Sunday Sharing

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sunday Sharing

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:00 am

I hope there are things you feel encouraged to share with friends here today!

Lynlee

Re: Sunday Sharing

Postby Lynlee » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 am

2nd day of blustery sky works here. a little rain, that doesn't last long. Unfortunate folk received damage. temps of 38c - officially. - in my town, so possibly hotter in here. swapped fan in LR for one that I can beef up the speed.
Finally attended to kitchen outstanding jobs.
Skipped church/ I have turned off morning alarms.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:44 am

Happy National day of Kindness! wishing you all a wonderful Sunday and week!

hi d Harriet!!!

Hi d Lynn... stay cool!

It's 34 f. degrees this morning here -
I have been up since 5 am (yesterday I slept all afternoon and evening bc of headache but now its gone :D and I am feeling pretty chipper)
I haven't been able to see d mil this week - I let her dog out on tuesday but was not able to see her - hoping I can go today (depends on dd younger)

My calendar this week is set... :shock: :lol:

Wishing you a wonderful morning dear ones!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:13 am

Hi!!

I wasn't in the best mood yesterday, so I tried to stay off the computer. CUOP a few times, but didn't post.

We went out for fish and chips at a pub last night. They were packed by the time we left. Stopped at a bulk food store to get some trail mix for dh and a few tiny ju jubes for the gingerbread house we will build closer to Christmas.

Dh bought a new/used screen door for the door we come in and out of all the time. It took him 2 hours to install it because whomever built this house didn't know how to use a level! :shock: So dh wasn't in the best of moods while he was doing that.

IF any of you have ever gone to CEO's Organized Christmas site and you are still interested, do it today. She is seriously considering shutting it down.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:17 am

Just talked with dh. He's "resting" and is staying home from church today. Sounds terrible. He does have a Dr's appointment tomorrow for his knee but will have the Dr check this 'cold' or whatever it is.

DD isn't out of her cave yet but expect she will be soon. We also are skipping church this morning and heading off to Orlando soon for a 1:30 hockey game. Wasn't late enough for her to make church and get to Orlando on time. We went last night and have been going a 'back' way to avoid 1-4, at least on the way there. Unfortunately as dd crested a 'hill' there were all kinds of lights. Took only a second to realize the police cars had yellow tape surrounding them and as we went by they were just covering a body (motorcycle). Couldn't avert our eyes fast enough. We had stopped at Wa Wa and got us smoothies which took extra long. Later decided that was a 'God delay'. (For Harmony's point of reference -we're turning in Lake Alfred & take that to Deen Still Rd, and up 27 - 192 short ways to 429 to 408 and that puts us just a few short blocks from the G eico garage next to the A mway Center.

Dsonil went to work this morning though I'm sure his body is craving rest. He works through Wednesday then is supposed to be off for 3 days. We've gotten NOTHING done in the great room as he's been there dozing for the last 3 days. Have managed to keep the dishes done up.

Dh will be calling H arris G roup benefits tomorrow to ask about our health insurance. We finally found a number to contact them. I don't even have internet access as he was last 'employed' through I T T until July of last year when it was sold to Harris. They deleted our life insurance as of December 31st so certainly won't surprise me if they've done the same with health insurance. I will be one very happy camper if they have not. If so, we have a very short time to scramble to get some before the cut off of December 7th. This may be the time I change my residency to FL. We only keep NY because of our health insurance. But that would mean having to take a test for my driver's license wouldn't it..........
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:10 pm

Morning ...

Dee i sure hope your dh doesn't have what I have cause my doc told me yesterday this crud is really going around. And though my throats and glands are better the crud has hit my chest.

My laundry is piling up...most of it is clean, but needs to be folded and put up. when I take my laundry out of the dryer I shake everything out and put it in piles before I take it to my bed to fold it so in some respects everything is ready to go. This is something I started doing when I began working the box.

Gonna take some chicken out and put it in my slow cooker. That should take care of dinner for the next night or two..

Back to bed...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:47 pm

I don't think I checked in at all yesterday...so many of us and our families sick these days. Hope the weekend lets us all get well again.

Yesterday I took ddog for a long walk at the nearby greenway and later worked on footnoting what I'm writing. Kind of fun figuring our footnote formats. Last night we attended a very big, fancy wedding. Wedding itself was at our temple and the same rabbi who married us 30 years ago married this couple. The reception was at a local hotel in their fanciest room - with a side room for a dance band and floor. We made it until 10 p.m. - had wedding cake for dessert and took off. Dh's back was hurting and I haven't been in the mood to be around people so much.

Quiet day here, I need to get out of pajamas and walk the ddog soon. Dh has a 5:30 meeting at temple and I'm planning to make a wild rice and tomato soup with added sausage for our supper. Will double for next week too.

We are so smokey from the wildfires. Everything smells and we have a thick haze. My nose is running, probably from the smoke also.

I'd like to uses today to get a jump on the week. Need to get several things done since we're going away on Monday evening of Thanksgiving week. I hate to be traveling again but it is what it is.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:00 pm

I had to look to see when the last time I posted here (it was Wednesday). My life has been a blur the last few days. I have CUOP several times but didn't have the time or emotional strength to post.

Thursday -
** Homeschool day #74 - abbreviated because we didn't have time to complete all that day lessons.
** Shane to speech therapy.
** Tony's funeral - (very well attended) and we had several funeral support activities for Lilly and family. It was after dark before we arrive home.

Friday -
** Homeschool day #75 - plus we had multiple days of lessons to catch up.
** I crashed Friday evening in an emotional overload. Spent 12 hours in bed.

Saturday -
** Planned lessons for next week
** Took DS8 clothes shopping. He was in emergency status. We came home with 4 shirts, 4 shorts, and 2 jeans. He needs boots/shoes but that will have to wait for another shopping trip.

Today -
** walked - I've walked 5000 steps before 9am every day for the past couple of weeks.
** Picked up 8 turkeys and 8 hams (each one was 22-24 lbs) at the store on our way to church
** Church - I worked in the nursery during the service then handed out hams/turkeys after church. Volunteers will cook them for next Sunday
** Met up with DGS19 and we ate at local school fundraiser activity.

Next up -
** DGS19 is here for the next few hours. Lots of talking (listening for me).
** cook for the extended family meal this evening
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:30 pm

had a lovely breakfast with dd younger and d cousin from out of the states - very nice. We talked and talked.
Then had lunch with d mom

We just got home a half hour ago and it's time for me to work.
dd older is working today
dd younger is sleeping now
time to get to work

tomorrow: pick up uncle for doctor appointment ... try to have him shower himself... I need to have a discussion with him and the young man as I spoke to his d neighbor and she said she is not using his debit card but there is a couple different 100$ charges. Not sure how he is getting cash because he can't drive (doesn't have a car) and the young man who cares for him. something is not right
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:38 pm

How can we only be on page 1? Hopefully this puts us on to page 2.

Just had supper. I made a large roasting pan full of cabbage roll casserole. This way I don't have to make supper tomorrow and I know how to deal with making the food for the pot luck. HINT TO SELF... Pre cook the cabbage before putting it into the oven!

Our new friend/guy that fixed our kitchen floor popped by for a bit after we ate. We are now going to get a backsplash in the kitchen. Glossy white 3 x 6 tiles.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”