Veteran's, Remembrance and Armistice Day

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Veteran's, Remembrance and Armistice Day

Postby CathyS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:48 pm

I was sitting here CUOP and dh called. We are having Chinese food for supper. He will pick it up on his way home. Therefore, supper tomorrow night is also dealt with.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:09 pm

My dh just started dinner for us. I must say, having a meal plan for the month has, so far, been good. He didn't cook last night but went out for Chinese on his way to choir practice. I was too sick to eat so there was not point sticking to the plan. But, so far, that is the only day we haven't so far this month (yes I realize it is only the 11th but on previous months without a plan, we were eating out way more!)

I was watching funny dog and baby videos. I needed some giggles.

I still have to write. I believe that was in my last post, but it won't go away until I start writing!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:17 pm

I went out to try to mow put gas it and it will not start. H is on his way home and he will look at when he gets here. 64* near record hi today so I need to try to do it as will not be this nice very many more days. No mail & banks are closed. I suppose dr. Office it closed too glad I allowed plenty of time for my meds. to be refilled.

Turkey day is fast approaching.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:40 pm

hello :D

dd's are upset that I sat all day and did paper work for uncle and didn't go walk... so I am going to walk

uncles bills are so off (it happened from end of august until now) I have written to the neighbor who sometimes gets him money and shops for him using his debit card (bc he tells them that I don't buy him groceries ;) - lol if that was true I would have more time on my hands) He gives her his debit card but never writes down how much he gave her... she is EXTREMELY honest - I asked if she could leave a receipt or tell me how much he cashes so I can get a hold of the checking account better because its so off kilter - she hasn't written me back because she believes uncle is telling her the truth - sigh it does make it interesting.

He told my mom that I spilt some thing on the floor that I can't mention he did by accident yesterday morning (gross)... thank goodness I write every thing down.

Mom thought he was with it mentally even with those comments. She knew the comments weren't real but thought the rest of him was great. mmmm I have been worrying about mom re: her vision on subjects. She is really oblivious by peoples reactions and feelings at times unless it's dd younger as dd younger as been sick. She's a great woman but definitely no longer pays attention and really doesn't listen to things she should - she is too busy thinking ahead - she laughs about it though when she is reminded what was said -- d brother is an expert with her :D - she does make me smile.

take care!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:41 pm

sorry about your mower d nancy

helia

Postby helia » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:22 pm

Sorry I can't be more social. I just got home from work and I'm leaving again in 5 minutes -- or maybe more like 10 minutes -- to meet dh, a past grad student of his, and possibly dd21 at a favorite tapas place downtown. This past student is a Japanese man who came to the USA speaking fluent Spanish b/c he is from Colombia! His first name is very Spanish and his last name is very Japanese. :) I love the mix of cultures! I'm not sure what he's doing now. I guess I'll find out.

I went to bed early last night b/c I was so tired and got up early this morning to finish grading and updating engrade. After I did that most of this morning, I went in to work for the awards ceremony at 12:45 and then conducted English games with my classes all afternoon. I then spent an hour doing end-of-session admin. tasks. *phew* That is all done now. This week, I have graded 20 writing assignments (just paragraph length -- but I'm pretty specific about their structure, coherence and use of cohesive devices, etc.), 20 writing exams - similar to the writing assignment, 15 grammar exams, and I conducted and scored 15 oral interviews. :shock: I'm far from full time and I don't technically get paid for most of those extra hours. Needless to say, I'm very glad it's Friday -- and I'm not traveling this weekend.

I think dh and I will need to be completely out of this floor of our house by Monday. I think our wood floors are being redone next week.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:32 pm

H. Got it going mowing is done.
S2s x
Next up start dinner did that & p m routine.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:58 pm

I love the mix of cultures too! very cool d helia
have a wonderful evening to you too

went to gym.. it was very quiet tonight.

gosh I am not liking this time change - I feel like going to sleep - maybe I will grab a book

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Ahhh, the trials of being a teacher Helia. We never get paid for all we do. Just ask Lucylee. Many extra hours planning lessons and grading tons of papers. Then ther is all the administration work a teacher must do to justify her work. I never had a 40 hour week. My normal week ran closer to 60 and way more if I had IEP's to write. Haven't met a God teacher yet who doesn't work part of their weekend unless they were like me and came into work two hours early. Bet Lucylee is glad she doesn't have to grade all her papers too. I know I don't miss it :D

Still sick, still in bed, still drinking tea and eating soup. It's gotta end sometimes.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:38 pm

There must be some germs going around. It's getting to be that season. Hope everyone feels better tomorrow.

DH had tried to put the interior garage door in but it didn't fit properly. We went back over and I helped him plane the edges until it fit nicely. We sanded and repainted the edges. He has it on the horses with weights on a specific spot to mold it just right. We will install tomorrow.

Worked on the french door also. I held it still while DH used his grinder on the top of it (it's a steel door) and now it opens and shuts easily.

Tomorrow he is renting the pressure washer so we have that to do. I rode all over getting the kind of weatherstripping he wanted for the door.

Most fun I had today was going to Tar get to get new placemats, 2 settings of dishes, mugs, silverware and white linen napkins. Niece said to "stage" the snack bar area, so this is all for that. I have dishes and placemats here, but I coordinated it all to match the counters and it looks pretty. I actually got 3 placemats because after we're done I get to use them here, and I set up 3 on mine here.

Return to “Post When You Can”