Thinking/planning Sunday November 20

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thinking/planning Sunday November 20

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Services done. Lunch done. Heading home. Big snow storm and the roads are a mess so we will be taking it very slowly. Wish us safe travels. It is not dh's driving I worry about but this road is always full of idiots.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:00 pm

safe travels d kathryn!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:02 pm

hoping I can check in again. (heading soon to local play)

we pulled names for Christmas already (love that we do that) so I sent over dh's gift ideas and pulled mine as well.
we go shopping the day after thanksgiving so I have to make sure my ideas are in my christmas book to take with me.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Thinking of those traveling and preparing for travels.

Once I crawled into my bed, I slept deeply for 12 hours! I woke up and saw it was 11:57am so I quickly jumped up so I could make it out of bed before noon. LOL. Silly. I don't know why that matters. DH had given DS8 strict orders to not wake me up so I am grateful to DH for this much needed restful sleep.

Normal Sunday activities are not in my plans for today. I am having to fight myself on this because these activities are such a habit. I keep telling myself a break will be good for me. After working hard to establish these habits, now I'm purposely trying to interrupt them.

I am looking forward to having time to some deep cleaning this week with the hours that I normally spend homeschooling. I can't decide which way to tackle the deep cleaning projects. I think I will start with room-by-room by randomly drawing a card from of stack of cards containing all the rooms of the house. I've already given DH heads up that I expect a lot of items to be collected & taken to our favorite charity this week. Our 2 year anniversary of living in this home is coming up soon. If we haven't used an item in the last 2 years.....it is going to need a VERY good reason to not be put in the donation pile.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:35 pm

I raked the leaves from the fro t yd into a pile in the bk yd hens have em all spread out and are having a blast! Cooking soup now.

helia

Postby helia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Oh dear, I hope bad weather doesn't make dd18's (and her roommate's) travel home from NYC complicated or delayed on Wednesday. . . . OK, I just checked the online forecast on 2 sites, and it looks OK as far as I can tell - with highs in the 40s this week and a chance of rain on Thursday and on Saturday. I don't see the temps there dipping below freezing? Unlike here. . . the weather forecast here is much less pleasant - unfortunately for dd18 and her roommate.

We had a dusting of snow this a.m. that is pretty much gone by now, but it will stay below freezing until tomorrow late morning.

A good way to start my week, blessed, thinking and planning.
Enjoy NYC Twins! Which Broadway show will you go see?
I can see your hens enjoying the leaves, nancy.
Glad you got a lot of sleep, LadyM. It sounds like you sure needed it.
Safe travels Kathryn! Avoid the idiots the best you can.
Hope you feel 100% better soon, ((RRose)).

I did the panel discussion for the high school SS class this morning after the service, and that was fun! The kids were engaging and asked some good questions. They're exploring life after high school, including career options and corresponding educational paths. Dfriend R2, part of our small group and Th. dinner crew, was facilitating the class. I represented a teaching niche today. They've also had a high school teacher and an elementary teacher come through. The other 2 people on the panel this week were a vascular surgeon and a mechanical engineer. After church, dh and I met dd21 for lunch at a favorite campus modern Asian restaurant.

Is it already 4 pm?? :shock: Before dinner, I would ideally like to:
- make a menu plan and groc. list
- call my parents
- get the groc. shopping done
- go to WF with dh
- dinner: at our house or S and R's house?

It is hard to get up and do something. Dh has a lovely fire going in the fireplace. It is so warm and cozy in this chair. . . .

helia

Postby helia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:23 pm

Oh, I forgot to share that all of us here who went to go see Arrival last night really enjoyed it! IMHO, it's more a philosophical story using the sci fi genre to deliver its ideas. I guess that's a good sci fi story, using a unique setting to explore ideas about people and societies. Possibly not a great movie for someone looking for a lot of action.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:47 pm

Back to dd's place now and playing with dgs. We have just put in an order for Chinese food so will stay for dinner.

Four cars in the ditch during the drive here and it was awful conditions but we made it fine with no scares.

Dgs is really cute today staring at me while I was singing to him.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:07 pm

I've started chili for our supper. I'll take some of the leftovers to dmom and dbro tomorrow, since ds and dd probably won't finish it.

Dfriend/neighbor came over to visit and talk about Chief's routines. She will come by when she can and walk him while her dh walks R uby. We had a glass of wine together and caught up.

Dh has gone to meeting re: rabbinic search.

The NYC weather actually looks okay for us, RR. Lows above freezing and highs in the 50s. Helia, this time we are seeing Natasha, Pierre and The Great Comet - it looks like something different at least. I'd still love to see Hamilton but can't get dh to spring for the tickets. http://www.broadway.com/shows/natasha-p ... omet-1812/

Gotta get the kitchen cleaned up, also I brought in the last of the basil today. I need to spin it in the food processor with some oil and freeze it to enjoy this winter. The plant was huge - still producing - we've had days with highs close to 80 so it's been okay.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Good evening to all.....Dinner is over and the kitchen cleaned up. I took it kind of easy today as I'm always tired after the busyness of the week and need either Saturday or Sunday as a day of rest. I did only a few light housekeeping chores along with the dailies.

The temp high today was in the mid 60s. I will probably have to turn on the heat tonight; the temp is to go down to 44*, and will be the same tomorrow while the cold front moves through. I have an extra blanket on the bed already and dh has two extra throws on top of that. He is always cold, even with flannel pjs.

Oh, yes, we did have a good visit with the orthopedic surgeon on Friday! The doctor was able to look up dh's original x-rays at the first hospital since he is in practice there and compare them to the x-rays he took. The fracture is healed and he doesn't have to use the back brace any more. He also said that there was another healed fracture and wanted to know when that occurred ---- we had no idea that one had happened! :shock: He still must use the walker, though, to keep him steady. The doctor told us that if dh has pain begin again to call for an appointment. We are very thankful for dh's healing and for all the prayers and good thoughts he has received!

Today was a good time for Thinking and Planning. Mondays are my usual Desk Day, so I will take that time to do some planning for the rest of November and December through to the end of the year.

I'm glad LadyM and dfamily had a good visit (congrats to dgs! for successful meet). I hope all who have upcoming visits with family share wonderful, pleasant and easy times! (Harriet's dfamily, Twins' Mom & Dad, Helia's dfamily). Glad for safe travels in the snow, Kathryn and dh!

Nancy, I would enjoy watching your hens play in the leaves!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”