Successful Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Successful Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:49 am

We can't just "make" success, but we can notice it when it comes along!

Hoping you all notice your successes today and appreciate all the contributions you make to them. Maybe you are doing something today that ends in success, or maybe you will notice that over the long term you've worked toward success.

blessedw2

Re: Successful Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:22 am

success! I like that!!! I am (crossing my fingers) going to be home today. Good morning to you d harriet!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:37 am

Hi everyone!!

Started the day by putting a large load of dh's dark clothes into the washer. Dh is working this morning and then we are going up to his mom's. I would like to have all the laundry done and put away before we leave.

Some vintage pyrex bowls are in the kitchen spa/hot tub/sink. I need to get to them as well.

Music is on.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:57 am

hi cathy.. it sounds like you are starting your day perfectly... love the music!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:22 am

let the day begin :D

today:

walk at gym or at nature reserve
mail
bank
card shop (dd younger with me to get her out of house)
best buy (or printer is kaput) dd with
store groceries
donations
make dinner early
clean my car (saturday chore)
dye my hair
laundry: wash dry put away
put away flower pots outside
room by room put away

it has been really nice while dd older is temporarily living with us while she looks for a new apartment. Her lease was up and she decided not to sign another year with the girl she lived with. It's fun to hear both dd's laughing together. She is grateful but I know she can't wait until she is back in her own place.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:34 am

Hi Blessed! I like the music being on. It gets me up and moving. Half of the laundry is done and half of the dishes are done.

I feel very old today. It is my dd's 30th birthday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:36 am

Trying to be 'successful' at whatever I can accomplish today. DD is still in bed -and she really needs to be. Sure your dd is not in bed, Kathryn. How's she making out with the new resident in their household?

Dh and dsonil are going to make a trip to the flea market. Much later than they would normally go. Sure dh is sure he won't get another chance for some time.

I've spent time getting my printer running again. Finally -success! It simply needed cleaning after all the printing I did yesterday morning.

I have 1 LOL into the dryer and will throw dsonil's in there as soon as mine are dry. Then I told him I'd do another load for him.

Next up is to try to balance dh's check book. It's way off for some reason. Just finished putting all our dates in a hard copy calendar that I picked up at the $$ store yesterday. Want a better one later on, but for now I want to make sure I have any dates so they don't disappear on me like earlier last month.

You're not 'old', not yet, Cathy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:22 am

Good morning!
I'm up waaay early for me bc of football, you know.
Already in the stadium @ 9:20 for 11:00 game... Cause that's just how we do. (I would've said "That's how we roll" but we don't "roll"; that's the Other Team in our state.)

My stomach is what is rolling. I'm headed to first aid for some Imodium.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:25 am

I haven't heard a thing from dd. She's called twice but I missed the call each time. I talked to her dmil yesterday since dd was out when I called.

Yesterday she had a dental appointment and went for her flu shot. Her plan is to make us all get our shots if we are going to be around dgs.

I can't have mine now because I'm currently sick. Not really sick, just fighting something low grade. I can handle having everyone over for dinner tomorrow night but I'm leaving it up to her.

Had a lousy sleep last night for no known reason although my throat was sore. I'll keep overloading myself on water and vitamins today. Didn't eat particularly well yesterday (quantity, not quality) but my weight is still down from the scary number last weekend. That's lower carb eating for you - quick results. If I kept losing at this rate, I'd be at my goal weight in 10 weeks (not gonna happen!)

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:49 am

Good morning, villagers ~
I'm expecting a mostly quiet weekend. Don't know what DH has planned. I want to do a bunch of yard work while nice weather lasts. It's a special bonus that we're still having daytime temperatures above 60F.

1 load of laundry is almost finished.
Updated the pantry inventory and put away the canned goods I bought yesterday.

I changed my mind last night and did not sew. Instead I finished knitting a hat so I could start another today. The knitting loom needs to be returned to the library Monday because someone else has asked to use it. I'll push to make as many hats as I can this weekend, and plan to sew next week.

I need to go to the library today to pick up my paycheck. I avoided the place yesterday. There is a situation brewing between the library director and city hall which was supposed to be discussed in a meeting sometime yesterday. Since I wasn't sure what time the meeting was to occur, and none of it is my responsibility and I don't want to get pulled into it, I stayed away. Office politics, yuk!

A couple days ago I ordered a book which is to be released Tuesday the 8th. I wonder if I will actually receive it on Tuesday since I paid the preorder? I know publishers ship early to libraries so the books can be processed and ready to be checked out on the release date, but I don't know how it works for personal accounts.

Ah, I hear the dryer buzzing. BBL.

Return to “Post When You Can”