I will go find brighter bulbs later this week.

On top of all that, dh had used a razor to do something with the light fixture, and had put the razor in the Styrofoam, to keep me safe and ended up hurting his thumb.

All laundry is away! Clean dishes are still in the dishwasher. I will put them away in the morning.
Last edited by CathyS on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:50 pm

Normal Sunday around here... just got back from Wmart... going to a movie in a bit. Tired. LONG nap this afternoon -- but I don't have to tell y'all that! That is the most "normal" part of all my Sunday activities. LOL.

Did I tell y'all -- yesterday, dmom went to get her hair colored at Wmart, and she ran into my aunt there, and later daunt called me to tell me how good she looked, and how my uncle had also talked to dmom this week and thought she sounded better? * whew * Are we finally seeing a glimmer of light at the end of this tunnel (again)? Hoping so, anyway.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:51 pm

Be careful. Weird message tonight, so make sure you keep all sensitive discussion in MO or JC.

I've alerted the other moderators so we'll be monitoring but I wanted to remind you this is a public area of the boards.

If things do start to go off the rails, I'm busy tomorrow but will not hesitate to shut the boards down until I can do something more constructive. If that is the case, you'll get an email to the address you registered with.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:39 pm

OK, just the one strange email, not more. That's promising.

It was a long day but it is over.

We just went to the church refugee meeting after church instead of going to church too. Both of us had poor sleeps so were slow moving in the morning.

The meeting was very successful but left me with many to-do items. One member has been away and when she saw us gave us big hugs and thanks for all we had been doing. She also complimented me on my updates to the committee, saying they made her feel like she was connected with the family. She even asked if I was a writer. Talk about an ego stroke!

After that we grabbed lunch to eat in the car while driving to my service. Service went well. The daughter of a member that comes regularly was diagnosed with breast cancer and will have her surgery before I'm there again so I've added a note to myself to remember to ask.

We had froyo on our way home and the clerk remembered us from last week so gave us $2 off even though I had left my receipt at home. (If you go back within a week with your receipt they take $2 off the next order.)

We took an hour off and chilled (actually warmed up by putting on jeans and sweaters!) and then walked up to the NFs to pass along all the messages from today. Helped with school work and made a list of more things they need including maps of Canada for NF15's geography class.

The walk was just 30 minutes and then we walked over to a roadhouse for dinner and finally back to our grocery store to pick up milk.

I was pretty sore for the last bit of the walk home.

Got the newsletter sent tonight. Have one more email to write and then I'm off to bed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:36 pm

good night all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:18 am

Scrubbed the bathroom floor, took out the trash.
Trash card up.
Yea for forward progress this week.
It is pouring down rain out the p m here.
Bwp in the a m needs attn.
S2s as well as 8d's.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:25 am

Last Monday here.
helper has been this afternoon. At last someone who has been here before.
She was here longer because of a missed visit a fortnight ago, though an hour had been done at another time so we were both left wondering at the longer visit. lots of talk from upsets lately.
floors and surfaces done.
I also filed and tossed lots from the table dumping ground.
Washing to go onto line.
Hot today.
One of my fans has stopped - a desk fan atop hutch under cathedral ceiling to keep air moving. I let it go 24/7 year round so time to replace it.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”