FINISHING FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FINISHING FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 am

Do you have something(s) you have to finish up today? I know for me it's 'finishing' the church council notes (but first I have to begin and as my signature says, "Begun is half done!") I'd forgotten to get them done and I need to send them to the secretary this morning.

Mornings are taking longer now that dh is here. I waited for him to wake up before I got up (he was in the recliner). After he took his shower I needed to put patches on him where the black x's were for his TENS unit. Uh.....there are no black marks. They washed off in the shower. Had to have dsonil help us find where they needed to go -2 in front and 2 in back. Also put all his meds away. Bought him a new 7-day, 3 unit dispenser and had it sent to him up north. Wish I'd bought two. They're really nice and are labeled for day of the week.

Taking my meds now and it's almost 9am. :roll: At least we got the bed made first thing. Now to go eat breakfast, bring my coffee in here and get to work. Have a good day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: FINISHING FRIDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:12 am

Good morning Dee, and all who follow....

I've done the clean up-straighten up for dcleaning lady and am heading out for a walk with dfriend/neighbor and ddogs soon. Cold morning here.

The things I need to do to finish the week:
-flu shot
-dmom's insurance
-ck on setting up dr appt with dmom
-shabbat dinner tonight? challah?
-new mask for CPAP

May end up going into the weekend, or next week, but I'm having a pretty good day with decent energy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:51 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Dee.

Catching up:
* Wednesday night meeting with library volunteer group was not fun. :( New president is not playing nice with anyone and thinks that everything the group has done for the last 10 years has been wrong. And yet, the group has done so much for the library over the 10 years ... but, still, done the wrong way! and she is the only one who knows the right way!

* On the plus side, the holiday decorations at the library have been much admired by patrons. We have a patriotic tree, a tree full of angel ornaments, the hat & mitten tree I mentioned before, a tree for the teens whose ornaments are fluorescent green & orange, for the small children a little tree with paper ornaments that they can color, and the historical society brought over a small silver aluminum tree that they decorated with Betsy McCall paper dolls to advertise an exhibit they'll be doing next year about TinyTown in the 1950s & 60s. In addition, we have all of the snow people decorations we've used before, a few Santa figurines scattered around, a stuffed Grinch toy trapped in a birdcage, giant paper snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, and twinkle lights hanging around the 2 front windows.

* Yesterday lunch with the sewing group board members. Social only, the only business we discussed was how many tables we'll need to set up for tomorrow morning's meeting project. Ritzy restaurant, service was excellent, food was good.

* Stopped at Al di to pick up a few groceries while I was in TheBigCity.

* Last night paying gig at the library. Typical Thursday night.

* After work last night I spent some time deleting a bunch of shows recorded on my dvr. Decided they didn't look interesting enough to ever watch so not worth taking up the space.

* This morning I've already taken care of emails and desk duties.

Today's 5x5:
* Finish getting ready for meeting tomorrow morning with the sewing group.
* Laundry 1 critical load for the Christmas sweater that I want to wear tomorrow
* Cut out and sew 2nd test pattern for Christmas gifts. 1st try was ok for myself but not quite good enough for gifts.
* Make fudge
* Wrap gift for oldest DSis

Tomorrow I will have the sewing group meeting in the morning and then in the afternoon the nursing home where oldest DSis lives is having their annual holiday party for families.

I'm watching the weather forecast, they are predicting 3 to 5 inches of snow to start tomorrow afternoon. Sewing group is 30 minutes drive from me but early enough the roads should be no problem. Nursing home is an hour northwest, coming home late afternoon might be tricky. I've been avoiding getting my snow boots out of storage but I guess it's time. Sigh.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 am

Watching the singing contractors on u tube singing Mary Did U Know. :mrgreen:

H said they may have to work Sat. Bc they were closed Wed.
Snowed 1.5" in. Apx. Driveway it cleared, I swept off the deck some a trail on and the patio, a trail around the yard coop & run. I have more to do round 3 in a bit. x it is pouring down snow out at the moment.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello Dee, Twins, and Booksaver!

Oh my goodness -- there are things I need to finish but won't be able to b/c of payroll. Ack!! Also, I'm in the middle of 6 evening social events in a row, so I don't have evenings to do things either. T - work potluck; W - ds here cooking and visiting and it was 10 pm by the time I drove him home and got back myself; Th - moms group potluck party; tonight - dinner party with 2 other couples from church, the transition team (1 pastor and 2 elders doing the admin. duties of the Sr. pastor until we hire a new Sr. pastor); Sa. - small group; Sun - S, R, and toddler J here. They might be out before 9 pm so I might get a bit of an evening on Sunday.

I really want to get my packages in the mail next week. Gift for dbro. hasn't shipped yet. I wonder when they will ship it? I have no idea what to get my mom.

I went to WW this morning and posted a 2.6 lb. loss, which has me feeling pretty cheery in spite of other things. I even went to 2 parties this past week. At home, I'm well below 150 on the scale again (right before my shower), but WW has me a tad above -- fully dressed with a mug of tea in my tummy. I like to be in the 140s. I ate all my points + weekly points. I think the increased jogging maybe is making a difference? Also maybe stress??

