Successful Saturday!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Successful Saturday!!

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:32 pm

I cut out part of the next gift bags. Have a binder to set up for the new year. Found a pretty one with gold foil covers. Not sure about the dividers yet but I have time.

Raked leaves in the front yard hens got to play in emnagain. Did that after walking ddog before dinner bs took a dive so had to eat. Glad I had a fast plan for dinner sub type sandwich.

Sheets are clean and back on the 2nd bed this week yea!

I feel like this was a busy successful day for me.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Good evening everyone! The things I have succeeded at: checkbook balance, library returns and rechecks, post office to mail return item and get stamps, pickup some paid for items, feed car. I have almost finished the rainbow panda and will be crocheting with Miss Marple tonight. I have no idea when DD14 will get here, there is a party at her other house and I allowed her to stay and enjoy. LOLs are done, cat care and me care are complete. I found two boxes of Christmas cards from last year! The notes from the last animal org are transcribed, but I numbered the pages wrong. So later, I will go back to the word document and reorder it. I need a break right now, so I came here.

I went to my knit/crochet group today and did something abominably stupid. I moved a table, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!!! My foot hurts worse than it has in a long time. Advil has not cured it and I would like one of the prescription pain meds. However, I don't want to take it, then have to pick up DD. That would be even dumber.

One more thing must be done this weekend: update Quicken and transfer money.

SNARK ALERT!!! ANOTHER SNARK COMING THROUGH!!!
Whether it is true or not, DD14 views the other woman as having put an end to all father daughter fun. She said the best year ever was the year between the divorce and the remarriage. Now, she says the other woman doesn't want to do anything that does not included her step-brother. However, on the weekends that step-bro is there, he does not want to do anything and they are stuck at home. When I suggested she do stuff with her dad on the weekends step-bro is not there, she said, "Miss L always convinces him not to do anything fun." (This probably means that chores are done on those weekends rather than any vendetta against father daughter fun). I did have a suggestion to make things better for her: she can invite her best friend over. Step-bro can ignore everyone in favor of video games, but she will still have fun.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:43 am

Dbil is so rude. He has been on the phone with dniece for at least 45 min -- maybe over an hour -- since we left the ballgame. No one can talk, of course, while he is talking, and he just laughs and carries on with her, but does not share the funny parts of the conversation with us. He does this every time he travels with us. I think a quick check-in is fine but an hour long conversation??? Sheesh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:23 am

Kathryn - other things that can cause holes in a person's jaw - starvation, stress, infection, as well as the expected lack of oral hygiene.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:30 am

No it is rude that he is not in his room talking to her but I don't think he has to share what he is laughing about. You can ask after he is done how she is etc. but you can walk away and have fun somewhere else.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”