Wednesday - last day of November

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Wednesday - last day of November

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:54 pm

hello to all that are here and who are busy working outside of our world here.

hello d twins,
d nancy,
d harmony: hope your day gets better,
hi d helia,
hi d lady,
hi d dee,
hi d lucy,
hi d kathryn,
hi d elizabeth,
hi d harriet,
hi d lynn

I ran to the post office, stopped by d mom's house for uncles bill that I left in the car, got a bad for me lunch, and now home again.

what needs doing
make dinner
wash laundry
finish paper work for uncle and call his scripts in
call uncle
text cousin.. trying to be family minded with healthy boundaries
exercise
christmas decorating.
run one more errand and get outdoors even though it's drizzling.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:35 pm

struggling - trying to pull myself away from the computer. :shock:
time for holiday music

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Somebody is talkin' trash about Cathy and Elizabeth over in the Arts, Crafts and Needlework thread. Shocking.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi! I have been going all day.

Water got delivered before 9 this morning. I was at the thrift shop when they opened at 9:30 for $1 day. The parking lot was full and there was a line up to get in. All the carts were gone by the time I got in. I went straight to the rack with my size, grabbed everything in the colours I liked, and then got into the fitting room before anyone else. I ended up with 12 new-to-me tops. They just need to be washed. I also got an Abercrombie scarf in a cream colour. It is so soft and a good colour for me. I have to look at the washing instructions, if there are any. It has rabbit's fur, so I don't know if it can be washed.

Favourite memory. Either finishing the paper work as far as I have gotten or getting that log splitter for dh. He is thrilled with it. Maybe the most unexpected is seeing dh in a jewelry store. Ex used to get most things from his mom.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:42 pm

I really needed the massage/body work today, my neck and shoulder has been aching; I feel much, much better there. My tummy, however, is a little upset. I took an Imodium earlier.

I signed up for the Salt Lake City genealogy institute in January, btw. Just checked re prerequisite reading and I have the books, need to review at least one of them, however.

I've done some paper taming this afternoon at least. I went through a filing cabinet of mostly temple papers and sorted by Save, recycle or shred. I have another box that is mostly personal stuff, I'm hoping to find the title to my car so we don't have to get a replacement.

Ddog hasn't had a walk because of my tummy feeling weird earlier. Dh was checking on whether we were still to have dinner w friends, but I'm hoping not. :?

I am beginning to depend on writing things down in my "Planner." I don't know that I would call it a bullet planner - it's more of a free form book as described by Kathryn recently. Somehow it clicked for me.

I am going to try to get moving a bit. Productivity has been pretty low today...

-walk ddog around block a few times (was raining earlier)
-bring in recycle bin from street
-finish bagging up paper recycle and stuff to shred (make note to take shred to drop off this week or next)

Well rats, before I finished this dh called to say we are going out to eat. So I walked the ddog and now need to get ready...oy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi again! I finally found the misspellings! They were not in my reports, as expected, though I am not immune from spelling errors. They have been corrected and re-posted. I consolidated all my lists, then found another! I am working on a report for which the database does not have all the info. There is enough to get started, as long as I keep notes on what is missing. I will, as always, put info in the header on what is missing. The query is done, except for adding the categories, which I totally forgot! I got some clarification on some report items as well.

The two troublemakers have made arrangements to pick up pet food donations at a local store. They insist that everyone be at the Chief Troublemaker's house at 4 pm to pick up what they want. Guess what? They "forgot" to tell the cat program people! And they know that only J is retired and can pick up. And guess what else? J is out of town! Not that she was on the distribution list anyway. Only the board was on the list. I am the only cat foster on the board and everyone knows I work far away. When I joined this org, I knew I would sometimes encounter difficult situations with cats and dogs, I didn't realize I would be dealing with JACKASSES as well.

I still have not decided on game night at church tonight. I'm so tired and have so much to do, but need to improve my social life, which is practically non-existent. The prayer focus in last night's devotional was "someone who helps me make good decisions". I realized I don't have anyone! I don't even have anyone to help me make BAD decisions now that I am seeing less of the xBFF.

Harriet is right. I should post in Arts, Crafts, and Needlework. I made lots of progress this month. It is not likely to happen today though.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 pm

dinner is in oven... starting to cook again since d mom is now in florida. (much healthier for all of us) - it will take 2 hours to cook
need to plan dinner for tomorrow
talked to d brother... he went home and will come in next week
dh saw d mil.
still struggling with getting work done.

dishes are on - I rinsed as I went

I could sleep zzzz
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:15 pm

what a great gift d cathy (I would love to get one for d brother)
I have been oo-ing and ahhh - ing when I watch the videos.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Long day. Still haven't cuop.

Drove out to the country. Took my senior friend another 15 miles down the road to the Walmart in a town instead of into the city to a Walmart in the suburbs. We had 4 stops in all and then lunch, then home. She's exhausted.

I started home, knowing traffic was bad but got caught in construction on the highway before I could even get to the traffic jam on the main expressway through our city. Dh had contacted the NFs and they still wanted a Walmart run so I picked up NFM and NF10 and we got her pjs for pajama day at school. They were really quick so I was home just over an hour later.

Dh had dinner ready soon and now I'm leaving to go play Scrabble in the lobby of the other apartment building.

Dh and I brought up the Advent decorating bins and the wrapping supplies bin from the storage locker. And measured to see if the shelves we have at ds's will fit (yes but tight.) That would get everything off the floor, now that our locker has a drain pipe in the ceiling of it.

Checked email before supper. I'm being suspended as a licensed lay worship leader as of tomorrow.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:38 pm

Kathryn, it's hard to watch others make an error but sometimes we just have to shake our heads over them. That's certainly a mistake.

Elizabeth, you are moving into the years with your dd in which she becomes a person who helps you make good decisions. She's growing up and will have more understanding about the world as she goes along. In a way, she's already been "helping" you - not that she knew what the decisions were, but that because of wanting the best for her, you made some good ones.

One more Mom phoned - just 4 children left to find.

Dd36 phoned to say dsonil went by P.O. and has her package in hand, and she feels much better, after doing without keys and purse for a couple days.

Return to “Post When You Can”