So far today, I have:
- s2s-ed and done self care
- reclaimed the kitchen
- checked on a couple orders that still haven't shipped yet. Trying not to feel stressed about that.
- went to WW
- study time

Next:
- make the bed -- more necessary in our current temporary environs in the play room
- grade S paragraphs
- make a pre-writing assignment to be due on Monday

Later:
- prep for 2 classes
- teach 2 classes, out 12:45 - 6
- let dogs out; leave again by 6:15 to dinner party in neighboring village

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi, everyone!

My so-fars:
morning routine done
Thanksgiving report * all math-ed out :geek:
"missing you" card prepared for church friend
Both those to mailbox
good strong breakfast
Morning Daily Card completed well

Hurray for energy, Twins'!

Hurray for sweethearts being closer, Dee!

BookSaver, the library's decor success is nice to hear. I'm amazed that your new volunteer group pres got along with anyone enough to have been voted in! I'm well aware that it's crazy-making to hear from those who don't know telling those who do know that the crazy-making people know best! :lol: I'm glad it seems a rather universal experience for your group - that may keep it from being divisive. We nominate you for pres again. (ducking and running!)

My Hope-I-Cans:
work on cards
shop for tree
if I do go out, deposit to match report *

Oh, a "hi, ya'll" to Nancy and helia!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Happy Payday to me! And good morning to everyone else! What I need to finish is the accessories for the crocheted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. It won't be finished today, but the goal is to have it done this weekend. Last night I found yarn suitable to make pepperonis for the pizza. I am combining two shades of red - a maroon and a brick red. I am going to test flicking some bleach or hydrogen peroxide on some to see what that does.

As usual on a weeknight with DD14, only dailies and very little else got done yesterday. I took her to the library, where she stayed less than 10 minutes, so she could get back to homework. She did find two books. I am trying to get hold of her guitar instructor, but can no longer get him on the phone. It goes straight to voice mail, but does not allow me to leave a message. I am NOT paying $20 extra a month for other people's convenience (i.e. I am not getting text capability). I determined this really cool pattern I saw on a pillow is not suitable for a sweater. It just would not drape well. It would not lie flat enough for a rug either.

I did manage to figure out what needs to be done tonight (in order): pet food store, grocery, craft store, mall store for gift card. I suppose I should have some dinner sometime too, but I don't know how I will fit it in. Bills and budget should be done quickly too. My head is trying to make a migraine right now.

Nancy wrote:6:33 It is snowing now and we have a skiff.
What exactly is a skiff? I thought it was a small boat.

Sounds like Booksaver's library volunteers will go the same way as our animal org volunteers and for the same reason. That new president sounds like our Chief and Deputy Troublemakers. Those of us who have been in the org for 15+ years obviously don't know what we are doing and need their "expertise" (i.e. constant criticism) because they are going to "save the cat program" with their "new ideas". After an entire year of their promises, we have not seen a single new idea. They were going to present them at a secret meeting, but no one could attend, so it was cancelled. They won't actually tell anyone what the "new ideas" are, but have promised in writing that we will be informed of their decisions.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:45 pm

Ds didn't get here until after 9 and was awake so he's just heading to bed now. He'll get 5 - 6 hours of sleep. Sigh....

We'll drive him to the rental place this evening because it is not out of way for our plans. He'll be able to sleep a little longer if we do that.

We spent the time looking for a car for him. He'll need us to cover the car loan for him. I'd rather he move on to a new car but his parameters make for an expensive car. It must tow at least 2400 pounds and be a manual transmission which limits it to about 5 vehicles (Subaru, 2 models, BMW X3, and VW Golf TDI.) Gas mileage is important too. Availability is poor and he needs a car ASAP now that the ski hill is open. He walk/bus/beg-a-ride for most things but not the ski hill.

There's only one used car for sale that fits our criteria, in this area. He has no time to drive around. Subaru is not one of those 0% or even low rates so buying new is prohibitive. I'd love for him to get a Kia (affordable) but the towing on those (along with a dozen other possibilities) is 2000 and the tent trailer he has access to is 2200 lbs.

At least he's no longer looking for the BMW although I'm not sure the Subaru won't be nearly as expensive to maintain.

In the meantime, I'm here in my dressing gown. Dishwasher is now running, kitchen is cleaned up.

I'll hit the shower next.

Elizabeth: it is payday for ds as well. He just paid off his loan from me. (Just in time to borrow even more money!)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:53 pm

Another fire alarm!

(and I wasn't s2s....)

I threw on my clothes from yesterday, put on boots and checked the sides of the building - no sign of smoke. Same in the hall. Decided to stay up. Sat back down at the computer and smelled smoke! Immediately shut down my computer, told dh and packed up my computer. Dh said he couldn't smell it at all. That's when I realized I put on my clothes from yesterday, the same clothes I wore to the campfire last night!!!!

The alarm is off now.

I feel so bad for ds. He didn't bother leaving the bed.

In the meantime, since my last post I did research on Subaru Outbacks and am comfortable with ds's choice. They are among the most reliable of cars, good for 300K miles or more and more reliable than BMWs. The price for the used one is fair.

The downside is that they are so reliable they are hard to get. Same is true for used Prius so I understand that problem.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:27 pm

On the road. Had to jump off the Tahoe at ds's house... frustrated DH... but we see on the road, finally.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”