MONDAY -what is 'scary' for you today?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY -what is 'scary' for you today?

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 am

Can't think of a thing to name today so go ahead and name it -unless Twins starts before me. I could entitle it "Weird Monday", especially since it's Halloween.

I am a nervous cat right now. Checked my e-mail for attempts to try to register (and had none). But in the process found a 'fraud alert' e-mail Amer Xpress. :o Oh, no! Evidently dh's account has been compromised from somewhere. There's 100's of $$$ on there -some approved some not. They sent a few and I knew right away they weren't charges by dh as they were in MO, KS, Bronx. Went into account and there's a lot more. I thought it started at a P ilot gas station on his way down, but there's evidence of some starting up home -at least the dates he was still there. Just called him and told him not to use that card. (He also said he wondered why it was declined a couple of times earlier.) Now to straighten that mess out. Really think I need to wait for him to get here so I can ask about another couple of charges. For instance I thought it strange that he may have stopped at 2 different T I'm H Orton's on the same day up there. Almost thinking that could be where it started. Hopefully we'll be able to tell just where it was skimmed or whatever. Does make me very shaky and nervous. Much like when Twins' purse was taken and I'm sure others.

Now I need to calm myself and get s2s and get on with the rest of my day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: MONDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks for starting us, Dee. My only inspiration was for Halloween, and what scares you today? I could talk about the mess in my garage, master bedroom closet, all over the house, etc.

In your case those credit card charges are very scary...

An easy Monday here....I have dog trainer coming at noon, might have a glass of wine and let ddogs play with neighbor around 4, then trick or treats tonight. I need to get lists for the day/week going and try to actually accomplish something.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:39 am

I am so sorry d dee... so much to untangle.

hi d twins.

heading out to see d mil
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:07 am

(((Dee))) I'm sorry about the CC fraud. Deep breathe. Repeat often.

We are slow this morning but making steady progress.

DH is at his quarterly diabetic checkup. I am very curious what his blood test results will be. He is not eating LCHF but is slowly changing his way of eating. He is now eating about 1/2 as many carbs and greatly up'd his fresh vegetables. (baby steps).

DS8 has finished his morning pages and today's lesson in Math teaching text books. He made 100 on the 21 questions in today's lesson which earned him 10 minutes of free time.

Halloween is my least favorite holiday. DS8 will collect 5-10 lbs of candy doing the few stops (church trunk & treats) and Great Grandmothers homees. WAAAY too much sweet temptation for me. We will start around 5:00pm going to the Great's homes, then at 6pm do our small town main street events, then around 7pm do the church parking lots (trunk-n-treats). By the time we finish these stops it will be too late to hand out candy to other kids at our home.

Break time alarm just went off. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:41 am

My only inspiration was for Halloween, and what scares you today?
Yeah, that did "scare" me, Twins. Think I have it straightened out now. Even more charges that I didn't know about that had already been declined. Talked with dh to verify charges. Thought it had been compromised at the gas station where he stopped in NY but there were charges before that, so it happened in NY actually. Hopefully they will find where. They're sending a new card and a new number and it will be here by the Nov 3rd.

And I agree, LadyM, Halloween is also my least favorite holiday -always was even as a kid. Those of you here who do enjoy the day, please go ahead have at it. And now I am breathing correctly (almost anyway). Wondered why our balance was so high this month. :? I usually keep track but will be careful to keep even closer tabs I guess. Strange thing was dh had no trouble with it last night when he stopped at the hotel. Maybe because he had the actual card and they were able to take the identity # off it. He thought it strange that for the first time he was asked for that 4-digit # at gas station in NY yesterday. And then he had trouble a couple of times with it being declined.

Weird past several days I think: First the fingernail, then Kathryn citing for us to be wary, and then this. I'm done, right?

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:21 am

Good morning! Party weekend and a good time was had by all. No animal org troublemakers showed up and my out of town friend, N, who wanted to sleep with her boyfriend in my house where my 14 yo was also staying didn't show either. DD thinks she is the greatest and, whether she wants to or not, N does have an influence on her. If nothing else, N has expanded DD's vocabulary (and not in a good way either). An interesting thing happened at the party - Cleo was out the whole time. This delighted the animal org friends, but was wholly unexpected. You would think a 16 yo cat would be set in her ways. The others stayed away. Cleanup is not complete, but progressing well. I have an entire pitcher of leftover Blue Hawaiian! Everyone who tried it loved it and most was consumed. I don't know what to do with the leftover, maybe I will try freezing it. No one can drink that much by herself! But it's hard to just throw it out.

DD and I skipped church yesterday. We are normally good about attending, but I knew she would be tired. She had her first guitar lesson at 4 with the church's new music director. That is going to work well, because I can take her to the lesson, and afterward, we are already where we need to be for her youth group and my Bible study. This week the youth group was having a movie, which she hates due to the noise. My Bible study was not meeting either, so I let her skip. We ate at our favorite Chinese buffet again. October is always hard on my budget, with the party, and now with computer repairs. Need to be cheap the rest of the month.

