Thinking/planning Sunday November 20

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thinking/planning Sunday November 20

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:05 pm

I am okay check j &c to see why. :shock:

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:09 pm

Back at the apartment now. Had to clear off the car one last time - for a total of five times today. Now it is tucked into our underground, heated garage and the ice will melt off.

It was a tough drive for dh so he is ready for bed. I will probably join him.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:16 pm

After dd finally woke up, she texted and then we had a phone call. She has been working and she is exhausted. She said she was going back to sleep after she hung up.

We went to Niagara Falls for supper and she liked the earrings. I also gave her 3 of the 4 rings her dad gave me. Friendship, engagement and wedding rings. I kept the anniversary gift, because he was somewhat forced into buying it and I knew that it cost less than $200. I can give it to her in the future.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:37 pm

We had a really nice trip w/ds, ddil, dgrands. DGS spent the night with us (we came in about 2:30 a.m.) b/c ddil had to keep the nursery at church this morning, and ds had to leave around 8:00 a.m. DGS slept until 10:45! Obviously, we skipped church. Then he played while I s2s and we ate lunch, went to get his dmom and dgd, went to pick up the dog at the lady's house where he was boarding. (I went with them b/c I have known the lady all my life and ddil had never met her.)
I came home and read a while, talked to dmom on the phone, and got the Sunday chores done.
Dmom is not feeling well -- suspects bronchitis -- but did not want me to make a special trip to bring her anything, and said she would see the doctor tomorrow, if she could get an appt.

Still have to go to Wmart, and later, dh & I may go to a movie.

Tomorrow -- MUST get dgd's birthday present. We are celebrating on TUES. for her birthday on WED. and yes, you read that correctly -- I do not have one single thing purchased for this child's first birthday. * Sheesh * The last two weeks have just been CRAZY around here.
When we came in last night, we thought we'd be calling The Man about our heat. No heat last night. But sometime today, dh started trying the thermostat again, and it kicked back on. It's been holding steady at 73 since about 4:00 pm now, and it's 38 degrees outside, so I guess it's okay. I still feel kinda chilly, but I imagine 73 is a reasonable temperature. DH says that is what we keep it set on year-round.

I'm not really cuop -- just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone!

So glad Mr. Sunny got a good report!

Also very happy to hear you finally got to have a nice birthday celebration w/dd, Cathy!

WTG, LadyM's dgs!
LadyM said:
I woke up and saw it was 11:57am so I quickly jumped up so I could make it out of bed before noon. LOL. Silly. I don't know why that matters.

Nah, it doesn't matter! Look at me ;)

Seriously, I am normally out of bed before noon, believe it or not! Not a many hours before noon, but still... And I know I could accomplish more if dh and I were both out of bed earlier... but there are other things more important around here in this marriage than trying to re-do two people's biological clocks, you know? So we keep on keeping on, doing the best we can, on this schedule we've set for ourselves.

Thinking and Planning
for this week...
Well, tomorrow -- #1 priority is getting dmom's meds to her -- but after that, as I said, MUST get prepared for dgd's birthday party, which will be here at our house, Tuesday night. DS & DDIL have ordered the cake, but I need to get paper plates/napkins, drinks, and ddil hopes I can keep dgs while they stain bookcases, which * HALLELUJAH * carpenter friend finished building Thursday. (They need to be stained and allowed to dry before he installs them in ds's office, at which time, perhaps, after approx 18 months, ds can clean up the mess of boxes littering his office & front foyer of the house.)
Tuesday -- order/pick up pizza, host party.
Wednesday -- bake cookies and prepare/purchase whatever else dcousin asks me to bring to Thanksgiving dinner.
Thursday -- Thanksgiving with my (ddad's) side of the family, at daunt's, with ddil, dgs, and ddil. DS will not be home.
Friday -- recuperate from Thursday. If there is any shopping to be done, it will definitely be online.
Saturday -- Big Ballgame weekend here. DH & DBIL will be going to the game. They will probably return disappointed. (But as dbro, a graduate of the Other School, said after the election, it IS 2016, anything can happen.) I may start putting up Christmas tree & decorations, and dgs will probably spend the night.

