Veteran's, Remembrance and Armistice Day

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Veteran's Day

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:11 pm

‎"The trouble with the internet is that you can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln

I've posted this before....still lovin' it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi!

I was also wondering if the title could be changed.

I've seen a lot of hate going on all over FB for a few days now.

Sorted out all of the Christmas ornaments yesterday afternoon while I was prepping supper.

Tonight's supper is somewhere out. Either a pub for fish and chips, or pizza at our favourite pizza place.

I had a lot of plans to go out today, but my stomach says "not so fast!" so I am staying as close to home as possible.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Twins, I just repeated your quote to dh, who replied "he was way ahead of his time" ;) ;) ;) ;)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Ah, even Abraham Lincoln agrees about the internet. I'm always amused about those ads about celebrities (losing their jobs, etc. etc.) and turns out to be face cream to get rid of those wrinkles that cause celebrities to age in front of the camera (a definite no-no).

Last caller I had said to give DH a message that he appreciates his service in the Army...so many years ago. DH is always a little :roll: about those messages he gets as he did not like the Army. He's not the type to take all sorts of orders that are useless and demeaning for no reason at all. Give him a job and he'll do it, forget all the dumb spit and polish orders. He said VietNam was "looser" and there was not much of that and he would have done another stint over there if he hadn't gotten shot first. I thank God that he is here with us.

I slept and slept and slept last night. Was up a couple times this morning and kept going back to bed. I feel a bit weak and out of energy, but I am trying to get myself going. I have done a bunch at my desk and still working away at it. Knew I would have to recover from all this work at some point. Will have to check on DH and see what he is doing. I think he just let me sleep this morning, his truck is gone.

I see now that he can do way more than I can, even with his joints that don't work properly. Still he has way more stamina and strength than I have so I really get how he just doesn't want to quit working. I asked him if he was finally getting an idea of what I'm able to do and why I want to quit and he did say he was finally understanding. When we work together it is way harder than it used to be, I have to do those things with my arms that he can't.

For a while at least I get to do some things around here.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:24 pm

too funny!!!! d twins.

glad your dh is here too d harmony!

christmas - wonderful! d cathy

hi kathryn and lilac and harriet and nancy and all the lovely women here! all dear ones too!

dd younger said that there has been so much hate on fb as well - one of her friends is moving to europe and just put their house on the market.

worked on uncles paperwork and dr. phone calls all morning... done!
I still have a huge black garbage bag of uncles bills, banking and medicare info to go through as well but not today! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Veteran's Rememberance and Armistice Day

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:54 pm

I have made progress on the BWP this morning yea! Back from walking ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lucylee

Re: Veteran's, Remembrance and Armistice Day

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Slow start here but making progress. We'll be leaving in a couple hours for football game tomorrow. Spending the night outside of Atlanta and then on our way to Athens, GA in the morning.

WAVING TO EVERYONE!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Lilac, I changed the subject the way you requested.
I think (emphasis on think, since I don't have Lilac's "view"), that anyone who is the original author of a thread can change the thread's subject later by editing it and changing the words in the subject box.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Thank you Harriet. I didn't try to change it because I was afraid I would really mess it up then, by starting a new thread or no telling what. IRL I can really make a mess of something by trying to fix it. :o :o

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:07 pm

I washed up the dishes from yesterday and this morning and then s2s. The last task wore me out and I went back to bed for several hours.

Dd called and we talked for about an hour. Dgs apparently is colicky at times. We talked about gripe water, which I explained was snake oil but if it works, hey, why not? I looked it up on the internet and read her the reviews, some of which are hilarious. She's been using baby probiotics which would have been my last resort. Apparently they cost $1 per day and she hasn't seen a big change in his distress. Anyway, I told her to try gripe water since there's nothing in there that will hurt him so it was worth the try. (She thought it meant replacing a feeding with water, so letting him know it was just a dropper of fluid was helpful.)

I made up an omelet since I was hungry for lunch and basically have been snacking since.

Need to start writing, my contribution to the family newsletter is due.

Return to “Post When You Can”