At payroll, my meetings are cancelled due to boss being on jury duty. I will be looking into fixing a problem with some stored procedures. I already know how to fix it. Workers kids are coming to payroll to trick or treat at 3:00. I brought a work-appropriate dance costume.

Today, I need to find out if dance class is meeting and decide if I am going or not. I will try to contact N today. I need to talk to her about Slovenia. If that is not happening, I want to go to Italy with others. I should get more treats for tonight. While attending to trick or treaters, I can deal with the animal org minutes and notes (I think I will have a little of my leftover pitcher for that). I also need to finish and mail my absentee ballot, write a thank you note, mail a deposit to the bank, and pay one last bill.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:31 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Usually I manage to ignore Halloween. We haven't given out candy for years because only a couple of kids would come to our house the whole evening so we gave up.

This year I can't ignore it because I'm scheduled to work at the library later today, and the others on staff told me they will be wearing costumes. I finally figured out what to do for mine and spent a couple hours first thing this morning making it.

I took a long enough piece of 1/4" wide elastic to fit around my face and sewed it into a ring, and did the same with 2 pieces for my wrists. Then I cut and sewed tissue paper petals onto them so I can be a flower. White because that's the only color tissue paper I have. I will wear a teal top, the closest color I have to green for stem & leaves. Would be better if I had brown pants but I don't, so I'll wear my comfy black jeans.

I'll have to carry the costume pieces in a bag and put them on when I get to work. I'll be happy if they survive the 5 hours. 8-)

So ... now that's ready, I can get back to normal Monday chores. I started laundry last night to be sure my Halloween socks will be clean for work; I think there are only 2 loads left to do today. Dishes as usual. Pile of mail to go through and pay bills.

I slept less than 5 hours last night, therefore will definitely need a nap before work.
Ah, the dryer is buzzing ...

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:55 am

What is scary ... the bathroom floor was scary last nite I cleaned that up. Today kit. Is so spooky that it needs attn. Headed there in a bit.

A m routine is about to begin.
Qt x
I have done my my journaling and researched the disc arc system planner set up and divider ideas for the chore one.

Poofers.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: MONDAY, what is 'scary' for you today?

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:02 pm

DD had to dress for some event last week, Booksaver, and when someone asked her what she was supposed to be: Answer: "I'm an undercover cop". :D

I'm more relaxed now. Went in and tackled the laundry room. I've been afraid to enter as dd had told me she was ready to 'throttle' her dh as she'd just cleaned it up last week. Now have everything folded and sorted. I'm sure there are several shirts in there (that I put in an ironing pile) that haven't fit dsonil in some time. Maybe she can convince him to send them off to charity. In his defense he did clean out two trash bags from his closet to go to charity. It's a start.

I'm seriously thinking about their Christmas gift and we may well decide to give them cleaning service for a few weeks. There's so many things she doesn't have time for, dsonil has no part of, and we just can't do any more. Must say I am very, very, very impressed with how much Harmony is doing. You're unbelievable, girl!! Of course it would force them to do a good amount of cleaning/organizing before any cleaning service came in. I'll get as much done as I can possibly do. Have done 2 refrigerators (somewhat) so far, and the pantry cupboard. Know she's tired of living in limbo/chaos. She's gotten rid of most of their living room furniture. Now that dh will be here, we're wondering about seating for him in the living room. We might have to go buy an inexpensive recliner or something. Only furniture in there is dsonil's recliner, and 2 rockers that she's had that used to be ours. Given to us years ago by a Dr and his wife from our hometown and dd's had them reupholstered once. She doesn't really want to give them up. Actually the desk in our room is from them too. We also had other furniture from them which is long gone. Almost think their dining room table is from them as well. Obviously this was very well made furniture.

If we do this, anyone have a ball park figure for weekly cleaning? (Not sure dsonil will go for it but know dd would value it greatly.)

Dove

Re: MONDAY -what is 'scary' for you today?

Postby Dove » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:31 pm

Taking a break from working in the attic this morning. Drinking tea because I'm chilly. The leaves on the trees here are still green, & my flowers are thriving. Is it really the last day of October?

((Dee)), how awful. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Let's see, Twins ... what scares me today is the mess in my office.

Hi Blessed .

Hi Lady M, you've been doing such an excellent job homeschooling DS8. I'm glad the upheaval you had to deal with while floors were being done is over.

Hi Elizabeth, glad the parties were fun :)

Hi Nancy.

Bookie, your costume is very creative.

Hello to dear Cats! I saw your light on when I got here.

I wonder if we'll get any trick or treaters today? I have candy just in case. It has really dwindled over the years and yet after one year of no kids at all, the next year we had several.

I'm off to skim through the last few days of PWYC to see what Kathryn told us to be wary about ...

Waving ~~~ to everyone who stops by later. Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

Return to “Post When You Can”