Blessed, we do "Dirty Christmas" w/my ddad's side of the family, but the children draw names among themselves -- one dcousin's 3, ds's 2, and maybe another dcousin's 1. They are all 10 and under. The Dirty Christmas is fun, in a way, but always leaves me somewhat frustrated, b/c I always get something I really like, then someone takes it away from me, and I'm too "nice" to play dirty and take it back, so I end up with something that just becomes clutter. But we only spend about $10 per person, so at least it's not too expensive. Dbro & his girlfriend always opt out though, saying it's too much trouble to carry a bunch of stuff back on the plane. :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

helia

Postby helia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Looks interesting, Twins! Yes, we'd like to see Hamilton too at some point. In fact, we were just talking to S and R about that over dinner tonight. I wonder if the Broadway ticket price will eventually drop? We're going back and forth to NYC pretty often now so seeing it there is more of an option. Otherwise, dfriend S thinks it might come to our area of the country in about 2 years.

Just home from dinner at S and R's home -- with toddler J too, of course.

I talked to my mom for a while before dinner. Dh is texting with dd18 to figure out if we can call her this evening.

I'm going to grade a quiz and update engrade. I'm also going to look up my turkey recipe so I can complete my list, even though I think I'm going to the groc. store on Tuesday. I won't have time tomorrow with jogging in the a.m., prep for payroll, some deskwork, and then heading out to payroll around 12:45.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:05 pm

I seldom pay full price for Broadway tickets but we did for Monty Python and it was worth it! I'm sure it would be worth it for Hamilton as well!

Wrote my reply to Presbytery. While preaching today I was aware that 1) I love doing this, and 2) if I couldn't do it any more, that's OK.

I'll send the reply in the morning. Dh read it over for me and made a couple of picky grammar changes. He apologized but I figure getting it absolutely perfect is important because they need to know that I don't do things half-way good.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:12 am

With so much chatter about Hamilton (the show) and knowing I'd never get to see it, I did get a biography about him in the library and read it. Such a waste of a life. Dueling was a really stupid thing to do.

Such a short time till Thanksgiving. My goodness. Whatever will I do?

8 hours at 2H. Started out loading the car with all the stuff I'd planned on using over there, my house plants, big platter and bowl that I always displayed on their little easels on top of the cabinets, another light for that side of the cabinets, my fanciest towels that I've been saving for this, can't remember what all I took but car was full.

Got all that distributed, much ladder work, and Ironed the linen napkins and rolled silverware and "staged" the little snack bar area with 2 place settings. I boxed and bagged up all the extra cleaners, rags, brushes, and got them to the car. Got the last coats of wax done, the master bedroom floor cleaned and waxed. Cleaned and wiped up the bathrooms and kitchen counters. Put the last 2 screens back in the windows.

DH hosed off the driveways. The roof is done, it is not perfect but way better than it was. Thought we were painting tomorrow, but just as I was finally leaving DH came back and we tackled the painting. Got everything but about 2 gallons rolled. I did all the cutting in, thank goodness for little low cushion on wheels. He will finish the painting tomorrow morning, we are out and having to buy more. House looks really good.

I am so stiff and sore I don't even feel human. It has turned cold, and I don't know what the temp. is but I was really chilled and that sure doesn't help stiff joints. I had a hot bath and I'm in flannel PJ's. I'm so hoping we don't have a really cold winter. With 2 houses, and everything over at 2H not freeze hardy, it's an incredible amount of work to take care of all that. Either try to cover everything (which sometimes doesn't work) or wait till spring and do all that trimming of freeze-burned vegetation. Sigh... I really hate this. Specially since we just got done planting all these tender little plants. :cry:

Sunny, I'm glad for the good Dr. report. Can you imagine when he might have broken it before? Last time he was in with the back pain maybe? At least it's all healed. Take care of yourselves. I did not forget we promised to come up and help with the tree, either.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:02 am

My DGD14 is doing something with her school production of Hamilton. She is loving the songs. I'd never heard of it before. She can listen to the songs online, and sings along.

Prayers for a quick sale of H2 Harmony.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”