What's happening Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: What's happening Wednesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:12 pm

I didn't want to put that in writing in email

I suspect many people will be using email and txt less so it can't haunt us later. However, in some cases it could be bad to not have a paper or digital trail. How are we suppose to know which way is best?

Still homeschooling.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:I love the quote too, Blessed. Thanks for sharing it.
I didn't want to put that in writing in email so was going to tell him over the phone.

And here I am doing the total opposite! I am keeping each and every email about the animal org so I have evidence against the troublemakers.

I have fixed a report and posted it. I was unable to duplicate one users problem so could not fix that or even examine it. There was a craft lunch that I thought had been cancelled. It was rescheduled and I was inadvertently left off the distribution list. (Truly inadvertently, not "inadvertently" like chief troublemaker does). I now have an orange and clove pomander for my office.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:I didn't want to put that in writing in email so was going to tell him over the phone.

And here I am doing the total opposite! I am keeping each and every email about the animal org so I have evidence against the troublemakers.

I have fixed a report and posted it. I was unable to duplicate one user's problem so could not fix that or even examine it. There was a craft lunch that I thought had been cancelled. It was rescheduled and I was inadvertently left off the distribution list. (Truly inadvertently, not "inadvertently" like chief troublemaker does). I now have an orange and clove pomander for my office.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm home from my rambling. I had a massage aka body work and hopefully worked out some aches. I had lunch out then the grocery store, then pet smart and Tar-jay.

I might lie down for a bit and set a timer. I am feeling drained.

As an accountant, having an email from a client with their info was easier than physically making a note in the client files that "so and so told me this, that and the other thing." Documentation is important. Dh has issues with that aspect of his biz since he does so much over the phone.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:02 pm

I am feeling drained too d twins. ;)

back from errands. bought a scanner for pictures as scanner is going to be put to rest.
I haven't gone to the gym yet and I have to because I didn't go yesterday.

I don't feel like working. ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Peeking in...

Just a reminder; the way some are feeling today is how many felt in 2008 and 2012.

The stock market is up and sun did rise this morning. For more than 240 years our country's politics and elections resemble a tennis game. Some time the ball is in one court some times it's in another. The beauty is our country for all its glory has survived. I choose to have hope... that my country will become kinder and judge less. That regardless of our personal opinions we are all Americans.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:55 pm

time to get something done
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:02 pm

Ramblin thanks for saying that. I have fed hens. That goat that picked the hrc sign prediction was wrong. Watching "Wild France" on n-flicks.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi!

We had chili and hot dogs for supper. Dh actually made his into chili cheese dogs and he was a very happy camper. I couldn't finish either the hot dog or the chili.

Dh thinks we don't spend enough time together and he wants to go to a mall. I don't want to go out.

Dee there is a massive fire in Lakawanna. (?) It has been burning since 7:15 this morning. 6 city blocks where there was a paper recycler and a metal fabricator. No idea where, as I missed the beginning of the news.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:06 pm

Well, I was impressed with his speech last night. He seemed truly awed at the position he is now in and I have faith in the system when honest people are making the decisions. For one thing, we had insurance before this last change but the changes that had to be made to it made it worthless to us and much more expensive. I was not going to have a baby, etc. etc. and that was forced in our policies, for instance, and the only way I could stay insured was to up our deductible to such levels that I never could use it.

Anyway, there are many areas which need changes. We have a much harder time doing the same job we've always done because of the changes that were made by the epa and the energy policies. I am not afraid of what's to come. Like RRose said, many of us were just as distressed about the last 8 years. These things come and go. Hopefully this will turn out ok.

I was up way too long watching. Got a bunch more paperwork done this morning and ran off to bank, county tax collector to pay for new truck tags and 2 property taxes. And another office for current forms.

I did some painting in the garage, watered the new grass. Plumbers came and installed new bathtub plug and 3 faucets. 2 of them were there 3 hours and I felt did not charge enough so I wrote the check bigger. Asked DH what he thought it should have been and he said that wasn't enough for them to charge. So, the new fixtures are all new and shiny now.

We got another gallon of paint mixed. Should be our last. I cleaned up whole garage and brought a bunch of stuff home that I don't think we'll need any more. Swept whole floor ready for painting.

I don't know, we are working as hard as we could possibly work and neither of us can get caught up. I will probably have to go to the country office tomorrow as another whole bunch of work is ready to start.

Return to “Post When You Can”